DM-RUFX-Bathroom-V2SE [RoninUnrealFX Bathroom]

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced
Personal rank: UT Veteran & Mapper

DM-RUFX-Bathroom-V2SE [RoninUnrealFX Bathroom]

Post by [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX »

NOTE: Before I start with this thread...I completely understand that there are indeed too many Bathroom levels (I've played at least 6 different ones since 1998, perhaps 8 or even more! ^^ ), but unlike other versions, I decided to be on the creative side and design a bathroom level that (imho) would try to follow the same feel, but with a new twist (and a partial new gametype revamp for typical mini-me levels ^^ ). Some new techniques are in this level that I've never seen in any level since I started Unreal 1 (aka the day it came out ^^ ), but if it has already been done, then link me to them...I'd be glad to play them. :)

Pictures:

Image Image Image

Description:

Welcome to the future...of bathrooms! Set in the not-too-distant future between 2015 to 2020, this bathroom is set with the best-of-the-best and the newest-of-the-newest components that every house owner would agree to use for their everyday lifestyle! However, this bathroom level isn't your typical bathroom like level from Unreal and UT. This is probably one of the most beautifully designed versions since the original was made in 1998 for Unreal 1 by Twinsen! That should obviously tell you a lot of things right there! Well, what are you waiting for...? Let's get this party started!!

Notes:

Well, this monster of a (clan) level is finally finished! =D After starting the bathtub design around April 2009, then finally porting the bathtub to this brand new level (which started on June 7, 2010) to this giant behemoth of a level while creating the everything else (including the "outside" ^^ ) proved to be a substantial feat for me, as I've literally never created a level with *PERFECT* lighting and BSP within one level (and imho, that is a *BIG* compliment to my mapping skillz ;D ^^ ). However, it is not perfect, but *MUCH* better than my older maps, such as Pagnite and Klaitus. =D I hope you enjoy this big-ass clan level...because it was well worth the pain and agony (and effort)! =)

Download Links:

MediaFire: LINK
FileFront: LINK

Hints & Tips:

* Are you stuck on the floor of the level? Can't get onto the rest of the level? No problem. Simply go towards and "jump" into the electrical plugs, and you'll be teleported to another location within the level. Each teleporter takes you to a different place, so study them and note the locations of the "entrance and exit"...and pretty soon, you'll dominate this level and know it inside-out and at the back of your head!
* The bathtub and the sink have a *WORKING* "Drain and Fill" system. That means: press a certain valve (you'll know which one it is once you touch it or walk over it :P ), and the "draining" process will start, followed by the "filling up" process a few second after. NOTE: To "conserve water"...there is a hardcoded limit (2-3 minutes) of when you are able to activate the "Drain & Flush" again for your personal enjoyment. It is also put in place so the level does not get annoying. Also, *IF* that person "camps" on that valve, just snipe him/her with the Sniper Rifle and show him/her who's boss!
* Low Gravity is automatically enabled within the level...no need to enable it via mutators! *IF* you already have it enabled...then the gravity will be DOUBLE the amount as it is normally, which could either make (or break) the level gameplay.
* Bot pathing is included, but is it entirely 100% unsupported. I cannot be blamed for if a bot does not do what it is supposed to do! "Giant" maps and bots usually don't get along too well without *HARDCORE* pre-planning beforehand! However, every step and precaution that I can think of has been implimented along with it, so there is a lesser chance that "AI bugs" will occur, but they are to be expected (somewhat).
* This is a "clan" level, not a "professional" level. Don't treat it as if it *HAS* to be # 1...otherwise, you'll risk appearing like a dumbass to everyone!

Official Readme:

Code: Select all

===========================================================================
|**| Readme of DM - RoninUnrealFX Bathroom V2 SE for Unreal Tournament |**|
===========================================================================

*NOTE: For best results while viewing this readme, "Word Wrap" MUST be enabled!*

-------------------
GENERAL INFORMATION
-------------------

Authors:  [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Email:  roninmastafx@gmail.com
Start Date:  Monday, June 7, 2010
Finish Date:  Friday, July 2, 2010
Release Date:  Friday, July 2, 2010
Last Update:  Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Archive Filename:  DM-RUFX-Bathroom-V2SE.zip
Archive Size:  13.5 MB
Level Filename:  DM-RUFX-Bathroom-V2SE.unr
Level Size:  14.5 MB
Version:  Final
Build Number:  2.0.5
Milestone Build:  Yes
Test Build:  No

-----------------
LEVEL INFORMATION
-----------------

Level Name:  RoninUnrealFX Bathroom
Level Theme:  Mini-Me/Land of the Giants (LotG/LoTG)
Gametype:  Deathmatch
Botmatch:  Use at your own risk!
Teamplay:  It does support 2, 3 and 4 teams via Team Deathmatch, but use at your own risk...it is completely 100% untested!
Single Player:  No
Multiplayer:  Yes
New Textures:  Yes
New Sounds:  Yes
New Music:  Yes
New Weapons:  Yes
New UnrealScript:  Yes
New Meshes:  No
Screenshot:  Yes [3 rotating screenshots]

----------------
PLAY INFORMATION
----------------

Recommended Players:  4-8
Minimum Players:  2
Maximum Players:  10
LowGrav Match:  Yes
Weapons:  Chainsaw (1), [OldSkool Amp'd] Quadshot (1), Shock Rifle (1), Pulse Blaster Mark I (1), Flak Cannon (1), Minigun (1), Rocket Launcher (1), Sniper Rifle (1) & Redeemer (1)
Ammo:  Quadshot Shell Box (2), Shock Rifle Core (2), Pulse Blaster Mark I Plasma Cartridge (2), Flak Cartridge (2), Minigun Bullet Box (2), Rocket Pack (2) & Sniper Rifle Shell Box (2)
Health:  Liandri Medkit (5) & Liandri Mega Health Container (1)
Powerups:  Liandri Shield Belt Protection System (1), Liandri Invisibility Suit (1), Liandri Double Damage Enhancement System (1) & 2 Liandri / U.M.S. Bodega Bay Scuba Gear Equipment (2)
Protection:  Liandri Armor Vest (1) & Liandri Thigh Pad (1)
Music:  Aztech/Toby - Cosmic (Cosmic.umx)
Sounds:  BathtubDrainFX5 & BathroomSinkDrainFX7 (MyLevel) | Stream3 (AmbOutside)

-----------------
BUILD INFORMATION
-----------------

Polys:  4055
Brushes:  670
Zones:  17
Nodes:  8031
Lights:  80
Light Sources:  71
Actors:  883
Teleporters:  5 Visible, 6 Invisible [electrical plugs (like DM-Bathroom by Twinsen)]
Scripts:  None
Meshes:  None
Reachspecs:  4411
Optimization:  On

------------
CONSTRUCTION
------------

Base:  BN-AVIT-OUCH-BATHTUB Alpha 2.5 (Demo level)
Build Time:  3 weeks (on and off) for DM-RUFX-Bathroom; 9 days for BN-AVIT-OUCH-BATHTUB Alpha 2.5 (on and off) [April 16-25 2009]; over 1 month in total
Editors Used:  UnrealEd 2, Adobe Photoshop 12 CS5

------------
REQUIREMENTS
------------

Unreal Tournament 432+ (436+ recommended)
OldSkool Amp'd 2.39+ (OLweapons.u + olweapons.int is included just incase OldSkool isn't installed, so you don't actually need to download OldSkool just to play this level ^^ )
Pulse Blaster: Mark I [UT Edition] (included) [PulseBlasterMarkIUT.u]
TriggerAmbientSound (included) [TriggerAmbientSound.u]
TriggerWaterZone (included) [TriggerWatrerZone.u]

------------
INSTALLATION
------------

Unzip DM-RUFX-Bathroom-V2SE.zip into your Unreal Tournament folder. It will then extract everything into their proper directories!

-----------
DESCRIPTION
-----------

Welcome to the future...of bathrooms! Set in the not-too-distant future between 2015 to 2020, this bathroom is set with the best-of-the-best and the newest-of-the-newest components that every house owner would agree to use for their everyday lifestyle! However, this bathroom level isn't your typical bathroom like level from Unreal and UT. This is probably one of the most beautifully designed versions since the original was made in 1998 for Unreal 1 by Twinsen! That should obviously tell you a lot of things right there! Well, what are you waiting for...? Let's get this party started!!

------------
HINTS & TIPS
------------

* Are you stuck on the floor of the level? Can't get onto the rest of the level? No problem. Simply go towards and "jump" into the electrical plugs, and you'll be teleported to another location within the level. Each teleporter takes you to a different place, so study them and note the locations of the "entrance and exit"...and pretty soon, you'll dominate this level and know it inside-out and at the back of your head!
* The bathtub and the sink have a *WORKING* "Drain and Fill" system. That means: press a certain valve (you'll know which one it is once you touch it or walk over it :P ), and the "draining" process will start, followed by the "filling up" process a few second after. NOTE: To "conserve water"...there is a hardcoded limit (2-3 minutes) of when you are able to activate the "Drain & Flush" again for your personal enjoyment. It is also put in place so the level does not get annoying. Also, *IF* that person "camps" on that valve, just snipe him/her with the Sniper Rifle and show him/her who's boss!
* Low Gravity is automatically enabled within the level...no need to enable it via mutators! *IF* you already have it enabled...then the gravity will be DOUBLE the amount as it is normally, which could either make (or break) the level gameplay.
* Bot pathing is included, but is it entirely 100% unsupported. I cannot be blamed for if a bot does not do what it is supposed to do! "Giant" maps and bots usually don't get along too well without *HARDCORE* pre-planning beforehand! However, every step and precaution that I can think of has been implimented along with it, so there is a lesser chance that "AI bugs" will occur, but they are to be expected (somewhat).
* This is a "clan" level, not a "professional" level. Don't treat it as if it *HAS* to be # 1...otherwise, you'll risk appearing like a dumbass to everyone!

-------------
RONINUNREALFX
-------------

RoninUnrealFX is an Unreal & Unreal Tournament clan that is hosted/located in London, Ontario, Canada. We are a “just for fun” clan and a no-cheating clan (except for our monthly “Cheat Matches” where all cheats and hacks are allowed). The goal of RoninUnrealFX is to bring entertainment to those who like to play Unreal & Unreal Tournament in a relaxed way! We DO NOT play for money at all (unless it does not involve RoninUnrealFX as a whole)!

Although this is a dedicated Unreal & Unreal Tournament clan, some of us like to play other games to give us a short break if needed. NOTE: this does NOT mean we are a multi-gaming clan, this clan is designed *ONLY* for Unreal & Unreal Tournament fanatics, new and experienced. Once every month or so, we usually have mini clan events (meaning only a select few can battle the game out through a vote), and “Cheat Matches” as described above.

If you are interested in us, you can visit our website at http://www.roninunrealfx.co.cc!  =)

-----
NOTES
-----

Well, this monster of a (clan) level is finally finished!  =D  After starting the bathtub design around April 2009, then finally porting the bathtub to this brand new level (which started on June 7, 2010) to this giant behemoth of a level while creating the everything else (including the "outside" ^^ ) proved to be a substantial feat for me, as I've literally never created a level with *PERFECT* lighting and BSP within one level (and imho, that is a *BIG* compliment to my mapping skillz ;D ^^ ). However, it is not perfect, but *MUCH* better than my older maps, such as Pagnite and Klaitus. =D I hope you enjoy this big-ass clan level...because it was well worth the pain and agony (and effort)! =)

------------
KNOWN ISSUES
------------

1) The odd time you *MIGHT* see a "transparent" reflection from certain parts of the level. I believe that this is caused by some broken/glitched BSP, but I could be very well wrong! It could also very weel be the renderer. If you continue having this problem, chances it might be one of three things: your video card itself, the video card drivers and/or the renderer you are using. Around the Beta 2/RC versions of this level, I have removed it by 9/10 (possibly even 95-98% of it!), so it really shouldn't be all that bad...  :S 
2) The toilet bowl has a "BSP slit" in the side closest towards the window. This is due to the complex geometry that the toilet brush is used from. This *MAY* be fixed...maybe not!
3) To some, the level may look too dark in Direct3D and/or OpenGL, depdning on your video card & drivers. I have tried to increase the brightness of the level as best as I could and balance it, but this is the best that I can do. If you need to, increase the brightness in the UT mmain menu.
4) The water outside of the "Bathroom" (eg. the pool and the fountain) has no WaterZone, therefore, you cannot swim in it, and the engine will think that you are not within the water zone. I have no plans to fix this, since the outside was created for "decorational purposes" only! Take risk when ghosting/exploiting outside the "bathroom". If you *REALLY* want to see the outside properly, open it up in the UnrealEd!
5) The "Corvette" car BSP model is slightly broken. The back tire textures are messed up, and there are some BSP holes. Like I said in Known Issue # 4: "The outside was created for decorational purposes only"! The car is only viewable if you ghost/exploit the level and go outside of the "bathroom" anyway, or if you view it in the UnrealEd! It was not meant to be showcased to the typical "average joe" UT player. I have no plans to change this at all!
6) In the toilet area, you may see some flcikering lights/BSP if you view it in certain angles. My theory that this is caused by the "tiles" itself, not the toilet...*BUT*, I could be very well wrong. Try to ignore it as best as possible. I have tried my very best to minimise it, but sometimes it will show.
7) The water coming out of the spouts for *BOTH* the bathtub and the sink are unlit and may seem somewhat (or completely) unrealistic to some. I have tried to fix this as best as possible, but without it being unlit, it is literally invisible...  :/  Therefore, I have done slight modifications to both water movers that form the "water coming out of the spout" (aka the "Spout Water Movers") to make it slightly more realistic by texture panning and what not, but still...I'm not too impressed with it. It's the best I can do, sorry guys/ladies!  :(
8) The TriggerWaterZones (when empty (aka not filled with water... ^^ )) do not have the special "LowGravity" parts enabled. It uses the "default" zone gravity from typical Unreal/Unreal Tournament levels. I have no plans to change this, as it would be WWAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY too complex, considering the amount of triggers and dispatchers I had to perfect! However, consider this an "easter egg", because I'm not too sure if a glitch might happen *IF* I was to automatically switch a zone from one to the other (unless there was a .1 or .5 delay), but still...it's too complex as it is...*AND*...the level is almost 15 MB! That is just damn-well motherfucking HUGE!! This isn't DM-FoT-Arken *NOR* DM-FoT-Chronoshift! A map this good...yes I can see the detail & and posssibly scripts make the level size HUGE...but for a simple clan Mini-Me/Land of the Giant styled level...forget about it! End of discussion!!
9) With the "Spout Water Movers", if it hits the water (and sometimes the zone portal, depending on which renderer you use, you might see an "invisible spot" on them when the water fills up. I have no freaking clue how to fix this, so it's staying *AS-IS*! Sorry about that...  :(

------------
OTHER LEVELS
------------

Unreal:

DmRoninGlade                           (1998)
DmJuanoGardens [failed]                (1998)
DmRoninUltz0rMazeFacility [prototype]  (1999)

UT:

DM-Shaft#252 [failed]                  (1999)
DM-RoninMaze                           (1999)
DM-RoninMazeSpecial                    (2000)
CTF-LavaGiantR1                        (2002)
DM-MalevolenceR1                       (2002)
DM-Shrapnel][R1                        (2002)
DM-[PUT]Shrapnel][Deluxe               (2002)
DM-[PUT]PeakWhore                      (2002)
CTF-[PUT]LavaGiantBeta [protoype]      (2002)
DOM-[PUT]Shrevikon [prototype]         (2002)
CTF-[PUT]LavaGiantDeluxe               (2003)
DM-[PUT]MalevolenceRemix               (2003)
DM-[PUT]Bathroom [never released]      (2003)
DM-Vakinor [failed prototype]          (2005)
CTF-Kaylorne [never released]          (2007)
CTF-KlaitusStarship [failed]           (2007)
CTF-Pagnite                            (2008)
DDOM-Vaxol [failed prototype]          (2008)
DDOM-Klaitus                           (2009)
DOM-Deconitra [never released]         (2009)
DM-RUFX-LavaGiant                      (2010)
DM-RUFX-Shrapnel][                     (2010)
DM-RUFX-Malevolence                    (2010)

UT2003:

DM-[PUT]LondonTransit [never released] (2002)
DDOM-[PUT]Gontor [failed]              (2002)
DM-[PUT]RoninMaze2K3                   (2003)
DM-[PUT]Bathroom2K3 [never released]   (2003)
DM-[RK]Bathroom [never released]       (2006)
DM-RoninBedroom2K3 [never released]    (2007)
DM-El_Bathroom [never released]        (2007)
DM-Keltron [never released]            (2007)

UT2004:

DM-[PUT]Bathroom2K4                    (2005)
DM-[RK]Bathroom2K4                     (2006)
DM-RoninMaze2K4                        (2006)
DM-Keltron2K4 [never released]         (2007)
DM-El_Bathroom2K4 [never released]     (2007)
CTF4-El_Bathroom2K4 [failed]           (2007)
CTF-Pagnite2k4                         (2008)
DM-RoninBedroom2K4 [never released]    (2008)

---------------
UPCOMING LEVELS
---------------

Unreal:

DmRoninMazeClassic
DmRUFXBathroomClassic
DmRUFXLondonTransitClassic
DmRUFXTulavClassic

UT:

AS-CartelWarehouse
DM-RUFX-LondonTransit
DM-RUFX-Tulav
DOM-RUFX-Xennos
MH-Valintron

UT2004:

DM-RUFX-Bathroom2K4
DM-RUFX-LondonTransit2K4
DM-RUFX-Tulav2K4

UT3:

DM-RUFX-LondonTransit2010
DOM-RUFX-Deconitra2

--------------
OTHER PROJECTS
--------------

RoninMastaMod
UT3DOM (Unreal Tournament 3: Domination Only Mod)
Double Domination For UT
Unreal Division Mappack
The RoninFX Readme Template Series

-----------------
UPCOMING PROJECTS
-----------------

UT: Forgotten Classics BP
The RoninReadMe Project

-------
TESTERS
-------

[~]RUFX[~]Alucard
[~]RUFX[~]RaianTheFallen
[~]RUFX[~]RoC
[BN]-=AV][T=-
[BN]-=OUCH=-
«:MX:»MadSniper
VRN|Shade
--=Aalexanderrr=--
BlackCheetah
Creavion
Delacroix
Dynaphase
EisWiesel
Filipe
Gizzy
GreatEmerald
MY7H//6VND4M
Shivaxi

