Attachment Question

Discussions about everything else

Attachment Question

Postby ASLY » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:50 pm

There is a limit for the attachments file size and how many attachments I can upload?
ASLY
 

Re: Attachment Question

Postby UnrealGGecko » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Yep, 2mb max, up to 5 attachments for post :what:
"NHL Rock The Rink" (PS1) announcer wrote:...And there are no stunt doubles in this game, folks!

My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, MaleOne+ & FemaleOne+ voicepacks (NEW!), DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack), my small spec of files at Google Drive

List of console converted maps, models & more!
User avatar
UnrealGGecko
Site Staff
 
Posts: 2149
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Attachment Question

Postby ASLY » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Thanks for the reply GEx, I send for you the sounds after december 20!
ASLY
 

Re: Attachment Question

Postby UnrealGGecko » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:04 pm

:tu: okidoki!
"NHL Rock The Rink" (PS1) announcer wrote:...And there are no stunt doubles in this game, folks!

My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, MaleOne+ & FemaleOne+ voicepacks (NEW!), DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack), my small spec of files at Google Drive

List of console converted maps, models & more!
User avatar
UnrealGGecko
Site Staff
 
Posts: 2149
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: Attachment Question

Postby EvilGrins » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Any idea why it's 2mb?
A lot of forums it's 3mb.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
 
Posts: 6181
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Attachment Question

Postby Feralidragon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:50 pm

It's probably set in the php.ini of the forum.
The attachment settings are at 50Mb, but if the ini doesn't allow over 2Mb, then the uploads won't even pass through the worker handling the request/upload.
Other than that, the best person to answer that is Shade.
User avatar
Feralidragon
Godlike
 
Posts: 5076
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: Liandri
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Attachment Question

Postby Chamberly » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:49 am

The extension ini is not allowed.


This happen when I try to upload a 6.05 KB SiegeIV_0018.ini in the PM.
Any idea why? Had to insert it into a .rar file to send it to someone then... :loool:
Tried to find relevant topic... this is close enough I can find.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Chamberly
Godlike
 
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:32 pm
Location: TN, USA
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Attachment Question

Postby abomination » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:33 pm

Rename the INI file .ini.txt and instruct the person on the receiving end to remove the .txt
abomination
Novice
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Re: Attachment Question

Postby Chamberly » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:24 pm

abomination wrote:Rename the INI file .ini.txt and instruct the person on the receiving end to remove the .txt


Not what I want to do. There are some people out there that is noob enough not know how to do it. Beside I already sent it in a .rar and it's already done. I'm wanting to hear why is it not allowed.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Chamberly
Godlike
 
Posts: 1659
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:32 pm
Location: TN, USA
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Attachment Question

Postby abomination » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Chamberly wrote:
abomination wrote:Rename the INI file .ini.txt and instruct the person on the receiving end to remove the .txt


Not what I want to do. There are some people out there that is noob enough not know how to do it. Beside I already sent it in a .rar and it's already done. I'm wanting to hear why is it not allowed.

Dang noobs!

Sorry Cham :) :loool:
abomination
Novice
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Re: Attachment Question

Postby Dr.Flay » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:23 pm

A good question, and yes it is a bit annoying.
Most sites have to add the filetypes that are allowed rather than specifically block them. White-listing is safer.
This forum only supports regular/common file extensions used on the net.
So just as you did putting it in an archive file is the most standard and useful option, as everything is happy with RAR and ZIP.
User avatar
Dr.Flay
Site Staff
 
Posts: 3175
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 pm
Location: Kernow, UK
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist


Return to Misc | Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests