Need advice pls.

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
Jetlag
Average
Personal rank: Core Raider

Need advice pls.

Post by Jetlag »

Ok, I hope this doesn't confuse anyone, but I am having a little problem with unreal Ed. I am trying to import custom made wavs into mylevel, but I keep kitting a dead end.
Steps Taken:
Recorded the sound, used wavepad editor to convert the sample rate to 22050, and also converted the channels to mono.. So I have a wav file (22050 8 bits mono pcm uncompressed) now. I loaded up the map I am currently making. I click on the sound browser icon, then click import. I find the wav, click open, and change package to mylevel group: all name : train01 and click ok.. Problem is, nothing happens.. I don't see mylevel in the drop down list.. I even tried moving the wav file to different directories. 1st I tried My Documents, and then tried the ut/sounds folder.. Still nothing happens after i try to import into mylevel.. Is there a step I missed? Or is there a different a way to import wavs??

Thanks again..
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Need advice pls.

Post by JackGriffin »

Does there happen to be a space ANYWHERE in the address bar for the location of the sound? Spaces throw off the import. I use C:\TempSounds specifically to get around errors like you mention.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Jetlag
Average
Personal rank: Core Raider

Post by Jetlag »

Wow.. Srsly?? lol Crazy editor.. I've made a couple of voicepacks in the past and never had this problem.. I made C:\TempSounds and it worked ! Thank you so much Jack.. Finally the headache is over! lol I even tried installing the 436 patch again to see if that would work.. lol Thanks again Jack.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

No problems bro. I'm glad it's sorted for you. This bug has gotten me a few times over the years until I remember it again. I'm looking forward to hearing your work.
So long, and thanks for all the fish