-------
CREDITS
-------

--=Aalexanderrr=-- for helping me solve the shower head issue, solving the "constant music switch" issue, suggested merging the skybox withn the level itself to prevent 9/10 of BSP issues (and to fix the window & mirror skybox issues ^^ ), wrote a guide for me to help with the "ceiling lamps" brightness issue & created the bathroom floor tile textures, bathtub wall tile textures and the bathroom wall textures!  =D
[BN]-=AV][T=- & [BN]-=OUCH=- for giving me visuals on how their bathtub looked  =)  Although it's not 100% identical to the original model, it's at least 90%!  =)
BlackCheetah on fixing the TriggerAmbientSound for V2.0 Second Edition and the upcoming "UT: Forgotten Classics Bonus Pack"!!  :D
GreatEmerald for giving me suggestions on a lighting deco, since the old "glass ball" models were fucking up the level...  =)
EisWiesel, Shivaxi, Gizzy & Dynaphase for major bug hunting and believing in this level...you guys make my job as a mapper worthwhile!  =D
Delacroix for believing in me and this project!  =)
Gizzy (once again) for making the Pulse Blaster Mark I (aka the Beta Pulse Blaster)  =D
[~]RUFX[~]RaianTheFallen for believing in this project and giving me 2 suggestions that I added to the level and made it better!  =D
[~]RUFX[~]RoC and [~]RUFX[~]Alucard for encouraging me to finish this map in one piece!  ;D
MY7H//6VND4M for being an awesome friend, and for encouraging me to play with him via UT2004 when I'm stressed from this level and life in general (just to give me a break)  =)
UsAaR33 & Pshycic_313 for OldSkool Amp'd and their (working!) QuadShot weapon/ammo!  =D
FuhrPark 5 Final Edition for the Corvette model!  ;D
Head & Shoulders for their logo  :)
Made-In-China.com for the awesome floor drain texture!  =)
RoninUnrealFX just HAS to be credited  ;)
Epic Games & Digital Extremes for their 1337 game  =D
Everyone else that I missed, thank you!  =)

---------
CHANGELOG
---------

v2.0 Second Edition [v2.0.5]

* Fixed all typos within the Hints & Tips section
* The sink "valve" goes back to it's original location about 22 seconds earlier
* Fixed a tile behind that toilet that was accidentally forgotten to be turned into a semi-solid
+ Added sink and bathtub botpathing (the toilet is still non-pathed, however ^^ )
! Replaced the (online faulty) "TriggerAmbientSound" with a newer version (v2.0 [ONLINE FIX]) to re-enable online support via dedicated servers

v2.0:

* Fixed (hopefully) all of the BSP issues with the wall
* Fixed several typos within this readme
+ Added a new "HINTS & TIPS" section below the "DESCRIPTION" category
+ Added (unsupported) bot pathing, so now bots can play this level
! Made 98% of the wall tiles semi-solid (only 3 tiles could not have been made into a semi-solid due to the "pipes" and the "water spout")
! Moved the location of the Thigh Pads to the old Super Shock Rifle location on the shower head
! Moved the armor to the centre of the top front shelf in the medicine cabinet
! Replaced the first and second screenshots with a new ones to reflect the new changes of V2
- Removed the Super Shock Rifle

v1.0:

& Initial Release

----------------
CHANGELOG LEGEND
----------------

* Fixed
+ New
- Deleted
! Changed
@ Renamed
# Restored
& Statement
^ Remastered
< Revised
> Rewritten

-----------
PERMISSIONS
-----------

You MAY use this level as a base for other levels without my permission (although a request and/or explanation of the edits you are about to perform to my level would be nice!)

You MAY NOT commercially exploit this level, i.e. put it on a CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, HVD or any other electronic medium that is sold for money without Epic Games, Inc. explicit permission!

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic network (IM's, IRC, Internet, FIDO, Magazine Covers, local BBS, etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive intact.

---------
COPYRIGHT
---------

RoninUnrealFX Bathroom is Copyright © 2010 by Mitchell "[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX" LeBlanc.

------------
LEGAL NOTICE
------------

Unreal Tournament and Unreal Tournament: Game Of The Year Edition © 1999-2003, 2006, 2008 Epic Games, Inc. and Digital Extremes.  All Rights Reserved.  Published by GT Interactive Software, Inc., Infogrames, Inc. and Atari, Inc. under license.  Distributed by Valve, Stardock, GOG.com, GameTap and GameShadow.  Unreal Tournament, UT, UnrealEd and the Unreal Tournament logo are registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc.  All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
Last edited by [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Filipe
Experienced
Personal rank: Death knight

Re: DM-RUFX-Bathroom [RoninUnrealFX Bathroom]

Post by Filipe »

Hmm... Well, In those pics it locks nice.I will download it now!

