DM-Aborted UT99 by Mr.POT

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Mr.Pot
Novice
Personal rank: Meeeeeeeediiiic !

DM-Aborted UT99 by Mr.POT

Post by Mr.Pot »

Hey,

here is a project I had. I first started with no idea of what I was starting.. suddendly the UT engine blocked when I finally fount out that my work was not so bad.

Then I decided to make it again.

I tried some new stuff in it like the jump-pad I had to copy from another map because my old computer was making it too difficult with triggers etc...
Also tried to do a funny secret room with some lights, in order to work a bit with the triggers :p.
There is a special slide, not easy to take but it works, you just have to find when to jump so you dont fail, otherwise, make sure nobody is chasing you haha.
I included noises for fun in accordance with the decoration wich make this map complete.
The gameplay is ok, you will find three different main areas where its totally different. Small places with a few pillars, bigger area with corridors and elevators all around and an outside place where you'll feel free to use sniper and explosives.

One of the hardest part to do was the small triangle window over the healthpack, but i dont remember exactly. I should have try to make it a DOM map as well because its big enough and each room got his own personality.

The map is called DM-Aborted, as an abandoned military base somewhere in space lol.

The forbidden room is, of course, forbidden, then make sure you got time enough to pick up what you want and get out. =D
The main wall outside is just a "blink" to Hellkeeper and his DM-Honored i enjoyed a lot and it inspired me a lot.

Enjoy and share =).
Attachments
Med Lab
Med Lab
outside view lower
outside view lower
inside view
inside view
outside view
outside view
DM-Aborted.unr
The Map
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 116 times
Mr.Pot
Novice

Re: DM-Aborted UT99 by Mr.POT

Post by Mr.Pot »

More screenshots,

BTW today I had to install UT again, lost the "bought" version, got a empty version instead from the internet ... I miss Chaos UT, Rocket Arena etc.. lost all the package especially Abbey text and music that I used to create Auberg.

So the quality is not so good because I remember I had to change some stuff in script so I could see Fog etc... now it looks worse a little bit
Attachments
Shot0005.jpg
Shot0004.jpg
Shot0003.jpg
Shot0002.jpg
Shot0001.jpg
Mr.Pot
Novice

Post by Mr.Pot »

And it looks darker

If anyone can help for what i said above .. thx
Attachments
Shot0009.jpg
Shot0008.jpg
Shot0007.jpg
Shot0006.jpg
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

The architecture looks not bad ...put you should reconsider the texture usage on some places. The walls look sometimes dull because you did plaster them very often with only one texture ...but on the good site, your map has a slight stock-map feeling.