Unreal PSX rework:Rise of Jrath thread

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: Unreal PSX rework:Rise of Jrath thread

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Hotfix for the masking problem with Krall under oldskool. oldskool forced sty_none even when not necesary, while I had this fixed in earlier version of upsmon2 to prevent oldskool overriding, this was forgotten when alcapowned updated his earlykrall stuff thus I didn't check for that part again. However it is more of a fault of oldskool because it really forces the change upon one and with custom skins can happen that the mesh will appear full of holes which is not nice. This was only relevant for the old d3d anyway but it was not a good way oldskool solved it.

UPSXpackf.rar

Also updating the main archives with it.

EDIT: Meant to say sty_masked, ugh what a "hangover".
Either way it is recommended for player to play as male3 with the "Jack" skin since it's meant to be the character.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: and of course the fact that important person left the project didn't make it easy.
I'm glad you kept up with this Leo. If this comment was directed at me I want to apologize. I'm not sure if you really know what I went through but let's just say it was...hard. I stopped answering everyone so I could deal directly with what was in front of me.

I think what you are doing is great and I hope you continue it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Delacroix
Adept
Personal rank: UMS R&D CEO

Post by Delacroix »

Actually it isn't. Your not doing the two meshes we gave you is a bit less crucial than another individual's actions, which I don't want to badmouth about anymore. Shit happens and it happened, let's move on ;)
Kein

Post by Kein »

I have a feeling it is very dead.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I have a feeling you like to necro-bump an over a year old thread.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

The project is not dead, just temporaily on hold until I can have a working machine again. Many content around it has been created since that was required and concrete plans were made for the rest of episode 1, which was the least recovered/most unfinished part. After episode 1 part 2 is done the rest should go much smoother and at faster pace. There will be many surprises and lots of new content in store.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Nice read from you, good luck getting your machine working again :tu:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Very good news Leo. :tu:
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I'm back with a progress update and the first preview of the Implant Gun:

Many of Episode 1 part 2 maps are underway for a year now since I was able to pick the work up from ashes again. This is the toughest part of the entire developement. You saw me release many pawns and guns that are also used in this project but standalone for people to play.

But this is the main stuff and the implant gun is quite a game changer, like the Portal Gun in Portal...

I was told it was impossible to make without engine modifications, but we got it all working and it is actually possesing other pawns!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I am bumping the thread with new screenshots of this reworked section of "Escape from Jenkraak". Reworked by CodeX in a new style. You can guess what map this was based on given its popularity.

I modified some of the screenshots to be more bright, which is not how they were originally. Depends on your screen how they'll look like though.

If people wish they can post these screens on other forums as I'm not active everywhere right now and even avoid some places as of now.
Attachments
Escape5.png
Escape4.png
Escape3.png
Escape2.png
Escape1.png
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:You can guess what map this was based on given its popularity.
Nope I don't recognize it. But I must say it looks great... would also fit as a DM map from what I can see. :gj:
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

There is already a different version in the pack as a DM map, in fact that's the original texturing one as done by me/dustin and Rubie (who made a mess out of a lot of things before he left but I thought the bizarre theme with changes can stay for the dm version).

This, more serious version, however stays purely as the SP map.

This is actually all based on a certain alpha version of DM Rankin by Hourences, as it appeared in UT2004. Here it's a proper map in SP, connecting together sections of the recovered psx/steele dawn map.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Thanks for the info. :tu:
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Despite that this isn't featured anymore in the UT sections, I have to report that right now all maps are working under Unreal Tournament.
Previously that wasn't the case due to incompatible implantgun and whenever cutscenegargoyle was being used it crashed on UT due to the mesh not being compatible.

This has now been remedied and there is a myleveled actor that will swap the meshes in UT.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Images from yrex.

Download link: Episode Zero

Aka the Horror Deck. Oldskool entries included, for best experience choose from the menu as it links with the replacement gametype, otherwise funky things happen.

Tested with coop too.

Unreal 225(4), 226, OldUnreal 227 versions and Unreal Tournament supported.

The intro/outro map music works only on openal and perhaps fmod (untested). On Galaxy you'll get no music.

Please enjoy.

Moddb entry also submitted.