Edit: I have it already and i think you better dont put a instagib in that map or in any other map since it has infinite ammo
and i also noticed this bug
Attachments
Screen.jpg
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced

Hmm, thought I squashed all of those "rendering issues"... :/ Apparently not... ^^

And about the instagib: very well, I'll remove the Super Shock Rifle and replace it with another goodie. I'll have an update coming very soon. :)

NOTE: Any comments and criticism *IS* welcome! I want this map as perfected as possible! =)

Thanks again everyone! :)
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Gave it a quick try. From the visual aspects I can not complain - a decent looking giant map.
From the gameplay I noted some issues: I was stuck on the ground floor the whole time. I was not able to reach the upper areas. Bots were also lost here and there (in the corner near the minigun and on the red canada carpet - bot navigation flaws). However, from what I have seen so far from you, I would say your best work. Just hang in there!
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Filipe
Experienced
Personal rank: Death knight

Post by Filipe »

I never used this in any map that i´ve made but i think this helps highly in lowering bsp bugs
Attachments
Screen.jpg
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced

@ Creavion Thanks man... :) There is actually no bot support within that level, since I decided it would be irrelevant due to UT's somewhat poor AI (as seen from your one UTR level), but I'll see what I can do and add the best bot AI layout and botpathing I can do...but no guarantees. :(

@ Filipe it was caused by the wall tiles...should've been semi-solid, NOT a solid... :oops: This was an error of my own fault, but in this fixed version I am working on, it doesn't seem to happen anymore, but I'll still do some general debugging and see if it's completely removed. I vow to not release this fixed version until all of it is complete! ;) Also, the super shock rifle is now deleted in the fixed version, and was replaced by a thigh pads, and the top shelf only contains an armor...I feel this will help the flow. :)

If anyone has any comments and criticism (and suggestions for the matter ^^ ), let em know. Once the fixed version is released...I will ONLY edit it again if something serious occurs. As for updating the screenshots...I might just do that. It depends on how much free time I have. Besides, the only differences (visually) would be the super shock rifle has been removed and replaced with the Thigh Pad (aka it was moved from the top medicine cabinet shelf alongside the armor).

Thanks everyone! :)

Edit: The "electircal plugs" act like teleporters...exactly the same as in DM-Bathroom. Use them to teleport throughout the level. :) If demand is high, I'll replace with visual teleporters, incase people may get confused. Worst case scenario is the teleporters broke somehow (they once did in mid beta stages, but I fixed it, really weird UE1 glitch that was fixed by a rebuild all ^^ ). P.S. I will also edit the readme in the fixed version about that the electrical plugs act like teleporters (both the top and bottom one ^^ )
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

Re: DM-RUFX-Bathroom-V2 [RoninUnrealFX Bathroom]

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

Edit: I have it already and i think you better dont put a instagib in that map or in any other map since it has infinite ammo
and i also noticed this bug
Unavoidable in complicated BSP-intensive levels. Have yet to check out the final release but it does look nice indeed.
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced

Re: DM-RUFX-Bathroom-V2 [RoninUnrealFX Bathroom]

V2.0 released! =)

95-98% of the BSP errors *should* be gone now, and there is a bit of a changelog here! I shall list it now:

v2.0:

* Fixed (hopefully) all of the BSP issues with the wall
* Fixed several typos within this readme
+ Added a new "HINTS & TIPS" section below the "DESCRIPTION" category
+ Added (unsupported) bot pathing, so now bots can play this level
! Made 98% of the wall tiles semi-solid (only 3 tiles could not have been made into a semi-solid due to the "pipes" and the "water spout")
! Moved the location of the Thigh Pads to the old Super Shock Rifle location on the shower head
! Moved the armor to the centre of the top front shelf in the medicine cabinet
! Replaced the first and second screenshots with the new ones to reflect the new changes of V2
- Removed the Super Shock Rifle

Enjoy! :)
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced

Re: DM-RUFX-Bathroom-V2SE [RoninUnrealFX Bathroom]

A bit late, but I have a V2 SE of DM-RUFX-Bathroom, which fixes LOADS of bugs from V2 (especially the dreadful TriggerAmbientSound dedicated server online bug!). It also further enhances the bot pathing. Note: It is still untested, but I have done tweaks to it, so in theory, it *should* work close to 100% now =)

NOTE: Replace your TriggerAmbientSound with the one from DM-RUFX-Bathroom V2 Second Edition...it includes an online fixed version that you can play it via dedictaed servers without breaking the TriggerAmbientSound!

