hello *waves*

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
rizbef
Experienced
Personal rank: castle maps hoarder

hello *waves*

Post by rizbef »

I joined this community after discovering levels4you was no more :(
I hadn't visited the site in a year or two, and was sad to see it's basically gone.

So a little about me...

Rizbef is my nickname, though really only one person calls me that. As for my clan, I don't have one... I'm guessing that is an online thing and I've never played online. I've been playing for about 5 years now, though I doubt I would be any good in actual online play eheh. I just play in practice mode with the bots, mostly CTF and LMS, sometimes DM or DOM. LavaGiant-CTF and Faulkenstein-DM are two of my favorite levels. My favorite weapon is definitely the flak cannon, but I also tend to use the asmd shock rifle, minigun, and sniper rifle. Least favorite weapon... probably the ripper; my aim with that weapon is always off.

I grew up watching my dad play a lot of computer games, most notably Doom, Lara Croft Tombraider, and of course Unreal Tournament. UT was always my favorite, partially because it was the game he played the most, and partially I liked how you could create your own bots. My dad would let my brother and I design a few, and we'd always get excited when out bots would come close to winning (they never actually won, my dad was a beast at the game). Eventually, my dad played UT less and less, but my brother would play a bit so I would watch him. Finally my brother stopped playing, and with no one to watch, I just started playing the game myself as soon as I got my own computer after graduating. It's really the only FPS game, and the only computer game I play (unless you count solitaire...). I'm not a huge gamer, but I have a lot of good memories attached to the game and I still enjoy playing, even if most of my friends have never heard of it. I gave my dad his own bot with the best skills and accuracy as a nod to him.

Ah I guess I got a bit nostalgic there... But I'm glad to see there are still others still playing the original game :)
Last edited by rizbef on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hitman
Adept

Re: hello *waves*

Post by Hitman »

Hello
some good memories you had there and well written, what gametype are you most in to ?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Welcome to the forum ...enjoy your stay. ;)
rizbef
Experienced

Post by rizbef »

papercoffee wrote:Welcome to the forum ...enjoy your stay. ;)
Thank you :)
Hitman wrote:Hello
some good memories you had there and well written, what gametype are you most in to ?
I guess my favorite would be Last Man Standing. There are some really good maps, and I have a thing for maps designed like old castles (there are so many!). However, I also enjoying playing Capture the Flag and Domination. I don't play Deathmatch too much (as LMS uses the same maps) but I have nothing against it. Assault is my least favorite game... I think I picked it up from my dad, who didn't care for it too much. I suppose I should give it a second chance.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Hiya!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

rizbef wrote:Least favorite weapon... probably the ripper; my aim with that weapon is always off.
Its a great weapon! :shock: only depents on what area's... open stuff sucks, but corridors i love then. And also great in MH games :)

Btw, welcome!
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
rizbef
Experienced

Post by rizbef »

GenMoKai wrote:
rizbef wrote:Least favorite weapon... probably the ripper; my aim with that weapon is always off.
Its a great weapon! :shock: only depents on what area's... open stuff sucks, but corridors i love then. And also great in MH games :)

Btw, welcome!
Oh the weapon itself is awesome. It's just my least favorite because I'm not as good with it :P

Or maybe the impact hammer. I forgot about that one...
Gunner
Novice

Post by Gunner »

Hello,

Welcome to these forums and welcome back to the Tournament!
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

Gunner wrote:Hello,

I will DITTO that! - a good number Coming BACK too! :tu:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
rizbef
Experienced

Post by rizbef »

Hook wrote:
Gunner wrote:Hello,

I will DITTO that! - a good number Coming BACK too! :tu:
Thank you both!

It looks my laptop graphics card needs an update, pretty much the whole system... (not made for gaming), but once I get a new computer, I plan on updating my UT with all the cool new stuff and will play online :mrgreen:
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

Man, you would think that ANY laptop would work good - being that UT99 works on just about any Old computer! :shock: - even before laptops came out.
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
rizbef
Experienced

Post by rizbef »

Hook wrote:Man, you would think that ANY laptop would work good - being that UT99 works on just about any Old computer! :shock: - even before laptops came out.
Well it runs, but any large map or map with a lot of fancy textures causes my game to crash. The laptop is 5 years old and a pretty small one at that... One of the corners is cracked and currently there is no battery :lol: (I had to remove it because it was bulging) While I am getting a new battery for Christmas, I think it's time to invest in getting an entire new system, perhaps sometime this upcoming year.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Hook wrote:Man, you would think that ANY laptop would work good - being that UT99 works on just about any Old computer! :shock: - even before laptops came out.
The thing is that many cheap laptops are built thinking for just doing things like: browsing the web, work on office, see movies, that sort of stuff. Anything that is about running even the oldest games fails miserably, because they aren't built thinking even in Quake, much less UT.
Although, the ones with intel sandy bridge and beyond should have no problems even with most games, they generally are pretty awesome in fact (to an acceptable extent, a dedicated card always owns by far ofc).
{dFb}VanQuisher
Experienced

Post by {dFb}VanQuisher »

Welcome brother!