Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Fair Fight - New AntiCheat System?

Post by Wises »

just looking on some other forums which mentioned this system called Fair Fight

here is the blurb from the Websites FAQ page;

How does FairFight™ Work?
Spoiler
Fairfight uses two overlapping and mutually supportive approaches to identify cheaters: algorithmic analysis of player statistics and server-side cheat detection. FairFight uses algorithmic models to evaluate gameplay against multiple statistical markers to identify cheating as it occurs. FairFight crosschecks these indicators using objective server-side reporting tools. It takes action when both approaches correlate to cheating - and because you establish FairFight's tolerances and the in-game actions to be taken against the hacker, you are in control of your game like never before.

Algorithmic Analysis of Player Statistics (AAPS) compares each player's game play statistics across an array of performance measures and compares them against averages derived from all of the gamers playing your game. FairFight uses the results of these comparisons to find statistical anomalies that correlate strongly to the use of cheats.

In order that highly skilled players are not erroneously flagged as cheats, FairFight uses Server Side Cheat Detection (SSCD) to cross-compare results. FairFight's SSCD monitors the game state in real time, scanning gameplay data of your choice for events and conditions which are not possible (or that are exceedingly improbable) to achieve without the use of hacks. For example, in a given first person shooter it may be impossible for a weapon to kill (or even hit) a player over 200 yards. When FairFight sees this occur it automatically records it as a validation of any anomalous AAPS findings. With the validation event in place, FairFight will take any number of actions that you have selected, and it will do so when you want it to (immediately, after a delay, player join . . . .) FairFight's combined AAPS and SSCD approaches offer the best cheat detection and suppression tool in the industry - and it functions in real-time.

FairFight's customizable GameChanger rule engine and graduated punishment system can be modified throughout the course of a title's life, allowing you to Make it a FairFight™ for everyone all the time. Publishers can 'harden' or 'soften' detection thresholds and ban penalties, and add or eliminate statistical measures to meet their needs. For incorrigible hackers, FairFight maintains a Suspension List that is regularly updated with players flagged as 'cheaters'. 'Watch lists' can be created for continuous and even closer automated or manual monitoring. Temporary and permanent suspensions can be imposed, and, depending on your desire, 'hackers' can be barred on a single title or across multiple titles.

Since FairFight is a server side system, integrating FairFight into your game will be seamless. In other words, we won't screw up your game. Also, since FairFight is connected only via the API, if we ever have a connectivity or security problem (and we go to great lengths so we don't) the gameplay on your title should continue unaffected while we get reset.
What game engines will it work with?
Spoiler
All of them! Once our compact bit of API code is installed on your game servers, you are ready to Make it a FairFight™ for your players.
sounds cool.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Fair Fight - New AntiCheat System?

Post by papercoffee »

All of them?
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

https://m.facebook.com/FairFightAntiCheat?_rdr

yeah apparently even probably UT99 ;)

seems they have a different approach to AC which is alot like methods raised in these forums on numerous occasions.. ie; Heuristical approaches and such.

could be the future of Anticheat ... and Serverside

they seem to have an array of modules for all sorts if things (game related).

http://gameblocks.com/products

Question is: how do we integrate it into UT99?

^That could be very interesting.

the more i read about this system.. the better it soundz..

{S.o.W}DeathMask
Skilled

Post by {S.o.W}DeathMask »

I love it. As soon as someone shows how to put it into UT99, I'll have it on my server. Just awesome.
{S.o.W}DeathMask, 9 times CWC UT2003, 1 time EMKTC.

Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Hmmm this might take me 2 months or more to read this whole AC thing. LOL.

Edit: I could agree with Higor and Jack's post below this one.
Last edited by Chamberly on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Meh, it's heuristics.
It hasn't been done because UnrealScript is limited, slow and false positives are more likely to occur in one of the highest paced FPS in gaming history.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I've tested heuristics-based anticheat with Ferali and it was a stream of false positives. Higor is correct. You'd think it wouldn't be so, but it is.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

At first I would suspect the same as Higor and Jack, simply due to human variation, but the idea of long-term background checking may be the difference that gives this more ability.

Having already tested a heuristic system, you are in a perfect position to compare, so I would hold judgement until it shows it's flaws or worth.
I will point a few others at it, and see what they can make of it's potential.