Gauntlet 10 Release!

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Gauntlet 10 Release!

Post by EvilGrins »

I've never been a huge fan of the RPGs made for ut99, and there's been a few, but this kinda looks interesting.

By the way, what is the beastie in the lower right corner of this?
Elf is about to die?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Wildcard
Average
Personal rank: Admin Wizard

Post by Wildcard »

Wha.... huh...WhA!? WHAT!?!? WHA!?!? You woke me up!
I thought this thread died! lol
shiruba wrote:Can you write a configuration guide for it?
its hard to change the ini file without knowing what each variable does.
Yes I can do that, Also I have an updated version that fixes some bugs and problems with the current version in addition with a nice Rival, Follower spread display in the bottom left hand corner
EvilGrins wrote:I've never been a huge fan of the RPGs made for ut99, and there's been a few, but this kinda looks interesting.

By the way, what is the beastie in the lower right corner of this?
Elf is about to die?
That is a Hank. That guy sucks! He will sniper you from far far away large groups of these rain bullets on your team and can be a frustrating enemy when their gate spawns in a wide open area up high where they can wander out and have another one spawn.

I should update this thread it's been so long. I'm glad to see some people still interested :)
It's been so long that those screenshots say like our rank out of 400 players when now it's maxed out at 1700 players for a few months now.

Once you play it for yourself EvilGrin you'll realize it could be the furthest thing from an RPG! :D Gauntlet is a blood bath :mad2: of nearly endless SPAM that comes rushing out of gateways some monsters with overwhealming B*****ht power :lol2: This game can be quite competitive as well! I've been booted off my own top ten for a long time being #11 :( It's a strange kind of competition, on one side you want to trample over your rivals by taking the super weapons and goodies even if you didn't need them and hog every last gate to yourself and keep the locations a secret however at the same time once the timer runs low you got to cordiate with the other players to find the last gateways and bosses.

Thanks for your interest I'll get around to posting updates eventualy and importantly a guide!
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

I have set one up now at 176.9.104.176:2310 , with a bit off diff mutators and settings so try it :tu:
Last edited by Hitman on Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wildcard
Average

Post by Wildcard »

Cool I'll have to check it out
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Do you still work on this wildcard? If you ever decide to put it away I'd seriously consider taking it on. I played a bit on UM's server and it has real potential but just way too many problems to be used on server right now. Your ideas and concepts are very good though, it just needs a thorough code straightening. If you are going to continue with it then you ought to take a long look at what you have done and fix all the errors it is generating. The mod is DAMN good fun and with some effort you could clean up what is existing and make it run way better. This has a chance at being a monsterhunt-level interest mod if it catches on. First though it needs to run cleanly.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Wildcard
Average

Post by Wildcard »

Thanks JackGriffin, I'm glad your seeing how it grabbed my attention a long time ago back when it was integrated into U4e. Yes it does have lots of errors in their and tons of needless log spam which as far as I know I could clean up. So far my solution has been

Suppress=DevLoad
Suppress=DevSave
Suppress=DevNetTraffic
Suppress=DevGarbage
Suppress=DevKill
Suppress=DevReplace
Suppress=DevSound
Suppress=DevCompile
Suppress=DevBind
Suppress=DevMD5
Suppress=DevBsp
Suppress=DevNet
Suppress=ScriptWarning
Suppress=Warning
Suppress=Failed
Suppress=ScriptLog

lol pretty much everything. I know I'm terrible. I do plan on fixing it. I will start by rewriting the statistics manager completely and stay away from storing large structures in .ini files lesson learned. I will go thru from there and clean anything that NEEDS to be cleaned. there are a few gauntlet servers out there I'm happy to see other out there enjoying the mod. I found more gauntlet server by making this tab for the server browser

http://gauntletwarriors.com/Downloads/G ... verTab.zip

It's a good idea to check this tab once in a while because some of these server run multiple gametypes and might not be playing gauntlet at the moment to show up.
I plan on doing a lot to fix Gauntlet. I will also integrate some of the fixes and new features I've made that are as separate packages such as Gauntlet Regeneration which places new gates anywhere that a monster is at and makes the game interesting in the sense you have to clean up more and that letting a single manta fly away out of a building can be a leak and make more gates and spread virally across a map until the gate limit is reached. I been having a lot of fun playing it myself and look forward to being able to make a much better release next time that will run far better.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

2 things that all so could be fixed is the option to add your own custom pawns like, BossPosibilities[4]=something.something and to be able to edit the end-text, like i tried here MessageGameEndWin=Invasion stopped! Your -=]UM[=-Team Is Victorious!
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

Lol, I know this sounds like a demanding question, but is it possible or interesting to make a mutator version of this mod that can be used in every game type of UT99?

Like all it needs to do is to spawn gates scattered around the map randomly (and maybe bosses too but not necessarily) and give players a frag for destroying a monster and/or gate while keeping the essence of the other game type it's used in?

Just an idea basically, not a necessity or anything.
Wildcard
Average

Post by Wildcard »

It could be done, the scoring part might be a bit of work since that is defined in the game itself also statistics would be pretty much a thing to forget but it could possibly be made so that gates are placed in the game and when the gates are gone bosses come and Hitman I have had that in the works but never finished the boss possibilities before the release but that would be rather nothing. If I made something like the mutator I would just bundle it in with gauntlet. I have so much OI want to do to make it better. :)
joss55
Novice

Post by joss55 »

yopu dont know how the fun i have on this mod brooze a player who play mh on mayhem server make me discover this mod few years ago and im very addcit mayhem server exu light was the best server for this mod : able to choose number of gates loved to spend 1h on a map with 160 gates to kdestroy, but few days ago they changed setting only 20 gates ...... not fun anymore other servers are bad ace one you cant destroy gates, kilelrbee i s most acceptable 30 gates but u have directly weapaons ): and gateway : special wepaons doesnt destroy gates ....

i will isntalkll this mod to play local badlack for mayhem i will miss it

=MERGED=

how to install it on my ut files?
Last edited by papercoffee on Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Thought I saw someone in one of the facebook UT groups discussing this today...

Too many gates in your video and that map seems too small for this. You need a much larger map!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

joss55 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:04 pm how to install it on my ut files?
Download the zip from the first post in this thread - put all the files in the System folder in the unzipped zip in your UnrealTournament/System folder. Have a look through the readme - though most of it is to do with running the mod on a server which you presumably don't want to do.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

joss55 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:02 pm...
Please avoid double posts within a 24 limit ...you can edit your posts to add new content.
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

Is there already a server running with this new version?
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

The reason for resetting the score was that it was so old we don't even know if they are alive, and the reason for reducing the gates is there was way to many so it was unplayable above normal and to few spawnpoints for the bosses so they get skipped, to compensate and make it harder for each section i reduce the time .