Team LMS

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Team LMS

Post by EvilGrins »

Been letting the bots shred each other in Team Last Man Standing lately.

Team Last Man Standing is kinda cool but kinda sucks. It won't let you set a time limit for it... which is handy when you're letting bots fight it out because they sometimes can't find each other and the map just goes on forever.

I've countered this time limit glitch with MonsterSpawn and Armageddon mutators.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Re: Team LMS

Post by Old UT Veteran »

Yes, I would agree with you on this one. It does get pretty annoying when bots decide to camp. Will try to look into it though I am horrible at this field. If you find a fix to this glitch, either post it here or tell me what to do.

EDIT:
I fixed the glitch for you, so do you want it then? The author of this mod mostly copied the script from the original LST. I added a couple of lines and also removed the Time Limit in the Init Game spot. That caused the error because it was set at Time Limit = 0;
It took the players ability to pick the time limit because it would always be 0. Now you can set the time limit.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Old UT Veteran wrote:Yes, I would agree with you on this one. It does get pretty annoying when bots decide to camp. Will try to look into it though I am horrible at this field. If you find a fix to this glitch, either post it here or tell me what to do.

EDIT:
I fixed the glitch for you, so do you want it then? The author of this mod mostly copied the script from the original LST. I added a couple of lines and also removed the Time Limit in the Init Game spot. That caused the error because it was set at Time Limit = 0;
It took the players ability to pick the time limit because it would always be 0. Now you can set the time limit.
Sure, you can attach the new file to your post. Just put it in a .zip and upload it here.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

Ok, found another sad bug.
Old UT Veteran wrote:It took the players ability to pick the time limit because it would always be 0. Now you can set the time limit.

Yeah, sorry about that. Didn't fully tested it before stating that. Timer fully working now but the game does not end when it hits zero. I may be able to fix this....

EDIT:
WTH???? The Timer works and the game ends but it counts every 2 seconds?

EDIT 2:
No more bugs or glitches :D
Here you go:
Last edited by Old UT Veteran on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Old UT Veteran wrote:Ok, found another sad bug.
Old UT Veteran wrote:It took the players ability to pick the time limit because it would always be 0. Now you can set the time limit.

Yeah, sorry about that. Didn't fully tested it before stating that. Timer fully working now but the game does not end when it hits zero. I may be able to fix this....

EDIT:
WTH???? The Timer works and the game ends but it counts every 2 seconds?

EDIT 2:
No more bugs or glitches :D
Here you go:
Actually I found one.

Should the bots mutually annihilate each other, in this case with a redeemer, the game keeps going because the clock hasn't run out. Your update to TLMS mandates the clock has to run all the way down or the game isn't over.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

Ops sorry about that...

EDIT:
BTW.. I know about the game not ending when everyone is down, but that is something out of my reach.
moonliten
Average

Post by moonliten »

Any chance this is still available? I wouldn't mind the fixed versions.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I don't still have it. Have no idea why his fix isn't still linked to his post.
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

I still can't figure it how to add exceptions in Team LMS if Fraglimit reaches 0 while using Time Limit. My version only has the time limit workin correctly (if you want to play without elimination) and the frag limit also without setting a specific time limit.

I find my version completely useless if I can't solve both of the problems which set the ending condition for a specific gametype. I paused on this but might give it a shot.

Have done some research on the creator of the mod by using his nickname. I found a couple of other UT forums which apperantly had a few posts made by the author. Luckily, those posts were about the mod TLMS itself. The author stated about having problems relating to the same issue that I have, and later on fixing it.
I don't know if the author fixed the bug or left it like this because he didn't knew how to fix it. Heck, he might have also never thought about testing all of the features of mod resulting in unfixed bugs and issues.

I will look into this again MAYBE, since my vacation started about a week ago I will have time to spare. I am going into this blindfolded because I have no real experience with the script. It may be a good idea to PM someone that has experience and is willing to fix the bug.

@moon

Yeah, i no longer have any of the modified versions. I took off the attachment because a few other bugs came up with the Timer function. School was ending and I had many Final Exams coming up and no longer had any time to work on it.
My version wasn't any better from the original. I might have fixed a couple of bugs but still not all of them. What's the point of uploading a unfinished product?

BTW. Grins has my LAST modified version as proved by the 2nd screenshot taken by him. So, you might want to ask him on giving that to you if interested.
I already erased all of my modified versions.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Old UT Veteran wrote:BTW. Grins has my LAST modified version as proved by the 2nd screenshot taken by him. So, you might want to ask him on giving that to you if interested. I already erased all of my modified versions.
More like had. When it didn't work I deleted it in favor of the original version I already had.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

UT Vet, if you need some help ping me and I'll get you sorted out. I worked on this mod some years back back (if it's the same original maker).
So long, and thanks for all the fish
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

You might want to hold off a bit as I am considering adding a LMS_SP gametype to my UTSPFix project.
I ran into a number of the same issues you mention above when I was working on TDM_SP.
In all my testing, I think I have resolved those problems. Game ends when fraglimit or timer if set are hit as it should.
Sudden Death OT working also last time I tested it.

You are welcome to look at the UTSPFix source for the TDM_SP gametype to see if anything I did there can help you.
(Although the extra stuff I put in for The Monster Team and other options, makes it a bit more complex than the original Epic TDM... :omfg: )

Only default gametypes I didn't do a version of for that yet are LMS and RocketArena.
(And I am planning on leaving RocketArena out. Does anybody play that at all?)

It it quite possible I could do something for LMS like I did with the DM_SP and TDM_SP gametypes.
With the fixes and the optional Monster Team etc.

A Team LMS gametype, would be much more interesting than messing with RocketArena I am sure.

Jack had a preview of the TDM_SP when he helped me test out an early version of UTSPFix a few weeks ago.
He stayed and played for almost an hour I think. Current release is much improved since then.
(GG again Jack. That was fun. :rock: )

If Team LMS is going to happen, it would be best if it included support for scriptedpawns in the games.
(I do not like accessed none warnings/errors in my logs....)

And before you ask, I wont need any source for any previous attempts. Will just look at epics LMS class, and take it from there.
(I went out of my way to avoid looking at anything other than default epic code when working on this UTSPFix stuff. :sleep: )

Any thoughts on this Jack?
blarg
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

MrLoathsome wrote:
Any thoughts on this Jack?
Yeah: He should listen to you. Your mod is fantastic.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Old UT Veteran
Skilled

Post by Old UT Veteran »

JackGriffin wrote:UT Vet, if you need some help ping me and I'll get you sorted out.
Thank You!
But first, I will try to follow Loathsome's advice. If I can't figure out the problem and how to solve it I will PM you.
Btw, I know little about scripting so please have patiance with me if I ever PM you. I am almost a complete noob at this stuff. :D
I don't think that this task is difficult though. I've already managed on fixing a couple of bugs myself.
MrLoathsome wrote:You are welcome to look at the UTSPFix source for the TDM_SP gametype to see if anything I did there can help you.
Thank You also for responding and possibly giving me an answer for fixing my problem. I will embark on this project either this or next month.
Planning on starting from scratch.
MrLoathsome wrote:A Team LMS gametype, would be much more interesting than messing with RocketArena I am sure.
Tested RA long time ago and had lots of fun with it. I prefer TLMS more than RA mainly because it provides non-stop action and it keeps the adrenaline up. :)

EDIT
MrLoathsome wrote:You are welcome to look at the UTSPFix source for the TDM_SP gametype
Where can I find this? Sorry, not so good with finding things. :wth:
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Old UT Veteran wrote:
MrLoathsome wrote:You are welcome to look at the UTSPFix source for the TDM_SP gametype
Where can I find this? Sorry, not so good with finding things. :wth:
All the source for the UTSPFix gametypes are in the Classes folder.

Download and info available here:

http://ecoop.ucoz.com/load/utspfix/1-1-0-42
blarg