In-Game Speedometer

Discussions about UT99
d0om3D
Novice

In-Game Speedometer

Post by d0om3D »

Does anyone know of some mod that gives you a speedometer in game. I need one to work on my dodging and map movement.
UT99.org

Re: In-Game Speedometer

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Do BunnyTrack :noidea
d0om3D
Novice

Post by d0om3D »

Ive tried but few servers exist that give men good ping, let alone have BT. Im talking about something which gives you a real time view of your unreal units per second in game.
Darkness
Experienced

Post by Darkness »

You want to use this in singleplayer only, right? I can do something like this quickly, I guess.

EDIT: here it is :mrgreen:

It'll ignore the vertical velocity (not sure if it was necessary, though, but I did like that), and keep track of an average speed too (but resets when you die).

To use it you may need the relics package (Bonus Pack 2 I think), since I've subclassed the relicHUD thing to make it show up at the HUD.
Attachments
UTSpeedometer.rar
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
d0om3D
Novice

Post by d0om3D »

Thanks for the file, i really appreciate it. Should definitely come in handy for improving speed.

On question however, i have the steam version of UT so it has all the updates and relic mutators. Im guessing im supposed to put the files in the system folder. I did that, but i dont know how to set it up in game.
Darkness
Experienced

Post by Darkness »

d0om3D wrote:Thanks for the file, i really appreciate it. Should definitely come in handy for improving speed.

On question however, i have the steam version of UT so it has all the updates and relic mutators. Im guessing im supposed to put the files in the system folder. I did that, but i dont know how to set it up in game.
Extract at system folder, then start the game, start a practice session, click at "mutators", and add the proper mutator, named "UT Speedometer".
d0om3D
Novice

Post by d0om3D »

lol how did i miss that. Anyways, rly nice mutator. thanks again, it rly helps with learning the in game mechanincs.