TUTORIAL: Unreal Tournament Audio & Visuals Tweaking Guide

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby Myth » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:14 pm

This is really nice, clean and has information about each setting. Perfect IMHO. :agree1:
Thanks Raynor !
Myth
Inhuman
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:57 pm
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby Hook » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:42 pm

One thing that was forgotten on the clean install of UT99 ...
UN-Check the Install DirectX check box!
If you do NOT un-check that box you'll get a very OLD version of DirectX!!! :agree1: :shock:
A lot of people forget about this - then they wonder why there graphics are so bad and laggy LOL :lol:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
Forums: http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
User avatar
Hook
Masterful
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:21 pm
Location: Minnesota USA
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby Myth » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:38 pm

Ummh.. that shouldn't affect the graphics.
When you're installing directx, the installer always checks if you have a never version of directx or not. So it updates old files and installs new ones, but never replaces a new on whit an older one.
Last edited by Myth on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Myth
Inhuman
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:57 pm
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby Fodder McFly*VSC » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:34 pm

This tutorial was very helpful and easy to understand.


The game, it look so pretty.... *tear*



:tu:
User avatar
Fodder McFly*VSC
Novice
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:16 pm
Personal rank: Goggle Boy

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby Raynor » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:01 pm

Myth wrote:Ummh.. that should affect the graphics.
When you're installing directx, the installer always checks if you have a never version of directx or not. So it updates old files and installs new ones, but never replaces a new on whit an older one.

That's correct so no worry when DirectX is selected during installation.
I suggest you all to download latest DirectX 9 redistributable package from MS web and install it if you haven't done it so.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
User avatar
Raynor
Adept
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:09 pm

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby dinomite » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:21 pm

fantastic guide, thank you
dinomite
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:14 pm

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby drizzlah » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:43 pm

thx for the guide :tu:
drizzlah
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:39 pm

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby Hook » Sun May 04, 2008 11:28 pm

Raynor wrote:
Myth wrote:Ummh.. that should affect the graphics.
When you're installing directx, the installer always checks if you have a never version of directx or not. So it updates old files and installs new ones, but never replaces a new on whit an older one.

That's correct so no worry when DirectX is selected during installation.
I suggest you all to download latest DirectX 9 redistributable package from MS web and install it if you haven't done it so.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

ummm - just UN-Check it - Trust me! 8)
Over the years since UT was introduced, I have seen a number of people have problems with the old DirectX installing some bad files over new ones.
I know what it is "supposed" to do or not do but you can't always rely on it to do what it is supposed to do, especially with the newer OS's and machines.
Besides - either way - it is just a better thing to UN-check installing it as it also won't even have to bother trying to check if it is older or newer on your machine if done so.
Just a waste of time so just elliminate the chance of problems happening is what I am saying!
Cheers! :D :tu:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
Forums: http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
User avatar
Hook
Masterful
 
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:21 pm
Location: Minnesota USA
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby flamingqsquirrel » Thu May 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Can someone post a screenshot of UT99 with the "maximum" graphics? I wanna compare it to the normal.

Also:
Anyone got a fix for this: UT99 runs in slow motion in vista. It's not the frame rate, it's like someone used the console to slow things down, but using the console to speed things up doesn't help. To fix it, you have to run the game in Windows 98 compatibility, but that means the max resolution is only 1280x1024, my native resolution is 1680x1050, and my PC can run it FINE at that resolution, except then I have to turn off win 98 compatibility, and I get the solmo crap :(
flamingqsquirrel
Novice
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 8:49 pm

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby Qwerty » Sat May 17, 2008 5:51 am

flamingqsquirrel wrote:Can someone post a screenshot of UT99 with the "maximum" graphics? I wanna compare it to the normal.

Also:
Anyone got a fix for this: UT99 runs in slow motion in vista. It's not the frame rate, it's like someone used the console to slow things down, but using the console to speed things up doesn't help. To fix it, you have to run the game in Windows 98 compatibility, but that means the max resolution is only 1280x1024, my native resolution is 1680x1050, and my PC can run it FINE at that resolution, except then I have to turn off win 98 compatibility, and I get the solmo crap :(


you need the dual core ut fix im sure its on the forums try search :)
http://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Qwerty
Masterful
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:14 pm
Location: New York
Personal rank: I.T Master

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby Dare » Tue May 20, 2008 4:26 pm

Hmm, I just got a new computer and its good but I don't know if I should go through with this, do you recommend I do and is it realy worth it? :help:
Image
Image
User avatar
Dare
Inhuman
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: England FTW
Personal rank: UT99 God

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby flamingqsquirrel » Tue May 20, 2008 6:08 pm

Got the dual core fix, works perfectly now :D thanks!
flamingqsquirrel
Novice
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 8:49 pm

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby Raynor » Tue May 20, 2008 9:01 pm

Dare wrote:Hmm, I just got a new computer and its good but I don't know if I should go through with this, do you recommend I do and is it realy worth it? :help:

Why don't you give it a try? It's not that long process than the text itself is :)
User avatar
Raynor
Adept
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:09 pm

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby Dare » Tue May 20, 2008 9:30 pm

How long will it take?
Image
Image
User avatar
Dare
Inhuman
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: England FTW
Personal rank: UT99 God

Re: TUTORIAL: Tweak your UT graphics to the maximum

Postby Raynor » Wed May 21, 2008 1:38 pm

Dare wrote:How long will it take?

Well that depends on you :loool: Personally I can set up UT on new PC from install to playable state (with my tweaks applied) within half an hour.
User avatar
Raynor
Adept
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Tips, Tricks & Tutorials

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest