any chance for a cmp3 from ut99.org?

Discussions about UT99
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: any chance for a cmp3 from ut99.org?

Post by Creavion »

darksonny wrote:feraly I have in my hdd your great mod and all what can I say for your hard work you did here is wow impressive work!, but dont do things only if x site or people doesnt mind a bit or likes a lot x work, take your time modding only for enjoyment and wether some peoples likes your work ...ok! not? do the enjoyment for yourself...You know BU did not put on news your great mod but there's another people that does likes the nw3 and cmp like me.

Let the time to be your friend and time will see what will happen, this is what I did in my reallife with my work. Only I go to action when I got full energy suddenly to do x thing.
Once you are on the way, let your time to be your friend not your enemy for doing your work, DO for you first with all love, do not put any expectative from x mappers, people, etc...This way easily you will get a deception for sure.

See to swanky, he got times off and on with the people and look at know time spent a lot since last pack and he got again energy to make another full pack and thats nice only if the mappers inside team do things for enjoyment.

Let the time take last Word and dont desesperate mate! your work is impressive and althought not all people post here or in epic games fórum or here .. there out is many people still playing UT and I play all series including ut99

Well ut is like rock and roll never dies Lolol!
Just saying: I was the leader of the CMP2, not Ferali. The modding scene for UT is not monopolized. :confused2:
Keep your eyes and ears open and you`ll realize a lot of modders are a little bit sawn-off. All these people who keeps single-tracked might have some problems, if the train has left.
@editor dave: Yep, bad idea: FOT and CMP2 are two different things. CMP2 was a little bit more than a mappack. Sure we did not only have super high quality maps (even talking about my own stuff), but xpickups made the difference.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

@Crev and Ferali: True. However, I didn't even say it should be considered. I was just hypothetically speaking. Of course, there are differences, but in the end they are both packs of high quality maps being published and advertised on ut99.org. :wink:
Also, if a ut99.org cmp 3 initiated by anyone at any time in the future, would it feature a new pickup system/anything comparable as well?
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

The original CMP3 idea (from Creavion) was somewhat the following:
- Creavion would do maps and textures (perhaps a few models and terrain too)
- GenMoKai would do new pickup models (like a new armor, thigh pads, etc), and perhaps new maps too
- Papercoffee would do maps, textures and skins for the pickups GenMoKai created/would create
- I would remake the entire UT weapon system (code, models, skins, effects, the whole thing) and a new pickups system (I would make the code and effects, the models and skins would be provided by GenMoKai and Papercoffee)
- The remaining members would do mostly maps and any other possible extra resource for CMP3.

So in short, yes, CMP3 would have maps and actual content concerning pickups and weapons.
However, if Creavion or someone else started CMP3 now, I wouldn't join, hence it would only be up for someone else like Shadow or another active coder around to help with CMP3 and create a new pickups system, otherwise it wouldn't have said system.
Perhaps if CMP3 was done using Shadow's SDK there would be better odds that a new pickups system could be there by the end.
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

I would love to help you guys with the pack, although I don't know how the SDK would help for a new pickup system and if really a new one is necessary? I would offer to code any tech or class (be it UScript or C++) you guys would need for your maps. I'm sure there could come up a few unseen bugs when using it in a big mappack so it's better when I'm there to help and simply assist in adapting the SDK for the mappack if there's need.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

@Features: I need static meshes with a working colllision system, anything else is secondary for me... :ironic2:
@Shadow: production appeal
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Coming release will have full volume support and it includes a BlockingVolume which can be used as a static meshes' collision hull.