Upcoming Bonuspack

Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Upcoming Bonuspack

Post by Creavion »

Soon - dont ask me when - we will release for the more or less recent released ut99.org cmp2 a small bonuspack. Although the maps are nearly done, some problems still need to be solved. However, 3 maps, 3 screenshots, here they are:
CTF-UTR-Syntra.jpg
DM-UTR-ArcticDecay.jpg
DM-UTR-Compressed3.jpg
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Re: Upcoming Bonuspack

Post by zacman »

Dunno why, but the top one makes me think of an old PS1 game, Gex 3D, Undercover Gecko...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

zacman wrote:Dunno why, but the top one makes me think of an old PS1 game, Gex 3D, Undercover Gecko...
jup looks like this :mrgreen:
Btw. the last one seems to be a cool remake ...Wanna play!
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Yes I can't wait for the game server being finally fixed (or isn't it already?) and advertised, the front page being updated, the downloads being fixed, general website updates and 3 more maps being released...

1st pic: I really don't like how those cliffs look, and note that players will be climbing the cliffs for camping or faster route to flag. The level also has some contrast issues.

2nd pic: Sacrimossa's evil underground ice-cold twin? Anyways it looks simpler in terms of detailing but I can't really make out anything more than a T-junction whit some stairs and 2xUnrealShare.Torchflame.

3rd pic: Looks like a faithful remake. I hope it's much more than copy&paste. I see some badly used Cylinder Lights.

DM-UTR-ArcticDecay seems to be the best of these 3 imho.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

The patch is also still in progress and with that the hope that xpickups finally works online without those goddamnit server crashes.
@1st Map: Is only partly my work. The map was started by a friend of me in 2005 and I finished it only, I tried not to destroy his used style, so mostly stuff you can see there is still his work from that time. I just tried to finish the job. Actually CTF is not my gametype of choice, both in mapping and in gaming. So I am for example dependent in pathing for Feralis help, because the bots are screw up there. Its like I already said on unrealsp.org: First and last time that I finish other mappers work. For me the map was still ok but sadly the map is not a "over leet ctf map".

@Decay: I am surprised that you see a connection to sacrimossa, but you are right, there is really one. Yes, it s less detailled, after I noted that I often used a little bit high poly count. So I reduced this poly count in my actual maps a little bit. And no, my maps are not intended to be low poly maps, they should still look ok. But polys are not the only way to give a map details. In combination with certain textures you can also add details in a map. But I think you know what I am talking about.

@Compressed: It offers an expanded layout. Also a lot of changes in the architecture can be found here and there. So it is not just copy and paste. About the cylinder lights: I can only say that I like it.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.