Soundz Thread ^_^ = post your favourite tunes

Discussions about everything else
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Soundz Thread ^_^ = post your favourite tunes

Post by Wises »

Well I've done this on several other boards and it seems to have stirred a lil bit of interest

soo basically what we do is goto youtube.com.. select a couple of our favourite tunes and post em in here like so;

This is quite simply done by grabbing the URL to the song..

Noting the ending bit after the ?v=

for example; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYYyMu3pzL4

and entering into your post the following 'shortcodes?' like this

Code: Select all

[youtube]TYYyMu3pzL4[/youtube]
which of course equates to this;
sounds , soundz , snds
[youtube]TYYyMu3pzL4[/youtube]
[youtube]WSeNSzJ2-Jw[/youtube]
[youtube]X0gtzHJphVg[/youtube]
:rock:
once posted.
Last edited by Wises on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Soundz Thread ^_^

Post by Feralidragon »

There's only one genre of music I enjoy: epic. Not sure why, but anything else feels like a bit washed out to me. It's also the kind of music I usually hear at work and while doing my UT stuff as well. I generally prefer the versions with no choir.
Unfortunately this genre is not very popular (most prefer pop, rock and other genres).

Anyway, here's one of my recent favorites:
[youtube]ybwqUv7l6no[/youtube]

I may post some more of my favorites, like the TSFH ones, Immediate Music, Thomas Bergesen, among others.
Cronoloop
Skilled

Post by Cronoloop »

everything except metal.
I could post some rave acid track, techno anthems or progressive house and trance, commercial eurodance and dream dance, intelligent dance music, ambient, nature sounds compilation, pop, rock, folk, generic electronic dance music, electro house, epic and choirs, instrumental exotic, funny or cartoon songs, and the list goes on. but I couldn't post a metal track, I simply don't like it ^^

yeah I don't like this but I could be called a music guru, I even produce (just as hobby when I have time), but I wouldn't call them songs :D
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Oh dear, we have not gone down this road here.
I have no big objection to these threads, but they become quite spammy, and disposable.

My main issue with threads such as this, is that it encourages the use of Youtube as a music streaming service, when as a record label promoter, I spend my time trying to promote lower-latency (and over-heads) plain audio streams.
I will only post video's and audio published via the actual licence-holder

Youtube is full of stupid multiple re-uploads of existing material. Often swamping the original higher quality original with crappy replicas.

This site is one of the few open, non-governed (we are not accountable to a company) community sites, that tries to deal with "legal vs moral" to find a compromise we can live with.
I highly suggest that if this thread fills out with music, that it be music that will not disappear after a "cease and desist" order served to Google/Youtube.

Please make every effort to post original content. So there-fore it should only ever be videos on the video steaming service known as "YouTube". Simple.
*My feelings on the vast amount of content on Youtube*
Why do people feel the need to collect a slide-show of obvious imagery, to depict what should be obvious if you could just tear your face away from the screen, close your eyes and use something called "imagination".

I'm leaning towards Ferali's line on content to post though, as this is a UT site. :tu:
Drama and tension music, would be a good theme as it will make people here think cinematic for their maps, instead of just some track they happen to like (which usually just annoys the hell out of me).
I would also like to see people post why they like it etc.

In the mean-time I'm going to post a mashup track by 2 of my favourite crazy-people DJ Schmolli and Fissunix.
Shiny-pop, so shiny it makes you want to puke, mashed with metal so visceral it makes you want to shit your pants.
You don't even have to like metal or cheesy pop to like this (Unless you don't like smiling).
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Willow Smith VS Kreator with "Hairbangers"
[youtube]PmLQRfERkkI[/youtube]
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

well.. theres the legal ramifications out the way.. ^^

I like the saying by some teleban? chap from 20/20 few years ago.. when asked about all the negative publicity they were getting.
to which he stated.
"Any Publicity is GOOD publicity.. be it good or bad".

so.. in contrast to this thread and others like it.. I think.. especially for unknown artists... this kinda thread is good.

like what youtube done for beiber.. now look at him.
consider this an extension of that.. a branch even.

understand that.. MONEY is the real driving force behind most legalities/Drama's..

however .. like the Great Freddy Mercury once sung...
SHOW MUST GO ON!
:D
Last edited by Wises on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

I don't know about the other genres, but I have been following that license stuff, and before youtube was taking down ANY copyrighted music, but now publishers are starting to let users to upload them, as long as they give credits where they're due, as well uploading only a lower quality version of the music and placing a link to their site or to itunes to buy the music.

You see, at least in the genre I listen to, sales went off the charts because of youtube alone, since many only discovered great composers and albums through youtube alone and they bought them. I keep seeing comments in how the users bought the entire albums out of just hearing one of their musics.
In light of this, the policies from the publishers are changing, and you will see more and more uploaded musics which are not taken down because the publisher allows it.

Also there's the thing called "fair use", and under some circumstances you can upload copyrighted stuff.

Remember that youtube has the fingerprints of copyrighted musics and videos in their database (and lately, even the sound through the videos for stuff like episodes of some ongoing series), so many would have already taken down by now. For instance, I used one of UT3 music in my NW3 trailer, and I have a small warning in my video stating so. However, they are letting stay my video on with music because Epic's license allows me so, but if they change their policies (which I doubt, and were the reason why I used their music in the first place) then my video may be taken down or get muted.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

Oki, Let me post some Metall then, and Swedish of coarse hehe except that last one, Rihanna s first i think, they just made it better :rock: :rock: :rock:

Last edited by Hitman on Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

There is a PHPBB forum mod for youtube which allows for 'Playlists' which .. means that ppl can create a playlist.. and insert via BBCODE into here,
that could greatly reduce the length of the thread.. and works quite well.

youtube-playlist-plugin for phpbb3

^ :D

ohh and some Napster <_< to lighten the mood a little ^_^

[youtube]0FMfsT11pdA[/youtube]

and we can't not include this one ...

[youtube]QK8mJJJvaes[/youtube]
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Added "ytplaylist", since it may be really useful here and in other topics (I may also use the playlist for something else).

In a side note, Thomas Bergersen is a freaking music genius (warning: 2 min of pure epicness):
[youtube]iWfb-c0QQs4[/youtube]
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

playlist 3 test 1

[ytplaylist]PLC69470BD16A04D4E[/ytplaylist]
works good :)

cheers
Last edited by Wises on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Working now.
I used the plugin you posted btw to give it a try, but didn't really test it tbh.
It turns out that I had to create my own since no one has a working one as of yet.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

[youtube]ujfykqcpO-o[/youtube]

[youtube]hRVOOwFNp5U[/youtube]

^.. :rock:
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

Usually I listen to dark, hard and trippy electronic music tracks like these:

[youtube]2650P4vJMpw[/youtube]

[youtube]bzy06Cp76hU[/youtube]

[youtube]haX5IVxvF7U[/youtube]

But I enjoy other genres too, especially UT-related music.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Perfect 4 UT! :mrgreen:

[youtube]FDGuMFt2MF0[/youtube]
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Tool vs Vitamin String Quartet - Sober
http://vk.com/video116059113_165064506 (41MB)

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:5LTBLOFASN2LQCTDAGVTW6NFOOP7M2OZ.5SIOWC5C4FSKK5GGS7SRAOOHT2SKNABHSXPLS5Y&xt=urn:ed2khash:71db6596784cad655d884b3ccf45e54d&xl=43609183&dn=Tool%20vs%20Vitamin%20String%20Quartet%20-%20Sober.mp4
I wanted to do this edit for a long time, as I felt it would make it more cinematic and scary :satan:

Same again for this :wink:
Years ago someone released an edit of the end of "2001 a Space Odyssey" and Pink Floyd - Echoes, dubbed over it.
I give you a new version, in full DVD quality, and high quality audio from the remastered "Meddle" CD.
http://vk.com/video116059113_165064618 (190MB)

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:SRUTGO4ATHT5TUDX5ENO3HDVSSXVA3DB.MFJ6XIFYSII4GNJHFVMP4U6OXB45NVSSETMNVWA&xt=urn:ed2khash:69596485cdfb607c451a19fb73a9a079&xl=199487403&dn=Pink%20Floyd-2001.Space.Echoes.mp4
For both of these, turn the lights out and the volume up. I made sure the audio is top quality :tu: