ut99maps.gamezoo.org

Discussions about UT99
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

ut99maps.gamezoo.org

Post by UTPe »

Hi,
I just wanted to inform you my new map site, http://ut99maps.gamezoo.org, has been finally updated ! :highfive:
At the moment, the website hosts about 2350 maps (12.5GB of data) but I will add new files when available.
All my previous websites (http://ut99maps.juplo.com, http://ut99maps2.juplo.com and http://ut99maps3.pixub.com) have been removed and deleted.

Time ago I found an italian non-profit gaming community (http://www.gamezoo.it), they decided to host all my ut99 websites for free and offered me the world :D ...unlimited webspace and unlimited bandwidth ! Now you can download maps with direct links without limits !
If you find any errors, please report them, I'll try to fix them asap.

regards,
Pietro
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Re: ut99maps.gamezoo.org

Post by Spectra »

Cool one... Mr.P :gj:
I almost downloaded all the 1-on-1 maps from your collections.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:the classification of maps is really utils and I have served for my utfiles

merci :tu:
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

Nicely sorted :-) - good work :tu:

Could I please get you to remove these maps:

DM-(DANISH)Springfield[uRh] (fixed version)
DM-(DANISH)Springfield[uRh][Crmx] (clean version)

It's my map beeing edited without permission. Deleting brushes should indicate that I do not want them to be edited without permission. And I realy hate how some clantag is attached to it to make it show like they made it pffft.

and this one DM-[DANISH]-WGF-WickedTown is bugged, I never released that one officialy, it crashes some players using ATI Cards. I made this for a competition back in the days.... the site went down I think? I think the name was World Gamers Forums?

This one: DM-EroticMuseum may be displayed better under the adult XXX maps? lol :mrgreen: .. though I kept it somewhat softcore compared to the others.
Retired.
UTPe
Masterful

Post by UTPe »

TheDane wrote:Could I please get you to remove these maps:

DM-(DANISH)Springfield[uRh] (fixed version)
DM-(DANISH)Springfield[uRh][Crmx] (clean version)

It's my map beeing edited without permission. Deleting brushes should indicate that I do not want them to be edited without permission. And I realy hate how some clantag is attached to it to make it show like they made it pffft.

and this one DM-[DANISH]-WGF-WickedTown is bugged, I never released that one officialy, it crashes some players using ATI Cards. I made this for a competition back in the days.... the site went down I think? I think the name was World Gamers Forums?
yes Sir, done !
sorry for this but sniper maps, you know well, are often highly modded by players or clans in order to fix some errors or add some extra features, many of the times without the permission of the author (many of the maps published on the website have been found on freestyle/camping servers...)
I know for sure DM-(DANISH)Springfield[uRh] shoud have a full working teleport (which was bugged in your original map) while in Crmx version Homer and Mr.Burns models have been removed. I've to check because I don't remember well now but maybe 1-2 years ago I installed DM-(DANISH)Springfield[uRh][Crmx] on ISC server for camping mod...can I leave it or have I to remove it from there ? :?

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Nice site man thx :gj:
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Nice P

seems the hoster is a bit faster than the last one?

offtopic
If you have removed the brushes, how can someone edit your map then?
So far i could only change textures or light brightness but not more.

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
UTPe
Masterful

Post by UTPe »

noccer wrote:seems the hoster is a bit faster than the last one?
yes, it is ! :highfive:

UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

noccer wrote: offtopic
UTPe wrote: I know for sure DM-(DANISH)Springfield[uRh] shoud have a full working teleport (which was bugged in your original map) while in Crmx version Homer and Mr.Burns models have been removed.
Here's a few more editing methods :ironic:
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

UnrealGecko wrote:
noccer wrote: offtopic
UTPe wrote: I know for sure DM-(DANISH)Springfield[uRh] shoud have a full working teleport (which was bugged in your original map) while in Crmx version Homer and Mr.Burns models have been removed.
Here's a few more editing methods :ironic:
What are those models in the map, are they like statues or usable models to be played? No rebuild needed?
What about light rebuild affter yo made a new lightning on maps with removed brushes? Never tried that...

