[u1] Battle Crypt [ENG] [226]

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

[u1] Battle Crypt [ENG] [226]

Post by Delacroix »

Title: Battle Crypt
Platform: Unreal (226)
Developer: SKULL
Translators: Sanky*, Leo(T.C.K.), Victor Delacroix
Description:

An unfinished map pack from 2004. Originally released in Czech language, the pack now debuts in English for everyone to enjoy.

Screenshots:

Download:

BattleCrypt-EN.zip - Delacroix's Dropbox - 1.75 MB

*not to be confused with Swanky. They are not related.
Hitman
Adept

Re: [u1] Battle Crypt [ENG] [226]

Post by Hitman »

Some sort of single-player-map, I could remake it to a MH-map to play online instead if someone wants ?
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Hitman wrote: I could remake it to a MH-map to play online instead if someone wants ?
NOT IF SOMEBODY wants, but rather if the author wants/allows you to release a modified version.
Map`s Readme wrote:You may not modify and release these maps in any means without MY permision.
Edit: Do you see what I mean?
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

O no this again, if someone wants this made I TRY to get a hold of this guy who made this 9 years ago, IF he is alive i bet he will like if we all enjoy his map online. in all this nagging of this I think its worse to like use a script for example and then remove the authors name and rename it and release as you did it to get credit..
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

O yes this again. UT has tons of maps, it is basically sated.
I really don`t believe it is worth the trouble to chase one of them now. Why do you think people write readmes, only seeing them ignored in the first place?
If the author wishes not seeing his map modified without permission, just accept his wish. So if you not able to contact him or to get permission, just forget about it.

Delacroix for instance did not modify the map. He only added the external translation files, which is completly legitimate.
So, if you get that guys permission then everything is alright. Sry, for me it is a matter of principle and also maps are something VERY personal.
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Creavion wrote:O yes this again. UT has tons of maps, it is basically sated.
Yes, that ancient battle of crediting. Told of in song and story.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN!

Not so easy to do though, with older maps. For example, I've edited versions of maps of one particular series even though the author has dropped completely off the map. I figured out who he was, even found his profile on an official UT site...

...that'd be this · http://tinyurl.com/canpds8

...but I can't for the life of me find any means of contacting him. It's like he dropped completely off the map... so to speak.

I've credited him on each map based on his original I've edited, even if the previous author didn't credit him as they should have.

I'm not saying people shouldn't keep trying to get permission from the original author, I'm still trying to find this guy after a whole year of looking, I'm just pointing out it's really not easy.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Hitman, without the ''contact the author so that he doesn't mind'' issue, there's still a thing that from SP to MH you need more than just a rename, it needs different weapon and monster placement, different triggers (sometimes) and hell even a different layout at times. Not to mention bot support and (most importantly) extra playerstarts. Ok maybe you already know that but still... It ain't that easy. Can't the MH community make their own maps rather than converting SP/AS maps? Ok you maybe can use a small section of one (derdak2rot and Cardiologist did that) but plz not the whole map! :nonono:
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

@EG: Juan_Pancho_'_XceptOne_'_Eekels was/is an official level designer of Epic or DE (I don`t know for sure without looking). No need to credit them. They worked and created their content in return of money, it is/was their job.
Because of the complexity (in current games and game engines) these days it is not possible anymore to figure out who is responsible for which content. The classic level designer who is doing everything from the beginning until the end does not exist any longer. Rather we have pure level designers who create the layout for instance, then maybe people who add details (e.g. static meshes) into the map and other people who have to create the static meshes ... and so on. Just as a side note.
@Map: TBH, the map is really ugly and simple designed (which is not surprising at all, most likely a beginner map). I really wonder, what is that special about it to consider to re-release at all?
I think it is better to ask a willingly mapper about something new or likewise.
About to be non-active
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

Forget that I even proposed it, and I throwed in the trash now so no one ever can enjoy it, btw it was easy to convert, 15 min job tops when i open it in UT-ED, but I don't want to stair up shit over this old un-played map...
Peace out..
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

Actually if the author has since left the community totally, and there is no way to ask him, conversion should be considered fair game. No offence, Creavion, but your personal grudges get in the way of your judgment so keep them to yourself, OK?

Everyone: get that goddamn credit/permission war out of my threads. That kind of animosity is something I want nowhere near me.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Delacroix wrote:Everyone: get that goddamn credit/permission war out of my threads. That kind of animosity is something I want nowhere near me.
OK! :agree1:
That war needs to end. Can all sides set to an agreement or something :x
btt: Anymore SP translations planned/worked at? You guys did a damn great job with these 2 packs :tu: and if it just happens that you find a Lithuanian SP, you know where I am :tongue:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

:wth: OK while everyone is getting stressy with each-other, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU has missed something very important, and central to the whole point of this site....

The maps are for Unreal, and this is an Unreal Tournament site.
If it works with the "Oldskool" mod then it has a place here, but we will need a new section for it.

There are many cross-over maps and addons that work for both, so maybe we do need a section where we can post things regarding Unreal and UT compatibility.
Considering the new server mod, this may actually be good timing.
Admin please discus between yourselves.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

^ Something similar was already suggested relative the UDK, and the answer is pretty much the same:
- ut99.org.

Therefore it's only related to Unreal Tournament 1. Anything that works with both Unreal and UT may fall under the UT categories (maps, mods, etc), however anything that is Unreal exclusive, can also be posted here of course, but it falls under the Offtopic category.
If this site was more generic in Unreal/UT matters, then probably such section would be justifiable.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

That's why I tested it... To say that it DOES work with UT Oldskool.
I think as long as it's below 227 it can work for UT. Just a thought 8)