International Siege Tournament I (IST I)

Discussions about Events and Tournaments
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

International Siege Tournament I (IST I)

Post by Feralidragon »

|uK|B|aZe// wrote:Just inviting you guys over, we are holding a siege tournament mlig style.

Its not a clannie tournament, its a free for all type tournament if you read up you will understand how this tournament works.

Links are here:
Rules: http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread ... -IST-Rules
IST Forum: http://www.unrealkillers.com/forumdispl ... Tournament

Please read up if you are going to participate as rules will be enforced regularly there is also useful information in there as to how the tournament will work and the captain selecting and player selecting process as well as the scheduling of matches, admin selection etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome please let other siegers know about this as im sure no one would like to miss this opportunity to learn a few new tricks and play alongside great siegers to learn off and of course JOIN IN for the laughter and competitiveness, this is not a competition to miss!

Thanks for your time.

B|aZe//
If anyone is wondering why I let this be an announcement, well, |uK| is a clan which main Siege server is ranked 1st worldwide, above even TO servers, so this kind of competitions from such community have a lot of importance on the survival of this game we know as Unreal Tournament.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: International Siege Tournament I (IST I)

Post by Creavion »

Sounds indeed important enough. :tongue:
To bad only that non-members can not read .. the rules. lol "Follow the advices which you are not allowed to read". :mrgreen:

Actually it seems I can not read anything..... well uhm ... :what:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
|uK|B|aZe//
Novice

Post by |uK|B|aZe// »

thanks man hope this turns out to be big happy fragging :loool:
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

The link about Rules is fixed, so everyone can check out the rules for this tournament, I advice any Siege player to check it out, and in case you don't know what Siege is, well, trust me on this, it's simply the greatest custom gametype created for UT (requires really team work, you can build offenses, defenses, items, nukes, etc, using RU [the "money" system of the gametype] which you win by killing players, destroying enemy buildings and nukes, etc, and the only objective of the game: destroy the enemy core).

Games generally last 40minutes to 1hour, but they can last 2hours or 5minutes, depending on the team balancing.
Rebellion
Novice
Personal rank: Major League UT

Post by Rebellion »

I'd just like to lend my opinion on the IST. It's a very fun mod and I encourage everyone to participate in it. The IST is a draft based league with more then a clan based league, ensures competitive teams. (that equals more fun).

I know many UT'ers are huge fans of IG, if so, I want to invite you to the most active UT99 IG community in the North American sector. www.prounreal.org/mlut

There ARE communities that are alive and well in UT! Just have to do some searching.
LiQuidFire
Average

Post by LiQuidFire »

Siege is a fun mod, it's just unfortunate that the |uK| servers, as popular as they are, are based in the USA.
I get horrible ping there and even with zp enabled its not particularly fun to play, especially once there's a few dozen protectors spamming! lol

But anyway, goodluck with it all Blaze!