OK back to browsers and hate, or......

Discussions about everything else
Red_Fist
Godlike

OK back to browsers and hate, or......

Post by Red_Fist »

Does anyone know if you can turn off tabbed browsing in ie11 ?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/f ... a057e086dd

That's a thread and I can almost say I bet we still can't turn it off, and I won't install it unless I am forced to.
I want a menu bar, address bar with a full address, like ie6,7,8, for instance.

Here is the thing trying to search, people don't review things or give info to turn it off because now everyone thinks tabbed browsing is a good thing. Devil is in the details and you find out AFTER you install, then your system gets some bad quirk after uninstalling.
Binary Space Partitioning
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: OK back to browsers and hate, or......

Post by Red_Fist »

See what I mean, people just dump on ie so that's why no replies here.
Anyway after looking even more, I don't think it has that option so I get to hate ie 11, lol.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I really don't know cause I don't use IE. Google is always there to help you research your needs. :)
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Red_Fist wrote:See what I mean, people just dump on ie so that's why no replies here.
Anyway after looking even more, I don't think it has that option so I get to hate ie 11, lol.
Nope it's just because most people doesn't use IE and don't have a clue how it works.
I can tell you about things in Fire Fox and Ice Weasel ... but that's not helping you.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Well if I use those, be just like the new ie.

Firefox used cookies that advertise itself when it started, I begrudge them and tried it once, had like 4 windows, interface was a mess.
I would only use Chrome for the games, but I don't want google poking their nose into more than they already do.

Don't know about opera

Plus I am used to ie since it works like a normal windows program (built in)
Don't watch movies, or videos, or pay or get songs, don't own a cell phone or any "mobile device"

I want to have full control and configuration, they keep taking things away and make running a computer annoying.
(like windows 7 file manger stupid plus signs the show up when you move your mouse) and the directories that snap you away from it in the directory tree. They won't friggen hear us at all. and now this.

Then the annoying "libraries" and default "folders" for a filetype THEY force on us, and download manager all extremely annoying. Not to mention logging on to MY system, and being a user, or administrator, cripes sake it's just a freeegin hard drive.

I spend more time getting around all that rather than getting things done. I have 1500 photos, and none of that is "my pictures" just purely made for computer illiterate morons in my opinion.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Well I still use Win XP Sp3 ...no problems so far.
If you want total control over your system, I recommend Linux ...look for a distro what suits your needs the best.

And for Chrome ...I already mentioned Iron, it's a modified Chrome without the "home call" shit and some other changes.
maximdymok
Experienced

Post by maximdymok »

I didn't find an option to turn off tabs, but you can do this if you want full address bar:
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Well, I guess I am done complaining, it's just that the easier they make things work, the more work it is to make things work. :lol:

Thanks for the screeny.

I will see about Iron.