Anticheat development?

Discussions about UT99
aZ.Boy
Novice

Anticheat development?

Post by aZ.Boy »

Hello Everyone,

I've noticed that this website is one of the most popular and active websites for UT99 stuff in general that's why i decided to post my suggestions in here.

Is there anyone planning to do any development for a new anticheat?

Since Ace development have stopped (in 2011) i've noticed that many people are able to do weird stuff and bypass the current public Ace aka ACEV08h... for example I've caught a person in my servers sometimes ago able to bypass the check so ace doesn't even have a log file about that person who evade the check that's why i suggested spongebob to code something about it (thanks for his efforts) therefore he have added the ACE bypass kick feature into his NexgenABM102: http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5092

But in my opinion that's still is not enough to stop the cheats, i've noticed that there is many people who are able to get in the servers and being checked without even their cheats being detected.

I suggest to give some attention for the anticheat programming more than the other stuff because without it the game is dead imo, I don't know if Anth fully left UT or still there but inactive... imo somebody should really continue the way for anticheat programming... maybe develop new anticheat (or just continue project of ACE for example at least) of course after asking the author for permission.

I know that Anticheat programming is quite hard and is not easy but i believe there is a skilled people around here who are able to do something about it.

EDIT:

I can't be any help in programming since I lack the knowledge but i can help with everything i can do like providing a test server, help in debugging and reporting the issues etc...

Thanks for reading.

-]OsF[-aZ.Boy
Last edited by aZ.Boy on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
rsbloom44
Experienced

Re: Anticheat development?

Post by rsbloom44 »

Could've sworn I read something about ACEV09, maybe on unrealkillers. How do you know this person intentionally did it? AFAIK there was some version of Windows that would do that.
aZ.Boy
Novice

Post by aZ.Boy »

rsbloom44 wrote:Could've sworn I read something about ACEV09, maybe on unrealkillers. How do you know this person intentionally did it? AFAIK there was some version of Windows that would do that.
As far as i know ACEV09c is kinda full of bugs and incomplete as it doesn't work properly with some OS... most of it beta users said that i guess :x

"How do you know this person intentionally did it?"

About the bypassing case i don't really know if he did it intentionally or it was just his luck with OS however i remember talking with Madrixis about it as he said it's possible to bypass the check... some cheaters have simply joined with aimbot autoaim on, it was quite simple for any admin to caught them doing it that's what made me search for the cheating log and the funny thing there was not even ace log file about that player who joins with aimbot but thanks to sp0ngeb0b this issue is solved now... the thing is the cheats are evolving but some of the cheaters still at the same level of dumbness still there is the smart ones though that's why we need to do something about it imo because there is already undetected cheats and cheaters are increasing.
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

Since I didn't follow much ACE developments it has come as suprise that anth has stopped working on it actively.
Has somebody ever considered taking over the project? It should be most efficient anticheat to date so it would be unfortunate to let this project die. Of course you can't hand over the source to anybody.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Imo since Anth wouldn't release his ACE Development, you are better off starting on your own.

Have you checked with other anti cheat mods? There is a couple of more out there.
Just to name a few: UTPure, mod menu checker, and a few more.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Chamberly wrote:Imo since Anth wouldn't release his ACE Development, you are better off starting on your own.
It's not that he won't, he can't due to various reasons.

Without disclosing masses of info, last I heard, Anth still plans to develop ACE.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

Timtim said that he could further develop it if anths wanted to work with him.. see anticheat thread at glibal-unreal.

He seems like a good solid developer atm and if anths would'nt mind so.. he could have a word with timtim.
aZ.Boy
Novice

Post by aZ.Boy »

Well if Anth haven't left the game yet and still planning to develop it as $carface stated that would be a good news imo.

@Wises

Idd timtim is doing great efforts and would be nice if they work together to make something good.

Hope to see any sign from Anth himself confirms his intentions though.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

$carface wrote:
Chamberly wrote:Imo since Anth wouldn't release his ACE Development, you are better off starting on your own.
It's not that he won't, he can't due to various reasons.

Without disclosing masses of info, last I heard, Anth still plans to develop ACE.
Yes I'm aware of that...

Anth could be super busy in RL atm as well.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

The source can't be released. I asked already.
anth
Adept

Post by anth »

I can't release the source code since ACE is now part of a bigger project that is under NDA. That being said, I AM still working on it (though - due to various circumstances - I've had very very little time to do so in the past 2 years) and I'm aiming to get 2 new releases out this year. v0.9d will only be a minor protection update but should address most of the bugs people have been experiencing in the v0.9c beta and v1.0 should be a major projection update.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

That's really fantastic news Anthrax. Thank you for your continued efforts
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Awesome news!
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Post by Pileyrei »

Thank you Anth, you really are a legend! :tu:

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Very much a legend. But please leave out the HWID so players don't resort to cheating websites with full dodgyness in order to try and play more anonymously. If you do just realize what others have said there is profit to be made. Not only that but it destroys mods who legitimately require HWID. Love the screenshots, hook protection, speedstep fixes though. Never used the crosshair adjustments. Not a fan of it slowing down my computer and it not working on some OS's but people will use it regardless. Keep up the good work!