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

UTPe wrote: yes Sir, done !
sorry for this but sniper maps, you know well, are often highly modded by players or clans in order to fix some errors or add some extra features, many of the times without the permission of the author (many of the maps published on the website have been found on freestyle/camping servers...)
I know for sure DM-(DANISH)Springfield[uRh] shoud have a full working teleport (which was bugged in your original map) while in Crmx version Homer and Mr.Burns models have been removed. I've to check because I don't remember well now but maybe 1-2 years ago I installed DM-(DANISH)Springfield[uRh][Crmx] on ISC server for camping mod...can I leave it or have I to remove it from there ? :?
Lol, the funny thing about that teleporter is that it is made to not function, I though to have nonfunctioning teleporters would somehow add to the crazy Simpson theme? Never mind that, call it an artistic burp? Though I found it funny at that time :tongue:

As for "fixing" the teleporters and removing the Homer and Burns model from gameplay would be ok for me - IF - they didn't patch it with their own tag. I would have prefered a name convention like e.g. DM-(DANISH)Springfield-NoPawns and DM-(DANISH)Springfield_FixedTeleport.

As for you to keep the map on your server is your choice, I just don't like them to be distibuted for downloads, I can ask you to remove it but there are many other servers using them sadly - it is out of control, though I would prefer the original versions to be used - or just ask me to do those small adjustments instead? I have a wishing well at my forums that could be used for matters like these? Bottom line is that this is the exact same thing as when I got into trouble for sharing textures - the hammer was dropped and I removed the texture site again. Just like I didn't know the origin of all the textures I can't expect every server admin to know the origin of every map? But the situation is still the same in theory. Just like I got told to remove my link to ACEv9c from my file storage while others can provide it without notice .... maybe that's why I am a little jumpy on these things arround here now? Anyway, I've PM'ed anth about it as I would like to provide a download for it again and will see if he replies to that.
offtopic
There is a way to restore the map to a state where you can do a full rebuild even if the brushes has been deleted. But I guess I would go against the wind .... Again ..... if I posted how to do that, but it's quite simple actualy. I haven't tried the two versions in question here, but the things that are described to me does not require a full rebuild to work.
Retired.
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

Interesting... found some of mine being hosted there without being asked. Not that it does matter.
You can safely delete the FNE Maps off of your 1on1 collection, though (the only ones I checked out of the box). For instance, I compared my original Rajan to the FNE version. Didn't change a thing except for screenshots and zoning portal textures. Someone did a textureswap with the nude gothic girls textures once with this map, man the mashup of textures was bad. This one here is just irritating.

€ Other than that, it seems solid. You even got the rare steele / freeze mappacks. Now if I could only remember the maps created by BrushBuilder...
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

TheDane wrote: As for "fixing" the teleporters and removing the Homer and Burns model from gameplay would be ok for me - IF - they didn't patch it with their own tag. I would have prefered a name convention like e.g. DM-(DANISH)Springfield-NoPawns and DM-(DANISH)Springfield_FixedTeleport.
I would say 50/50 right/not so much right :D

If you would only call it *_nopunk or *_FixedTeleport you could have like 30 versions with the same name. So you can see that one of clan XY has made the edit to the map. For my side it is okay if it is like
DM-[originalauthor]Mapname[editauthor]whatisdone.unr You see the original Authors name/clan and the editor one. It would be more bad if DM-(DANISH)-blah would be DM-[CRANKCLAN]-blah.

UTPe
Masterful

Post by UTPe »

TheDane wrote: Lol, the funny thing about that teleporter is that it is made to not function, I though to have nonfunctioning teleporters would somehow add to the crazy Simpson theme? Never mind that, call it an artistic burp? Though I found it funny at that time :tongue:
ahahah, nice one ! :lol2:
I think who modded the map did not agree with you :D
TheDane wrote: As for you to keep the map on your server is your choice, I just don't like them to be distibuted for downloads, I can ask you to remove it but there are many other servers using them sadly - it is out of control, though I would prefer the original versions to be used - or just ask me to do those small adjustments instead? I have a wishing well at my forums that could be used for matters like these?
Ok, no problem, I will remove that version of Springfield from server.
So, can you make those small adjustments so I can install your map "fixed" by you ? thanks :D

Swanky wrote:Interesting... found some of mine being hosted there without being asked. Not that it does matter.
If you want, I can remove all your maps, no problem at all.
Swanky wrote: You can safely delete the FNE Maps off of your 1on1 collection, though (the only ones I checked out of the box). For instance, I compared my original Rajan to the FNE version. Didn't change a thing except for screenshots and zoning portal textures. Someone did a textureswap with the nude gothic girls textures once with this map, man the mashup of textures was bad. This one here is just irritating.
I safely removed DM-1on1-Rajan-FNE from the list. If other mappers will complain, I will remove FNE versions of their maps too.
As far as I know, FNE maps should be those modded to be played in Fragged Nation ladders/tournaments: I probably downloaded Rajan-FNE and Rose-FNE about 3 years ago on a FN server during an UZI 1v1 ladder but I really don't know who edited your map.

Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

Thanks for the offer, but I'm fine with my maps being hosted there. :)