doh again

Discussions about UT99
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

doh again

Post by TheDane »

why is it that every time something gets posted that the admins don't like it gets erased and topic locked?

I thought this site was about to KEEP ut alive? Why lock and delete posts in a very important topic where a texture project is deviding the players into two groups keeping the server admins hostages?

AGAIN!! when my posts gets deleted i would very much like to know what EXACTLY i posted that entitled the admins to delete it? This is a discussion board or what?
Retired.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: doh again

Post by Creavion »

TheDane wrote:
Diehard wrote:I guess the discussion ends there.

I do know how this stuff works, and i am certainly not an idiot..
gopostal told you numerious times in the thread what is wrong with your project, so yes, for a developers eye you look very stupid.

You have no clue ... and you don't give a shit about it.

like gopostal said, photoshop skills has nothing to do with REAL developing.

YOU are deviding the UT players with this useless crap ... why don't you focus on adding good gameplay to the new games you so much like for their graphics? because they realy lack what UT has: GAMEPLAY!!!
Lets see what you have written. Or better read the text marked in bolt. Maybe you`ll notice it by yourself. In case you are not able to see it: Congrats. You did a hat trick with insulting. Not everybody is able to do that. No seriously. Tell me why? Opinions are allowed, you can like or dislike something or even hate it but this breakes all rules. (and btw: the post was reported by a kind forum user). Although gopostals posts regarding this topic were not very nice either (but it was within a certain limit), he made at least the work to reason his statements. Everything I see in your post is hate. Nothing more.
You should maybe consider before you submit a post next time.. read yourself what you have written. Sometimes it is just to easy to loose control about oneself. Your decision how you want to interprete that. From what I know it is indeed very rare that posts were deleted here at all. But I dont think that it is our fault if you post .. something "useless" like that.
I dont want to know what DieHard thought if he saw your post. He is very nice guy and it is always possible to criticize his AWESOME work (my opinion of course), but in a polite way and not like you have done it.

BTW: If you prefer to let your posts getting "abused" if something like that should happen again, we will keep that in mind of course. But personally I dont hope that this will happen again. Try to learn something out of it.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

I totally agree with Creavion.

I just want to point at number one of our house rules:
1. Be kind to each other, because this is a support and community forum and no flame-forum. Insulting statements are unwanted in any case. Asssure that discussions are always led objective and do not end in a personal battle. Resolve issues outside the board or consult a moderator.
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Wait... insulting is not allowed?

oooooowhhhhhhhhh.....
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I guess the post deletion was already explained, and although I think it's OBVIOUS why I LOCKED the whole topic, I will make a really short explanation:

- DieHard openned a new topic just to say he released his work;
- A discussion was started, mostly between gopostal and DieHard;
- Then things calmed down, and the topic remained openned;
- Then you came and made that post (and Skillz as well, although his post wasn't directly offensive to anyone, but your was);
- To avoid another shit storm, I locked it.

End of story

And btw, I consider DieHard has skill regarding textures, but I don't like what he's doing either, but I won't insult him since he doesn't deserve to be insulted, nor this forum allows such thing to happen (and I actually think this forum already allowed to much BS).
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Myth wrote:Wait... insulting is not allowed?

oooooowhhhhhhhhh.....
Somebody likes to be ironical? :tongue:
But I think I know what you are trying to point at. (PM)
BTT: The an other issue with his post was also... he come up to the more or less closed discussion with this rather useless post. (like Ferali already mentioned).
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Shade wrote:I totally agree with Creavion.

I just want to point at number one of our house rules:
1. Be kind to each other, because this is a support and community forum and no flame-forum. Insulting statements are unwanted in any case. Asssure that discussions are always led objective and do not end in a personal battle. Resolve issues outside the board or consult a moderator.
Just like shade said... be nice to each other and DONT use that much temper/anger/hate/whateveryouwannacallthisfeeling thing. And no... this isnt all vs you or something, you just have to read it back to understand what you did wrong
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

If you think that admins of this forum are abusive and lock your threads unfairly, go checkout other forums such as one on skulltag.net. You wouldn't last a minute there, I guarantee you that. In fact, you can get banned for asking a question there. If you are not happy with what's going on in here, just leave. There's no need to troll.
Why lock and delete posts in a very important topic where a texture project is deviding the players into two groups keeping the server admins hostages?
There's no need to insult anyone when you are trying to make your point. It makes you look like a little kiddo who has no clue how to create a good argument.
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

congrats by killing ut99
Retired.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Actually the only one who is killing ut99 is yourself, since you might troll important users away who contribute really useful stuff to the community - even if it has flaws and bugs. This is not the way how it should be handled. We gave you a chance to think about what you have done. But your reaction was as sure as death and taxes. Congrats.

BTW: Since this is the second time you can take this as an inofficial warning. We won`t play this game with you any longer, we have better things to do.
About to be non-active
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Recommend closing this thread permanently. Anyone second my motion?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along?"

Rodney King, May 1, 1992, L.A.
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

you don't keep ut99 alive by bringing people to this forum. You need to crowd the servers to keep it alive, ut99 is a game remember? there are plenty of chatrooms on the net if that's what people like best. that lame texture project has made sure that players using them can only visit server who change their settings to support that, and vice versa. the end result is that the players AND servers are devided into two groups, nothing you can say or do can change that fact. Close your eyes to it, support him all the way, lol. Don't blame me though.
Retired.
TheDane
Masterful

Post by TheDane »

Sergeant Todd wrote:Recommend closing this thread permanently. Anyone second my motion?
sure, that's what they always do when the talk doesn't suit them.

Or ban me? :tu: I realy don't care, I care about the game though, and it's certainly not beeing taken good care of by these admin events regarding the texture project. :barf:
Retired.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Enough of that all. You don`t want to learn...
About to be non-active
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

sure, that's what they always do when the talk doesn't suit them.
At most priority, it have to suit the house rules, in second priority the community, not only us (the site staff). We are just the (bad) charladies who keep the board clean and tidy and do our best to make this community a nice place for everyone. ;)

we dont ban you, if you (at least) simply follow the house rules.
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers