Whats Everyone Up To?

Discussions about UT99
truije15
Novice

Whats Everyone Up To?

Post by truije15 »

I just downloaded UT again after like 5 years and was surprised I could find a server to play on with a steady population. I was just wondering if this community is still goin an where do guys play if you do? I really want to check out some maps too, I loved mapping even though I wasn't good at it, Im wonderin if theres still some of you guys out there editing away!
Anderson
Radi
Adept

Re: Whats Everyone Up To?

Post by Radi »

Hi :) welcome to forums :) there are many guys out there mapping something for UT even now :) just see forum further and You see that people still asking for help with design, AI, script part and other mapping related content :) anyway, Im love mapping too. :p Im sure that you find many new user maps in a short time :)
VatcilliZeitchef
Adept
Personal rank: It's a trap!

Post by VatcilliZeitchef »

What's everyone up to, eh? Currently I am not really doing much, I am still waiting for Titled, a friend of mine to take a look at the possible fixes for some code I need for the levels I am working on, other than that, I just can't find the will to continue mapping or even playing. Mappers block really sucks.

Maybe I should go and remake one of my old crappy maps.
Image Kayako's useful Unreal editor Icon Database Image
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Welcome and enjoy your stay!
I'm currently making a CTF map. If you have any mapping questions feel free to ask.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, I don't play UT itself much anymore (probably just a few times per year atm). But when I do, I generally go play Siege or IG at uK, or sometimes BT elsewhere (although BT is kinda low now imo, most maps people play are no longer the gorgeous (yet hard) ones I liked to explore anymore, which was what attracted me to BT in the first place).

As for everything else, there are some great maps and mappacks released in that timespan, like the one produced in this very site: http://www.ut99.org/utr/
But if you take a good look around the Mapping section, you will see plenty of interesting maps to play with. You can also search for mappacks such as FOT5.

As for mods, there are also some people still working on them (me being one of them), but those you can also check in the Modifications section around, and also visit servers with some mods that have been updated through the years, such as Siege, Rocket-X, SLV and etc.
There is still plenty of interesting stuff going on.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

welcome back to ut! see you around!
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

truije15 wrote:Im wonderin if theres still some of you guys out there editing away!
look also for http://www.mapraider.com/ :mrgreen: