[UTRP] "UT 2341" port into Unreal Tournament

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: UT Remodelling Project (UT SDK addon)

Post by Dr.Flay »

CurvedSurfaces=True ?

Well I have tested qeffects-gl, and... wow....?
That's a nice looking.... slide-show of the Unreal intro !
Great proof of concept etc. but how could anyone play any game with it ?
I tried each effect on it's own, and even just colour calibration drags it to a stand-still.
The Depth of Field effect is the one I wanted to use if possible, as I briefly had it working in Unreal with ENB, and it looked awesome, and actually helped me concentrate on my target.

I did come across some more optimised alternatives, but I suspect my ATI will not like them either.
I'll stick with RadeonPro and SweetFX anyway, as it is so low impact I forget I am using it.
The RadeonPro tool also gives a choice of SSAO modes, so ATI cards have a nice GUI to tinker with all of it.
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Post by Torax »

Myth wrote:Well I hope that's enough. If your model has a length of 1 unit across its major axis you still only have 1/256 resolution. Having 2 vertexes less than 1/256 away would cause them to become one.

It would be a shame cause the models are looking great.

I'm worried about these awesome details
Well, in cause that i will need rework stuff i will simplify a lot of details. But you may not be worry about this - skeletal models save details given by developer. I only need to think about how to add as more details as i can without adding useless polygons. Seems i will use tricks with textures and so on, to able mod be played on slow machines.
Besides one way to do so, is to create at least two types of models - high detailed and low detailed. And add specific code wich will switch between them if performance will recieve hard drops.
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

you have pretty much 11 bits of precision on X and Y, and 10 on Z.
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

interesting idea.
Multi quality meshes, just like textures and mipmaps or multi-texturing
Hmm, good point maybe. Using muti-textures you may be able to create more faked detail.
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

Saya-chan wrote:you have pretty much 11 bits of precision on X and Y, and 10 on Z.
Well I'm not sure of the details myself, but if that's the case 1/2^11 precision isn't that bad at all.

Well seeing one of these remade models in action would make all this speculation disappear.
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

xNormal may help you keep the details you want
http://www.xnormal.net/Faq.aspx
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

:bump:
is there any progress with this mod? i patiently wait for it's release so i can call it in my mod EnhancedUT http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34& ... EnhancedUT (i am now revising this mod, recoding it and changing the project name)
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

I know this fine projects relies on the SDK, but I have to say that I can't hold the planned release for 1. september because of vacation and exams. Hope you guys understand that. It'll be one month later
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

*Kr!D_o) wrote::bump:
is there any progress with this mod? i patiently wait for it's release so i can call it in my mod EnhancedUT http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34& ... EnhancedUT (i am now revising this mod, recoding it and changing the project name)
Mod is still under construction and it needs really looong time now to be finished
Shadow wrote:I know this fine projects relies on the SDK, but I have to say that I can't hold the planned release for 1. september because of vacation and exams. Hope you guys understand that. It'll be one month later
No problem. There's still a lot of work :omfg:
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

Damn =\ I already started the revision of UTEP! - UnrealTournament Enhancment Project! © 2014 (originally named EnhancedUT) and it's nearing completion. I was hoping to wait for UTRP to be released so I could itterate it into UTEP but then I got to thinking and figured I could complete UTEP! now and add the code to call on UTRP later. Also this way here it's not dependant on the package and it can be used with or without! I currently have an alpha version I am testing via LAN so a beta version should be released very soon! BE ON THE LOOK-OUT for it within the next couple of week(s)! It could be finished a lot sooner, like within a day or two but my time is currently very limited! Can't wait to get the reaction of everyone and agan, I CAN NOT WAIT FOR UTRP TO BE RELEASED! UTRP along side of my UTEP! and NWUltraGoreSSE -by- Feralidragon, we'll have UT99 looking/running just as good as UT4! Great work so far fella's and keep it up! I can't wait til the day we can use these mods together and get jaw dropping reviews ^_^ whoop!
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

Well guys and girls, finally i'd found some time to writ some good news over here :roll:

The progress of this "eternal" project made a huge jump forward, closer to the finish line. Yep, that's exactly what i wanted to write)
The BIGGEST thanks comes to Blade Hunter.
This awesome guy presented to me fully done models of all UT weapons, modelled in HD quality, including textures.

My part of job is really decreased now, all what i will need - finish all this stuff as models, make proper animations and compile everything into UT. And fix all coding stuff, by orienting all code from old weapons to the new ones.
Also there are some job to make items but this will vanish not so much time i hope.

I hope i will finish this job as fast as i can, to make mod playable before the New Year. I can't promise anything faster because there can (and will) be a lot of issues during compilation, maybe even in the beginning of 2015...who knows, but that's not matter now.

Stay tuned and wait for the new screenshots and maybe videos))
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

SCREENSHOTS WANT!!!
Radi
Adept

Post by Radi »

Yay! Yes ! Keep it up ! Thank you guys . I cant wait to see it in action ^.^
AlCapowned
Experienced
Personal rank: Layman

Post by AlCapowned »

Is the person who gave you the models the same person who made the stuff for the UT 2341 mod?
Torax
Adept

Post by Torax »

AlCapowned wrote:Is the person who gave you the models the same person who made the stuff for the UT 2341 mod?
Yes. One of those guys.
I shall use those models from their proposition and permission.