Existing Mutator lists and functions

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
[FsA]Lordinario
Novice

Existing Mutator lists and functions

Post by [FsA]Lordinario »

Ok, let's start with the main questions.. hehehe...

First, by reading some of the documents, I have noticed that there are different kind of mutators.
IE: Damage mutators is a (sort of) chained list of mutators which are called, through the Takedamage function whenever a player gets hurt.
Is there a document with a list of the different type of mutators list? IE: DamageMutators, HUDMutators, etc? AN which function should you use to register them in its mutator list?

Also, the objects have several functions inherited or simulated, which are called by the engine in a certain moment.
Is there a Guide which tells you, in what moment which functions are called (IE: Pre and post and BeginPlay are called when the player enters the UT world)..

Thanks very much.
Lordi
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Re: Who?

Post by Shadow »

[FsA]Lordinario wrote:Ok, let's start with the main questions.. hehehe...

First, by reading some of the documents, I have noticed that there are different kind of mutators.
IE: Damage mutators is a (sort of) chained list of mutators which are called, through the Takedamage function whenever a player gets hurt.
Is there a document with a list of the different type of mutators list? IE: DamageMutators, HUDMutators, etc? AN which function should you use to register them in its mutator list?

Also, the objects have several functions inherited or simulated, which are called by the engine in a certain moment.
Is there a Guide which tells you, in what moment which functions are called (IE: Pre and post and BeginPlay are called when the player enters the UT world)..

Thanks very much.
Lordi
Yes Damage Mutators (and all other) Mutators are linked/chained lists, which allows the developer to iterate through them without using slow actor-iterators (like allactors()).
There's a good site about the Mutator Topic: Writing/Editing a Mutator Article @ Unreal WIKI, which also deals with the iteration through them, adding them and removing them from the Mutator List.

In addition this (this one also contains your requested engine-relations for the functions a basic mutator has) should be helpful in general and this in special.

Good questions dude, hope I could help, however I recommend for anyone to make his own thread concerning his/her question(s) or help requests.
[FsA]Lordinario
Novice

Thanks for the response, and the suggestion.

As a moderator, can you split this topic and make a new one from my questions to the end?
I suppose you can do it.
If so, please split this topic onto another.

Thanks
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

Ok i will split it, but what do you want as Subject?
[FsA]Lordinario
Novice

"Existing Mutator lists and functions" does it well i suppose.