Bit of help

Discussions about Servers
Chap38
Novice
Personal rank: Old Schooler

Bit of help

Post by Chap38 »

I cant query any servers anymore for some reason and i dont know why. Can someone copy and paste there favorite server list in the thread please. for those who dunno you can find it in your unrealtournament.ini file... thanks
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Bit of help

Post by Feralidragon »

1 - Maybe you aren't waiting time enough? I say this because this was the solution for that same exact problem 2 years ago for another guy. It can take up to 3 min just to load up the first server it finds in the list.
2 - If there's indeed a problem, check your firewall settings and so, or if you're running Windows Vista, it might take up to 5 min to load up just the first server (Vista sucks, nothing to do about it).
3 - If you want to know which populated servers are there, the best is to go to gametracker (which is what I usually do instead of query them in UT itself, since it's faster to find a good server and join): http://www.gametracker.com/search/ut/
Note: Some servers aren't UT, some of them are TO (Tactical Ops, which shouldn't be allowed to stay in the same category, but Epic doesn't give a damn, neither gametracker, so oh well, you have just think any server with a TO-... map isn't a UT server, like in the query). Then just copy the IP from the server you want to enter and join it by "open location" in the game.
gopostal

Post by gopostal »

eavyserverbrowser.zip
(3.66 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Install. Marvel at your new master server listing speed. Enjoy. Send me a Christmas present.

If this doesn't work, you have your port blocked for the master server.
Chap38
Novice
Personal rank: Old Schooler

Post by Chap38 »

thanks a mill guys