Then, what about Higor's FerBotz http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3805
Still in development but...
Archon
Novice

Re: Some help with Unreal Tournament Bots

Post by Archon »

Hey Everyone!

Sorry for the late reply.
Just been really sick and have been dealing with the ice storm that we got in our area. Hope everybody is enjoying their holidays.

Thanks for pointing out that bug Emperor I think I've got a fix below. Hope that works.

Take care everyone!

Archon
Attachments
TWFSightRadius_V2.rar
Version 2
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Emperor
Average
Personal rank: Rtma Eros Paragon

Post by Emperor »

papercoffee wrote:Then, what about Higor's FerBotz http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3805
Thanks for trying, I have tried it and replied to the thread about issues using it, still no reply my inquiry of workarounds so I cannot use them, plus they don't work outside of Original Weapons, I'm using a alternative setup.

And thank you Archon for your time and effort, hope all is well on your end, it's just very warm on mine, I'll try the update.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Emperor wrote:
papercoffee wrote:Then, what about Higor's FerBotz http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3805
replied to the thread about issues using it, still no reply my inquiry of workarounds
The guy that made FerBotz is one of those that usually only logins here once every month or so. If you're patient, he'll get back to you eventually.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Emperor
Average

Post by Emperor »

Another Bug report, It's infrequent but Bots sometimes tend to run around despawned/invisible but play as if they're spawned but they cannot die, like when I add bots and a few run around before the match even started, I have to remove/replace then with Xmaps and it says they kill themselves so yeah, hope that helps.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

My guess it would be something is making them spawn too quickly for the number of bots used.

What if you set max players in the server settings to 32 (that should have no effect but just to test and you are not running a server,) but then test it with like 2 bots compared to more. see what happens.

if you want.
Binary Space Partitioning
Archon
Novice

Post by Archon »

Hey everyone!

Thanks guys for finding and reporting those bugs.
The invisible bot issue should be fixed now (hopefully).

I believe these bugs happened because I was forcing the bots to change their state in order to attack targets way beyond their normal range. This would override their 'dying' and 'startup' states, basically making the bots alive (somewhat) when they should not have been.

Here is the new version:
Attachments
TWFSightRadius_V3.rar
(3.65 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Emperor
Average

Post by Emperor »

Well so far all good, are you able to make the Unreal Monsters respond to the Bots also? Cause I'm playing tally Ho Mutator recently and the bots aren't being attacked by Regular creatures except the Prisoners.
Emperor
Average

Post by Emperor »

I found a new bug not long ago, it happens when you're a Spectator, if you get close enough to a bot they will start attacking the spectator and not focus on the players in-game, that is all.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Have you tried Ferbotz? They have more A.I. than the original UT bots. ;)

http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3805

I somehow skipped that PaperCoffee mentioned this. My bad.
Last edited by Chamberly on Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Emperor
Average

Post by Emperor »

Chamberly wrote:Have you tried Ferbotz? They have more A.I. than the original UT bots. ;)

http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3805
I have but they don't use Custom Weapons as they should, still treating them like UT equivalents...
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Emperor wrote:I found a new bug not long ago, it happens when you're a Spectator, if you get close enough to a bot they will start attacking the spectator and not focus on the players in-game, that is all.
This is because the spectator class is poorly done in UT. In essence spectators are invisible players with ghost on but collision with BSP is enabled. Invisibility doesn't work with bots so they see you as a normal enemy and try to attack. Monsters will do the same thing.

I'm kind of surprised someone never redid the spectator class properly. Or maybe they did and I just wasn't aware of it?
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Emperor
Average

Post by Emperor »

I know I'm rather late but something has bothered me for some years now and maybe can be done with this sight-radius mutator, it has to do with Invisibility, apparently it doesn't affect the bots or if it does, not in a meaningful way, like to request an update to make it so that if your visibility is 10(Invisibility) the bots ignore or harder to see you except if you're near an objective like a Flag, carrying it and in close proximity so stealth game-play is viable? could be another way to do this, I've noticed the standard invisibility pickup doesn't reset your visibility bug so could be another method?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Emperor wrote:with Invisibility, apparently it doesn't affect the bots or if it does, not in a meaningful way
It varies.
· The invisibility that comes with standard UT doesn't really effect bots, they can see you regardless.
· The invisibility available thru the Oldskool mutator is absolute, there's not even a shimmer of where you are. Bots can't see you with this, unless you make a loud noise when walking/running past them.

Some invisibility available from other custom mods and mutators also vary on how bots can sense where players are or not.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Thanks for bringing this up.
Experiencing the same issue for years.
Tried FerBotz / UTBots and few more, but more errors came. (no team/custom weapon support)
Tried and still messing around with some variables in the user.ini: BotSkills, BotAccuracy and such.
like to request an update to make it so that..
Check, lets hope :)