Old Netcode 'vs' GlobalUnreal (NewNet)

Discussions about UT99
UT99.org

Re: Old Netcode 'vs' GlobalUnreal (NewNet)

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Okay then can I at least know what I stole. Papercoffee there's some waaaay off-topic stuff in his first blowarse post
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Don't get it why should the quarrel, just keep alive UT
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

So from Newnet we go to crosshairs to then cross accusations.
Well, from what I know TimTim didn't give NewNet to anyone, except perhaps a few folks. I am not sure who those folks would be, so I don't know which ones are using a hacked version or not.

Regardless, it doesn't excuse the accusations of theft from either sides. If there's some mod theft going on, please present it in a new separate topic with proof of being so. We take theft seriously, but unfounded claims are disregarded and, more than that, accusing someone without proof may label the other person in the community even if that person is innocent and did nothing wrong.

So from there, if you have any evidence of either ways, start a new topic and present it, without insults, if you do not, drop the subject as of now and take it to PMs yourselves if you still feel the need to dramatize.
That is all.

Now, carry on with the discussion about Newnet itself, or don't bother posting.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:If somes of want to try on official servers http://www.unrealkillers.com/
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

Last edited by Wises on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:There is a poll going around about whether to implement fast weapon switching or keep it classic. There is a lot of support for having it regular from both highest level DM and CTF communities. It's your thread so I'll let you post up a poll, I thought you would be aware if this ut2004 difference as well as the lag compensation. Anyway, not too late to start your next thread on the subject with a poll. Don't forget the "big play" now button.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

FYI the FWS is optional..

Code: Select all

[GlobalWeaponsv0_6d.PureStat]
bEnabled=True
bUseFWS=True
^

also.. working on a "Big Play Now Button" just for you :D
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:just to be clear, if somone got a copy of your unreleased mapvote, that was full of errors because it wasn't finished. And put it on a crappy computer with a few dozen mods. You would be completely happy with them going around posting it and saying it's vanilla with newnet, official release, you have ran it by the authors before publishing leaked version with the 12 player slots/high tickrate, weird game settings, dozens of mutators. Can you post the specs next to the Play button this time?
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

billybill wrote:just to be clear, if somone got a copy of your unreleased mapvote, that was full of errors because it wasn't finished. And put it on a crappy computer with a few dozen mods. You would be completely happy with them going around posting it and saying it's vanilla with newnet, official release, you have ran it by the authors before publishing leaked version with the 12 player slots/high tickrate, weird game settings, dozens of mutators. Can you post the specs next to the Play button this time?
you are more then welcome to a copy from your cache.. weather you can figgure it all out or not is another story .

Good Luck with that :D
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:so you're a hypocrite then?

I'll post some connect now buttons right under an OFFICIAL heading, yours will be down the bottom where it says Un-Official

and i'll forward all this onto your co-developers so they can see how much you respect others work. And your challenge to me doing-so made me laugh, I wasn't sure you should put something like that so close to the rest of your answer. But very well, I'll rip it from your server and release it here to see how you and your co-developers reactions (with your approval of course). There are many points to this, but this is your third attempt at trying to advertise stolen work and your servers together, and now you have chosen that name. This will end well for you when you start stealing the NZX skins to go with mapvoteX, server in same country and all. good luck buddy
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

^ Like I said good luck with that ... do as you will ;)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Do we start again gentleman?
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

iam actually kean to see if boywonder here can explain the inner workings of mvx for us.. and how to configure it and such.. also be kean to know if he could write some detailed tutorials for its use as i am very tired.. of listening to his little snarky fkn comments tbh.