Gollum?

Discussions about GameTypes
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Gollum?

Post by EvilGrins »

Until I get my own games going I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunt online and then tracking the maps down to play on my own with bots. There's this one that I've come across a few times and enjoyed playing, though most folks online go mutator crazy with it and it's insane playing at best.

That would be MH-B99_MinasTirith

I found it here, great site:
http://tinyurl.com/3ke6ray

There's one problem with it I've found, and maybe there's another version I can download to correct this but here's what it is.

See that green dead thing on the ground?

The map generates it's own bot, simply dubbed 'Player'. So on top of the monsters there's another character running around the map that is trying to kill me and my bots. If you've never come across this phenomena before, UT99 can generate a playable character that is pure AI and has maxed out skills. Basically take the highest skill level the game provides and that's what it will do.

If you're playing at home, hit TAB and type this: summon unreali.skaarjplayerbot. Different character entirely but same basic thing. When it first appear it has no weapon, after it's killed it come back with whatever weapons the map or mutators provide.

I'm unclear why it has no skin, the one in MH-B99_MinasTirith. The map has a few glitches about it. Like it comes with a music file that doesn't play. I've tested the file outside of the game and it does play fine.

An additional problem with a Player bot running rampant is the game can end before it needs to. This is common to any gametype, a Player kills enough times or is killed enough times (no idea what the score needs to be precisely) and the map will consider the game over even if the objectives and set parameters haven't come to pass.

So, I need to solve the map before this happens. For the most part I've had to deal with beating the map after it ends. In the final seconds before the next map comes up, or the current one restarts, if you have bots in the game if you hit 'Engage According to Operational Parameters' to all, the bots will continue to play even though the human players can't move.

I especially like doing that playing 'Domination'. Depending on the score, even if you lost, the bots can win you the game before the switchover...

...but I digress.

Any idea why this unskinned Player keeps popping up? :pfff:
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Gollum?

Post by JackGriffin »

Some MH maps subclass bot for monsters because they don't understand things. Obviously it messes things up badly.

Try killall bot then summon your posse back in.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Gollum?

Post by EvilGrins »

Ah, too much work. I'll just up my bots to seek that green freak out.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758