Free UT99 Public redirect by unrealkillers.com

Discussions about UT99
$carface
Skilled

Re: Free UT99 Public redirect by unrealkillers.com

Post by $carface »

I'll see if I can find or write something to check for duplicate names.

It's not a problem that there is large amount of data. However, the files aren't being requested then it's pointless to store them, at least on a live server? I'll see what I can do.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

An update on this:

I'm going to be migrating the site soonish. I am currently in process of moving everything over to a server with more space. Hopefully 450GB should be enough for the current 200GB requirement with enough capacity to grow for the future.

I will issue the FTP accounts again once the site has completed migration. This will probably take a while since I have a lot of other things on at the moment. Nonetheless, it is and will be happening. Just will take a little time. In the meantime, the current site will remain running, so no down time worries there. :highfive:
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I'm thinking about using this for my new bt server... perhap it should have some BT files on it as well I think (same as from your server?) & if you don't have some of the files I might have to find something to host the download of the redirect for you to get and upload (or other to upload)... but I'm not very sure about this.

Oh and hopefully some server stuff, ACE, mapvote, nexgen redirects...

& Speaking about this, I wish someone can make a mod that I can use more than 1 redirect by being able to add links... & an odd idea, an option to get redirect from where? For example, default, uK's, etc. (just throwing my idea out there.) Might be a black screen with words like Where do you want to download redirect from? 1. Default, 2. uK's (and select those by pressing the numbers.)
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
I'm thinking about using this for my new bt server... perhap it should have some BT files on it as well I think (same as from your server?) & if you don't have some of the files I might have to find something to host the download of the redirect for you to get and upload (or other to upload)... but I'm not very sure about this.

There is all you want on.
It contain all previous uz ut-files and more.

If you have a new clan file or other.
Make a zip and past here.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

medor wrote:

There is all you want on.
It contain all previous uz ut-files and more.

If you have a new clan file or other.
Make a zip and past here.
Not sure if there is any files that is not on there... but Ok, I'll try & return give feedback.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Ok the new server is up and is running with varnish cache which should really speed up the static file serving speed.

There is a problem however. I do have all the Uz downloaded locally and I noticed some corrupt files in there just by file size and also probably a lot of redundant files from servers that on longer exist.

What I was thinking was, we can all start compressing and uploading files essentially this will all contribute towards a new fresh redirect. If there's not much support for this I can upload the current redirect to the new server.

Let me know your thoughts.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

$carface wrote:Ok the new server is up and is running with varnish cache which should really speed up the static file serving speed.

There is a problem however. I do have all the Uz downloaded locally and I noticed some corrupt files in there just by file size and also probably a lot of redundant files from servers that on longer exist.

What I was thinking was, we can all start compressing and uploading files essentially this will all contribute towards a new fresh redirect. If there's not much support for this I can upload the current redirect to the new server.

Let me know your thoughts.
I do have the files compressed already (the one I prepared for the new bt server that I started) but the upload was so crazy (took me all evenin and half of the night long)... I think I'd rather host torrent for available upload... but just still unlucky with my upload speed. I might get lucky to use another internet when I'm having about 2 days off work. lol.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Chamberly wrote: I do have the files compressed already (the one I prepared for the new bt server that I started) but the upload was so crazy (took me all evenin and half of the night long)... I think I'd rather host torrent for available upload... but just still unlucky with my upload speed. I might get lucky to use another internet when I'm having about 2 days off work. lol.
Hah

Unfortunately this is something we all have to put up with. Hosting in torrent won't help (for redirect files)

Anyone have thoughts about starting a brand new redirect? I'm going to start creating accounts shortly.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Any thoughts guys? If I don't get any responses I won't be uploading the redirect and will issue accounts for people to start compressing and uploading the files they require.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Starting off as "new" initially is the best way to go IMHO. Simply because you'll have multiple people uploading content at once which will be far faster than just a couple users uploading ALL the files from the old redirect I used to host. Once a couple months pass and uploading slows down, then you could upload the old redirect and just skip file. Would make that process much faster and not kill your bandwidth/connection.

The only reason why I would upload the old redirect files is because many and I do mean many people find old, nearly impossible files on the redirects.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

$carface wrote:I'm going to start creating accounts shortly.
Not sure about this... but uploading redirect files onto the redirect is better than dealing with multiple account (and a week long process to upoad them)...
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Skillz wrote:The only reason why I would upload the old redirect files is because many and I do mean many people find old, nearly impossible files on the redirects.
Yes this is our history we should lose nothing and it's cool for udemo.

