CTF-FacePalm (Release)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: CTF-FacePalm (Release)

Post by Creavion »

Funny enough I misunderstood your review first a little bit (seriously, I took these mentioned twists as a bad thing first^^), I forgot to edit that later for some unknown reason.

Domination: Hmm, ask FragnBrag if he wants to do so, he is the only one who is allowed to release a modified version of the map. If he does not want to do, then it won`t happen.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Map = God tier.

About the mid, maybe it's that camper botz with 90% accuracy... but I got spawn killed EVERY.F***ING.TIME I appeared there.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

:mrgreen: You all see, why I have been so exited now.
I have been playing it with Higor's Botz (I never use anything else), and yeah that extra island is such a strategy changer.
You really have to dominate 2 areas now.
We gotta re-learn our habits with this baby.

:idea: Usage of the Chaos mod is much encouraged, as the redeemer will swap between the Chaos super-weapons.
The bouncing Chaos rifle ammo, is also extremely useful for getting 1 last shot at someone running in the entrance.
Run out of ammo, chasing the flag-carrier over the bridge ?
No problem, just give them a swift Chaos-kick in the backside and send them hurtling to their doom.

I bang-on about the swarm-zombies frequently, so I'll explain why I like them in jungles etc.
Anti-camper zombies. Simple.
They are a permanent distraction to everyone, as they wander happily though the teleports.
I always set them so they do not count as a kill. That way people think twice about wasting ammo on them.
Again, this is where Chaos comes in, as you can kick the zombies out of the way.

:idea: If the lack of being able to see through the leaves is bugging you, then you have no excuse but to play it with NW3 immediately !
Creavion's maps and Ferali's mod are a marriage made in digital-heaven.
The standard NW3 gun with it's plasma grenades, is very effective to defend the tower, and the gravity-gun is pure evil.
Lets not forget the Redeemer which will now cycle between several choices of killing everything.

:tu: On a side-note, I am not surprised people are mistaking the sky-box for terrain.
It is beyond expectation, and will likely be overlooked for what you have done, by the average players.
Anyone interested with mapping will do well to learn from this map.
It is all about optical-illusion, and fooling the eye with the correct perspective.

Google drive mirror - https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B-AaAvh ... t=download (53.4 MB)
Compressed server redirect files - https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B-AaAvh ... t=download (51.3 MB)

Anyone wishing to use services such as the multi-upload sites, can avoid visiting the page, and just copy the link into MiPony downloader.
It pings the sites and checks the file exists. It even does the waiting for you, on sites that make you wait.
MiPony has Captcha plugins so you can automate those more annoying sites.
https://www.mipony.net
It's only problem is the random 3rd party extras it offers you during install.
Temporarily disconnecting from the net during install, will always avoid installing 3rd party adware, and even Microsoft WGA requests!
Last edited by Dr.Flay on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed download links
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Once again, thanks for the comments.
On a side-note, I am not surprised people are mistaking the sky-box for terrain.
It is beyond expectation, and will likely be overlooked for what you have done, by the average players.
Anyone interested with mapping will do well to learn from this map.
It is all about optical-illusion, and fooling the eye with the correct perspective.
Everything else had been impossible to realize. Also for UEngine 2 it would have lacked like hell with all these trees then.
And even for UEngine 3 you would have used rather some treelines within the distance, just like in case of Face for UT3.
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

:loool:
I only just read the readme.
Thanks Crev :tu:
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Dr.Flay wrote::loool:
I only just read the readme.
Thanks Crev :tu:
You did? Then you were most likely the onle one, who did so. And how many grammatical mistakes have you already detected? I think over 9000?! :mrgreen:
About to be non-active
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

One hell of a goodbye gift.

I'll say it short: this map kicks ass and is a must have. Anyone who says otherwise should seek treatment.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Delacroix wrote:One hell of a goodbye gift.

I'll say it short: this map kicks ass and is a must have. Anyone who says otherwise should seek treatment.
He, I'm really pleased. :mrgreen:

BTW: Thanks to the person who uploaded my maps on mapraider, but I somehow think it was you, am I right?
About to be non-active
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I ment to ask...
Why are there 2 creavions at mapraider?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

GEx wrote: Why are there 2 creavions at mapraider?
One of them is his evil twin... :tongue:
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Feralidragon wrote:
:shock: no...... :help:

Back to topic:

Just played the map, the graphical stuff... i really love it! :mrgreen: even that small island i thought it would be bad (the only think i didnt like there where the spawnpoints, 1 team is to close to that redeemer) But in the gameplay, its cool, you have to keep your eyes focused more then just 1 tower. Sadly... its your last map, but still... it looks great as aweals
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Feralidragon wrote:
I think it is because I registered there once as "ut_creavion", but I don`t remember anymore for sure. Since the 'normal' creavion was not assigned, you can bet why it was used.
Just played the map, the graphical stuff... i really love it! :mrgreen: even that small island i thought it would be bad (the only think i didnt like there where the spawnpoints, 1 team is to close to that redeemer) But in the gameplay, its cool, you have to keep your eyes focused more then just 1 tower. Sadly... its your last map, but still... it looks great as aweals
The big brother o`face likes it, my life had it`s purpose. :mrgreen:
FragnBrag did place the playerstarts *caught*, just saying. NOT my fault. :lol2:
About to be non-active
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

GenMoKai wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:
:shock: no...... :help:
Yes they are twins ....one is the grumpy Crev and the other is the evil Crev ...
But don't sweat, I can assure the evil one is not on our forum. :mrgreen:
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

Creavion wrote:
Delacroix wrote:One hell of a goodbye gift.

He, I'm really pleased. :mrgreen:

BTW: Thanks to the person who uploaded my maps on mapraider, but I somehow think it was you, am I right?
Wrong, I don't have a MapRaider account. But I did upload the map to my Dropbox. Feel free to use that link.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Creavion wrote:... FragnBrag did place the playerstarts *caught*, just saying. NOT my fault. :lol2:
yeah, but fnb did not place the guns and pickups, lol! that was you ;) that area is a bit non-symetrical, the player starts were placed there relative to the towers/sniper positions, not the redeemer... well, it's the luck of the spawn really - if you spawn at the same time as an enemy player and then loose the race for the redeemer you will have two other guns already - the guy who beat you to the deemer will have little chance to shoot it !

gj, as always, crev :) good to see such a good response to you rwork :tu:
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***