Godzilla 2014

Discussions about everything else
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Godzilla 2014

Post by EvilGrins »

AlCapowned wrote:By that logic, the Flash is a mutant. He has super speed, so he's the same as Quicksilver.
That makes absolutely no sense. Mutants are born with their abilities, which generally show up somewhere around puberty. While Flash is certainly a mutate, he's not a mutant. He's like any number of random superpowered folk who got their powers in some accident.
AlCapowned wrote:You can base your entire assumption on a passing resemblance to some of Toho's original monsters and ignore everything else, but that pretty much means that no matter what, you can say the monsters are whatever you want them to be. Just don't be surprised when the movie proves you wrong.
A stretch back I asked on a few Doctor Who blogs/forums what the chances were there would be a crossover of Doctor Who, Torchwood, and The Sarah Jane Adventures. I was told on multiple fronts that it would never happen, that while Torchwood & Doctor Who might, Sarah Jane was more driven towards a much younger audience. That and company complications... I was fooling myself.

Sure enough, though, about a year later there was a massive crossover from all 3 shows in a massive confrontation with the Daleks. they said it could never happen, but it did.

So, don't be too surprised if the Godzilla movie proves me right. I remain, as always, optimistic.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

EvilGrins wrote:That makes absolutely no sense. Mutants are born with their abilities, which generally show up somewhere around puberty.
No no, mutants gain their powers when they score the first kill in the game :ironic:
You must construct additional pylons.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Hellkeeper wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:That makes absolutely no sense. Mutants are born with their abilities, which generally show up somewhere around puberty.
No no, mutants gain their powers when they score the first kill in the game :ironic:
AlCapowned
Experienced
Personal rank: Layman

Post by AlCapowned »

EvilGrins wrote: That makes absolutely no sense. Mutants are born with their abilities, which generally show up somewhere around puberty. While Flash is certainly a mutate, he's not a mutant. He's like any number of random superpowered folk who got their powers in some accident.
My point was that just because there are similar characteristics between two things, that doesn't automatically make them the same thing. My example was based on abilities, just like yours:
That's like saying "we don't own the rights to the X-Men... but we're making a movie with a guy with metal bones and claws, a guy that shoots things with his eyes, and a redhead that can do amazing things with her brain. Not X-Men though"
Also, that has never happened. If it did, the company that made a movie like that would probably get sued into oblivion.
A stretch back I asked on a few Doctor Who blogs/forums what the chances were there would be a crossover of Doctor Who, Torchwood, and The Sarah Jane Adventures. I was told on multiple fronts that it would never happen, that while Torchwood & Doctor Who might, Sarah Jane was more driven towards a much younger audience. That and company complications... I was fooling myself.

Sure enough, though, about a year later there was a massive crossover from all 3 shows in a massive confrontation with the Daleks. they said it could never happen, but it did.
That's completely different. Those shows are all related and the rights to them are in the hands of the same people. The only Toho monster Legendary has the rights to is Godzilla. Making a new monster like MUTO is cheaper than buying the rights to an old one.
So, don't be too surprised if the Godzilla movie proves me right. I remain, as always, optimistic.
But it won't, because like I said, there's plenty of information that shows that the monsters have nothing to do with Gigan or Rodan. I would be willing to bet on it if I wanted to make some easy cash. :satan:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Mutate=Deviate from the norm.
When a mutation happens, it does not matter when.

You can be born a mutant. eg. Webbed-feet, 3 nipples, Albino or Ginger
But you can also mutate later. eg. Cancer, The Elephant Man, Michael Jackson, Hulk, Spiderman.

The U engine Mutators, Mutates a game either before, or during play.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay...
http://www.traileraddict.com/godzilla-2014/asia-trailer
...that is definitely not Rodan.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Nerds.

Someone had to say it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote:Nerds.

Someone had to say it.
Look who's talking...
Wikipedia wrote: Nerds can either be described by their hobbies and interests, or by abstract qualities such as personality, status, social skills, and physical appearance.

"Nerdy" interests

Some interests and activities that are likely to be described as nerdy are:
  • Intellectual, academic, or technical hobbies, activities, and pursuits, especially topics related to science, mathematics, engineering, linguistics, history and technology.
    Hobbies, games, and activities that are described as obsessive and "immature", such as trading cards, comic books, fantasy and science fiction novels, television programs and films, role-playing games, tabletop games, and video games.
    Interest in the fine arts, non-mainstream music, hobbies (i.e., collecting), or other "obscure" interests.
    Heavy obsession with a topic that would otherwise be mainstream (such as a popular TV show or a sport).
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

papercoffee wrote: Look who's talking...
I couldn't agree more my friend. I'm a proud, card carrying member of the nerd squad and I'll even show you:
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a51 ... 5b7e1e.jpg
Check out that date.

So when I say "Nerd" it's done in kinsmanship.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

JackGriffin wrote:Nerds.
Lies!
I'm a geek.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Image
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

WTF is that udder shit? Ruins the whole model.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

medor, What is that? :D
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Remember to check http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... m.php?f=51

Custom_pawn CowBoss http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... =51&t=2513 probably need to be ghost for summon it. :wink:
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

medor wrote:...probably need to be ghost for summon it. :wink:
Sounds funny... :mrgreen: And thanks for share, I missed to download this. :)