Changelog:

* Fixed a tile behind that toilet that was accidentally forgotten to be turned into a semi-solid
+ Added sink and bathtub botpathing (the toilet is still non-pathed, however ^^ )
! Replaced the (online faulty) "TriggerAmbientSound" with a newer version (v2.0 [ONLINE FIX]) to re-enable online support via dedicated servers

Edit: Fixed a few typos that I found
Last edited by [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mackkaif
Novice

Post by mackkaif »

The use of ceramic or glass, as well as smooth plastic materials, is common in bathrooms for their ease of cleaning. Such surfaces are often cold to the touch, however, and so water-resistant bath mats or even bathroom carpets may be used on the floor to make the room more comfortable.

Bathroom cabinets
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX wrote:A bit late, but I have a V2 SE of DM-RUFX-Bathroom, which fixes LOADS of bugs from V2 (especially the dreadful TriggerAmbientSound dedicated server online bug!). It also further enhances the bot pathing. Note: It is still untested, but I have done tweaks to it, so in theory, it *should* work close to 100% now =)

NOTE: Replace your TriggerAmbientSound with the one from DM-RUFX-Bathroom V2 Second Edition...it includes an online fixed version that you can play it via dedictaed servers withotu breaking the TriggerAmbientSound!

Changelog:

This looks sweet, [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX

I have trouble with Mediafire, lemme no when it's on Filefront, OK? :)
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX
Experienced

mackkaif wrote:The use of ceramic or glass, as well as smooth plastic materials, is common in bathrooms for their ease of cleaning. Such surfaces are often cold to the touch, however, and so water-resistant bath mats or even bathroom carpets may be used on the floor to make the room more comfortable.
You are correct sir! :) The Canadian flag is actually "water-resistant" also. :) I was to add more rugs as well early on, but I figured the bath mat by itself would be good. :)

Note: above the tiles on the wall is plaster (water resistant). Helps balance the texture feel a bit imho. :)
Sergeant Todd wrote:
[~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX wrote:A bit late, but I have a V2 SE of DM-RUFX-Bathroom, which fixes LOADS of bugs from V2 (especially the dreadful TriggerAmbientSound dedicated server online bug!). It also further enhances the bot pathing. Note: It is still untested, but I have done tweaks to it, so in theory, it *should* work close to 100% now =)

NOTE: Replace your TriggerAmbientSound with the one from DM-RUFX-Bathroom V2 Second Edition...it includes an online fixed version that you can play it via dedictaed servers without breaking the TriggerAmbientSound!

Changelog:

This looks sweet, [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX

I have trouble with Mediafire, lemme no when it's on Filefront, OK? :)
Ah yes, I actually was very busy with rl issues for the past week, but the link has long since been up, just never officially linked it to this thread until now! xD My apologies about that, rl is a stinker (as everyone knows :P ).

Also note: there is the old v2.0 original as well, avoid downloading that one. The v2.0 SE FileFront link has been linked, so there shouldn't be any confusion or hesitance. ;) And also, even if you do download the wrong version, you'll have the old TriggerAmbientSound file, which isn't online compatible (acts like a normal AmbientSound that's on and doesn't shut off! xD ).

Thanks again, Sergeant Todd! I'm glad that you like my level! :)

Best Regards,
RoninMastaFX

Edit: Fixed a few typos that I found and removed the link from mackkaif's post I quoted... ^^
Last edited by [~]RUFX[~]RoninMastaFX on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mackkaif
Novice

Post by mackkaif »

thanks for sharing :)

[advertisement removed, one more time = ban]