Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Screenshots

Post by papercoffee »

Isotoxin wrote:Where is the dev thread
It is still hidden ...same as the FF dev forum.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:And the next step is to make an own map ...something with a little bit more effort than only some cubic rooms filled up with monster pawns.
Ideally, yes. Although, with just about every forum I'm a member of hosting a thread entitled "What would bring about the end of UT" or "The end times of Unreal" or stuff to that effect, I think's largely kept me from making my own maps is that by the time I learned enough to make one and the release it... nobody other than me will still be playing the game.

Been a lot of panicky chatter that Epic's gonna shutdown the UT master server... or something like that.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Wow! Crev, this looks just stunning!! Very moody. The palms to the left are looking very good!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Nice screenshot, specially now seeing everything within context in that map. :mrgreen:
EvilGrins wrote:Been a lot of panicky chatter that Epic's gonna shutdown the UT master server... or something like that.
Those kind of rumors have been around forever, so treat it as such. Epic knows people still play this game quite a lot in comparison with many other games and specially in comparison with UT2k4 and UT3, and even recognized that fact by updating UT news page a long time ago, so I don't believe they will shut it down (specially considering it may be an old and/or low cost master server and they have plenty of money to even bet in sinking games and studios with financial needs, so...).

However, if they by any chance decide to do so I might follow the stream and leave either to another game or finally build my own, we'll see. Also if you start learning how to map for UT1 and it ends up dying for some reason, you can use that knowledge in other games, trust me (perhaps not exactly the same, but you develop concepts which will greatly reduce the learning curve of any other game or editor).
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Creavion wrote:
Screenshots01.jpg
Hint: At a later point of the development the "in detail" dev thread will be made public, which so far is only (supposed to be) visible for a few selected users
jaw just fell off.... :rock: :rock: :rock: :thuup:
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

:gj:

I know, 1-smiley posts are not allowed, so I just write some random text here...
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Given the size of the map I'm working on, distance between the start and the exit and all the monsters inbetween, it seemed necessary to have a powerful redeemer on the map that was other than the fairly crappy one that came from the original.

I had been going with my favorite, and am still sticking with it, the DeemerFireworks one:

I recently took one I picked up on another map I got a ways back.

Yeah, they're both not well skinned. I may not keep that second one, though.

It's called the UKBadBoy and it's either a rip-off on Ferali's Ultima-Protos or someone had a nearly identical idea. Granted, this version is a little more user friendly.

The Ultima-Protos takes about 5 seconds to charge, after you pull the trigger, before it fires. Might be a little less but that's close. The UKBadBoy doesn't have any charge time, it fires a projectile that explodes with the same effect as the Ultima-Protos.

It might be a little too powerful for my needs, though. At the moment it's resting at close to the end of the map, one room away from the teleport before the exit.

I'm attaching the UKBadBoy if anyone wants to take a look at it · http://www.mediafire.com/?nhys6dbke2h1jcu
TARZANFROMJUNGLE
Novice

Post by TARZANFROMJUNGLE »

Wow Creavion, that is some pure art once again! Hope you'll be able to finish it someday!
I don't have an attitude problem, you have a perception problem.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

TARZANFROMJUNGLE wrote:Wow Creavion, that is some pure art once again! Hope you'll be able to finish it someday!
Is somebody in need of a new home? Note for later: Build a tree house for Tarzan! :ironic:

Anyway, thanks to all! I give my best!
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Creavion wrote:
Screenshots01.jpg
Hint: At a later point of the development the "in detail" dev thread will be made public, which so far is only (supposed to be) visible for a few selected users
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

This one's next on the list - another "old" one, last edited nov 2011 - this is a big sucker :) works pretty good right now... i do have a lot of decorating to do - i want to keep bsp 3000 (or less) brushes so i'll be creating a big bunch of meshes for various details ... i hope to wrap this one up within the next two weeks:
bigandugly-Image1.jpg
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Ah, another old one. But this time that one looks more FraGnBraG's like :tu:
Isotoxin
Adept
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by Isotoxin »

nice stuff. some update of my map coming soon also, although i wish i had more time to map.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

It's badly textured but has much the same setup as MH-FirstTry[SPG].

This was MH-KillThemAll[SPG] but my edit's going with [EG]. Not planning on uploading this anywhere, keeping it for myself, but thought I'd share the basics so far. Like the other map, it's got a lot of rooms, each with different monsters, separated by big crates wedged in the doorways. The last room has a teleport that goes to the boss room, which then leads to the exit.

Only one level this time.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

So its basicly... cubes... inside a cube, that is a cube?
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission