UTMCoop: Anybody know a server that runs it?

Discussions about Servers
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

UTMCoop: Anybody know a server that runs it?

Post by EvilGrins »

With all the monsterhunt games out there, I'm surprised this hasn't been used. Not so far as I've seen anyway.

UTMCoop is a mutator that allows you to play as a monster. All the various types, most of the animations, although they kinda screwed up the Krall's jumping move.

I think it's pretty cool but I don't often get a chance to use it actively with other people.

Has anybody seen it actively being used in the realm of online games?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Re: UTMCoop: Anybody know a server that runs it?

Post by MrLoathsome »

I actually had that mutator running on a server for a few months. (at least 5-6 years ago)

It was fun, but had a number of issues.

Some of the larger models, were unable to fit thru various doorways and lifts.

And quite often, players using models that can fly, would just fly straight to the end of the
map and end it, which would annoy others who were actually trying to play the map.
blarg
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: UTMCoop: Anybody know a server that runs it?

Post by EvilGrins »

That ending the map thing prematurely is an issue I've been having with the Nali Weapons 2 package. Some people use the graviton to bypass locked doors and end maps that should take like 30 plus minutes in about less than 5.

Larger models I can sorta see. Even without UTMcoop, I use the oldskool Sktroopers as bots. They're too big to fit thru some, though not all, doors. Still, they usually manage to run around and find another way to get there.

Might be cool to just run it as the moderator of a server, in game. It's a bit of a cheat but the Skaarj military models available through it have the arm shield. Unlike the actual monsters that use it, with UTMcoop it can actually defend against all weapons and not all any harm.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758