Idea - Pestilence (with zombies)

Discussions about GameTypes
X_Sheep
Novice

Idea - Pestilence (with zombies)

Post by X_Sheep »

This is an idea for a Deathmatch-style mod, which can use standard DM maps.

At the start, everyone is human. The first person to frag someone else gets 2 points, and the victim becomes a zombie. After that, humans may not kill each other or they lose 1 point. (maybe a 5 second delay after the first zombie appears, where humans can kill each other without penalty or score to settle things down a bit)

When a human frags a zombie, they get 1 point. When a zombie frags a human, they get 3 points and the victim becomes a zombie as well. Zombies can not damage each other. Suicide will subtract 1 point and result in zombification.

The game ends when everyone is a zombie, and the player with the highest score wins. Or perhaps the game has multiple rounds which end when everyone is a zombie, and turns everyone back to human while keeping the scores. I don't really know.

Zombies could have advantages or disadvantages like not being able to use guns, but have invisibilty or something. Zombie-only weapons could include this: :barf: =P

Comments/suggestions?
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: Idea - Pestilence (with zombies)

Post by GenMoKai »

X_Sheep wrote:Zombies could have advantages or disadvantages like not being able to use guns, but have invisibilty or something. Zombie-only weapons could include this: :barf: =P

Comments/suggestions?
I like the idea, but give a zombie a advantage that he will be invisible... sounds like crap, i think its better to give zombies armor or more health... but they will lose health/armor every second, unless they kill a human to regain health (zombies cant use medbox or other pickups)

A idea to give the zombie a advantage that he can run faster or jump higher, but only can use melee weapons like impact hammer/chainsaw

These are just a couple of ideas i had in mind, let me hear what you think
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
X_Sheep
Novice

Post by X_Sheep »

I meant invisible as in almost-invisible, like what the powerup does. The main idea was not to have players who turn into zombies lose all will to fight ;P

Since zombies can only kill a human player once (before they turn into another zombie) I don't think it'd be a good idea if they lose health constantly. I like the higher speed though.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

i know about the invisible thingie, but i think it will be a bit to hard to be honest... imagine... 5 zombies that you hardly can see are chasing you... that wont be a balanced game to be honest
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
awergh
Novice

Post by awergh »

the idea is good, i think id like it best with zombie only weapons, like throwing up on someone like the boomer does in left4dead would be fun

id aggree if your the last person and everyone else is invisble it wouldnt really be fair
X_Sheep
Novice

Post by X_Sheep »

I'm not sure why everyone thinks zombies become too powerful when they're invisible. Let's not forget that they're stuck with the crappy weapons and can't use health packs :P

Besides, when you're the last human left, you basically have the advantage if you play well. You can score as many points as you need, while everyone else can only get 3 more points max. (all scoring will be configurable, by the way)