Hey hey hey!

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
lilly_ut
Novice

Hey hey hey!

Post by lilly_ut »

Hello everyone.
A bit after kicking the hornets nest with my thread Im here to introduce myself:) Better late than never ;)
My name is Lilly, turned 24 this month. From Bulgaria ( yup I know the reputation suxxx). Ive been playing all sorts of games as a hobby.
Resident Evil series, Silent Hill series, Tomb Raiders, Red Alert, King of Fighters series, Counter Strike and for the past few months got seriously addicted to UT99.
For years I thought that UT was dead. Just a few months back I discoverd that it was still alive and kicking (laugh it up :) ). I tried some casual game types but I found out that even Godlike bots are inferior compared to what happend to me when I join a server. I got splattered all over the maps barely even hitting a player :omfg: . Then I noticed some different servers. I suck at BT also :) so I went to MH. And for the past months Ive been playing only on a certain server ran by an awesome root admin who aided me countless times. I play at his place because it fits me best :)
While playing Counter Strike I wasnt satisfied with the graphics, models etc. Back then I had plenty of time and decided to make it look better. Started with simple replacements of different elements of the game and then went deeper. Began to retexture stuff. And I liked it. I even managed to make my own 3d models (but 3d modelling turned out to be huge buttpain and is in the past now and Im not considering starting over again). I gave up CS the minute I started playing UT on servers even tho I made my CS so tuned up that it didnt look anything close to the standard look of it.
I like a wide variety of music. Metal, Jazz, Dubstep even softer stuff. Hence I prefer hardcore ;) Sometimes I write short stories just for the fun. I love bike riding at summer nights, swimming, talking (no surprise here huh :D ). Im a smoker (dont waste words here. Cars kill people too. Go stop a car eh :omfg: ).
I consider myself as openminded, positive, firndly and... naive ;) I was also in the torrent system. Made lots of torrents ( :wth: u dont know what a torrent is? :ironic: ) but gave it up so I could have more free time. I still download torrents and I will continue to. Why? Because I believe humans are dumb tribe giving meanings to ordinary things like money. Money are just some colord papers nothing more. I will NOT pay for a copy of some Hollywood crap movies or songs. As an artist ( OMG did I say that loud?) I dont consider payment as a reward. True reward is to see that someone has your creation and spreads it to more people.

Thats pretty much all I could think of :) Keep it up guys! Greets with this one >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKF-LSe325g

P. S. Im a sucker for animes. :)
When entering a room filled with darkness, evil and hypocrisy if you light a match, darkness flees instantly. But you cant do the opposite... Try lightning a match of darkness.
rizbef
Experienced
Personal rank: castle maps hoarder

Re: Hey hey hey!

Post by rizbef »

Welcome! :)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Welcome aboard sailor.

What do you torrent I hope nothing copyrighted?
lilly_ut
Novice

Post by lilly_ut »

Id just smile on this one instead of telling it all and leave u do the math ;). Copyrighted :loool: Long live TPB :roll:
When entering a room filled with darkness, evil and hypocrisy if you light a match, darkness flees instantly. But you cant do the opposite... Try lightning a match of darkness.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

lilly_ut wrote:
Id just smile on this one instead of telling it all and leave u do the math ;). Copyrighted :loool: Long live TPB :roll:
What you do or what I think is right is totally irrelevant ... but please do not post any links of copyrighted material. :wink:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Hello Lilly.
Welcome to the forum.

I hope you have a productive time here :mrgreen:

As already pointed out, please do not post any copyright infringing material here, as this is one subject/area that is close to our hearts, and causes many arguments !

If you are that keen on sharing files, I would suggest that only using Torrents is very limiting, and you are missing out on a lot of stuff.
Have a look at Shareaza 2.6 and add more networks to search and share on.
http://shareaza.sourceforge.net
You can then access old files no longer seeding.
WARNING: shareaza.com is a fake site.

Skim through my UT99 page on the site in my sig, for any modern updates, patches and addons you may be missing :tu:
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

Looks like we have a lot in common. Gaming, music (although I'm slightly more rock-orientated), writing. I should use my bike more often, though, got slacking few years back. :)
Jetlag
Average
Personal rank: Core Raider

Post by Jetlag »

We already know each other from the server u talked about^^ .. anyway, welcome to the community Lilly..
lilly_ut
Novice

Post by lilly_ut »

Calm down guys. Im not going to post any so called copyright material. Havent I stated it clear? :confused2: Well just for the lawprotectors ;)
I was also in the torrent system.
. By saying this I meant I was an uploader. Yet I still download.
Oh no! Hollywood just lost money... Damn! :mrgreen: :ironic2:
Funny thing is that torrent makers are considered hackers :loool: . Go figure. :loool:

@Jetlag
Yup we do know each other. But I wont say the name of the server. Its copyrighted material :lol2: :ironic:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

lilly_ut wrote:But I wont say the name of the server. Its copyrighted material :lol2: :ironic:
:tu:
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

Welcome aboard and enjoy UT.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Scuba dooba dooba...
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
lilly_ut
Novice

Post by lilly_ut »

Thanks guys. Best regards to all :tu:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I like your entrance style lily, welcome to the forums. :rock:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
{dFb}VanQuisher
Experienced

Post by {dFb}VanQuisher »

Welcome .I think you will find the UT99 communities are still very strong and doing well with many games styles , mods , guns,etc.
Glad to see another UT player coming back to the UT community as a whole .
Now get in the game so we can Kick your butt around before you get your sea legs back :tu:
Just post the game style you like to play and I am sure every one here will have a few site to refer you to .

Once again WELCOME BACK !