If i need to re upload this 90 gigas at ftp it's not a problem

if someone want to save one more http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showt ... hp?t=31224

UTuz.part001.rar
UTuz.part002.rar
UTuz.part003.rar
UTuz.part004.rar
UTuz.part005.rar
UTuz.part006.rar
UTuz.part007.rar
UTuz.part008.rar
UTuz.part009.rar
UTuz.part010.rar
UTuz.part011.rar
UTuz.part012.rar
UTuz.part013.rar
UTuz.part014.rar
UTuz.part015.rar
UTuz.part016.rar
UTuz.part017.rar
UTuz.part018.rar
UTuz.part019.rar
UTuz.part020.rar
UTuz.part021.rar
UTuz.part022.rar
UTuz.part023.rar
UTuz.part024.rar
UTuz.part025.rar
UTuz.part026.rar
UTuz.part027.rar
UTuz.part028.rar
UTuz.part029.rar
UTuz.part030.rar
UTuz.part031.rar
UTuz.part032.rar
UTuz.part033.rar
UTuz.part034.rar
UTuz.part035.rar
UTuz.part036.rar
UTuz.part037.rar
UTuz.part038.rar
UTuz.part039.rar
UTuz.part040.rar
UTuz.part041.rar
UTuz.part042.rar
UTuz.part043.rar
UTuz.part044.rar
UTuz.part045.rar
UTuz.part046.rar
UTuz.part047.rar
UTuz.part048.rar
UTuz.part049.rar
UTuz.part050.rar
UTuz.part051.rar
UTuz.part052.rar
UTuz.part053.rar
UTuz.part054.rar
UTuz.part055.rar
UTuz.part056.rar
UTuz.part057.rar
UTuz.part058.rar
UTuz.part059.rar
UTuz.part060.rar
UTuz.part061.rar
UTuz.part062.rar
UTuz.part063.rar
UTuz.part064.rar
UTuz.part065.rar
UTuz.part066.rar
UTuz.part067.rar
UTuz.part068.rar
UTuz.part069.rar
UTuz.part070.rar
UTuz.part071.rar
UTuz.part072.rar
UTuz.part073.rar
UTuz.part074.rar
UTuz.part075.rar
UTuz.part076.rar
UTuz.part077.rar
UTuz.part078.rar
UTuz.part079.rar
UTuz.part080.rar
UTuz.part081.rar
UTuz.part082.rar
UTuz.part083.rar
UTuz.part084.rar
UTuz.part085.rar
UTuz.part086.rar
UTuz.part087.rar
UTuz.part088.rar
UTuz.part089.rar
UTuz.part090.rar
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

re: Redirect Idea's;

Some needs to make a way for 'Mismatched Files' to be 'stored and retrieved' based on GUID which is the unique Identifier for all files in UT.

If this system is built up either Native and/or UScript then the Redirect problems are 90% sorted.

also a new Patch for Ut99 (probably never gonna happen) , which allows for "Multiple Redirect Server Checking" as well as the simple ability to 'disconnect/Reconnect' after downloading
a file not redirected..

EDIT---------------

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showt ... hp?t=29298
holds some answer's...

Until those issues are resolved I think that we are... limited in what we can do.. 'Redirect wise' for ever-more.
:\
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Having file's GUID is a decent way to compare and download... & I also wonder with these downloads, are they saved into your system folder, etc. instead of cache? I'd rather have a few file to go to cache because of many mismatch files...
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Let's stay on topic guys...the GUID discussion should be saved for another topic and is certainly something that would enhance things a bit.

I'm going to issue redirect accounts this evening when I get indoors. I'll try to maintain it as much as possible. The public account will not be directly linked to the /uz/ folder so there may be some time before files show there.

Policy for duplicate named files: First come first served basis. So whichever version is uploaded first, will be the version that is hosted and all others skipped or disregarded. If there are five servers complaining of a mismatch while one is only benefiting from correct file, then obviously the file will be replaced for majority to work.

I'm thinking whether I should host a dedicated forum for issues and complaints or should this be at unrealkillers.com? Not sure and up for discussion.

Skillz, did you have some sort of script moving the files over?

I am going with the idea of having users recompress and upload files. This will allow a cleaner redirect and oust all the files that are corrupt or mismatch versions (hopefully). I do still have the full ut-files redirect locally, so will upload the rest of the files once a month or two has elapsed.

Medor, if you want to upload the uz or ut files in the meantime, that's fine, I don't mind. I will setup the account for you today also so we can get started.

Server currently has 450GB HDD and 4.5TB bandwidth which should be enough to allow growth in the future