[DEMO] UT99 Extension Pack

Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Re: [DEMO] UT99 Extension Pack

Post by Shadow »

Epic used a polycount for the models of Unreal/UT around 200 - 600 Polys.
Unreal1ty
Average
Personal rank: UT-Mod Lead Designer

Post by Unreal1ty »

wow, cryengine (1+2) uses up to 6000 polys. but 3000 polys is not that bad. we can model some pretty cool detailed weapons aso...

@shadow: btw how is the development going? no update for so long now. i really hope, that you can finish the sdk at least. we're counting on you ;)
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Yes detailed weapons are no prop, especially in 1st person, the weapon is only shown at once.. so let's pump it up with polys..

Yarp.. no updates for so long, I'm kinda of "only show what's really working"-guy, the truth is, that the particle engines are finished for 80 % now, but I really want to show them in a map (anyone want to make a tech map for it?)...
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

i think thats a good idea, to show just the features, that are working 100%. to see them in a map would be great. i would do one for you, but i dont have much time right now. and im working on my own concepts in my very few freetime. and hey, i discovered the website of your old mod-team. really great looking pics and stuff there. im really sorry, that you had to cancel the mod.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Hm well thx, Maybe I have to map it myself, I think I'm going to be overcumbered with work thus this lil' thingy more doesn't make it at all.

Just to show something, here are 2 new Pics of the brand new Beam Emitters:

ImageImage
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Man!! That emitter rocks!!!

Oh yeah, I am going to have fun with your SDK for sure!

Great work man :tu: :gj: :gj: :gj: :gj:
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

jap really cool work. :gj:
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

It's just a little preview, it can just do even more magick, the Beam Noise can be controlled on all 3 axes (X,Y,Z), so the intensity, randomness, oscillation, the branching (yes even branching is supported), fading, and the scaling even supports smooth scaling allocated on all segments so that the beam as a whole thing scales smoothly.., different targets can be pointed and much more, the count of planes each segment has (to control performance), you can even control the texture of each single segment.. thus creating beam segments that have a "start"-texture, a "mid"-texture, and "end"-texture:
<<<< ------- >>>>
End Mid Start

For all who don't know what a plane is:

That's the way each segment looks like. All are connected correctly on each front and back of a segment. You may even control the space that is between each single segment to avoid bad looking segment bends.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I think that only with these stuff you have shown to us, UT2004 effects go to garbage :mrgreen:

Great Work Shadow :gj:
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

that is really impressive. i hope ther ewill be many new projects to ut99, that will be based of your sdk.
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

lol did somebody mention UT2K4? UT99's graphics kick the shit out of 2K4's already if you simply tweak your game. Check out my guide if you haven't already, the link is just below my signature. Combine my guide with the Extension Pack when it gets released and everyone that sees the new look of UT99 will be like H O L Y S H I T!!!
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Lee_Stricklin wrote:lol did somebody mention UT2K4? UT99's graphics kick the shit out of 2K4's already if you simply tweak your game. Check out my guide if you haven't already, the link is just below my signature. Combine my guide with the Extension Pack when it gets released and everyone that sees the new look of UT99 will be like H O L Y S H I T!!!
yarp, definitly, many critics of past times won't trust their eyes
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

that is really cool. i didnt know, that it is possible to upgrade your ut99. great!
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

ey, you got a description of your sdk on unrealWiki. really cool to see all the detailed features your sdk provides. and the upcoming projects, that are based on the sdk.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

hmhm yes, but that stuff on uwiki (and myspace) is highly outdated, I'm just too fuckin' lazy to update that shit, mostly because it's changing every day/week, but the ModDB profile is updated regulary, last updated contains new announced main features and a better state info (percentage of current state of the features)