Bot Championship

Discussions about UT99
Degrees9871
Novice

Bot Championship

Post by Degrees9871 »

Good evening everyone, and please help me to resolve an annoying problem with BOTS. The thing is to play UT gametypes (CTF,TDM,DoM) with certain bots, like every team has their own bots. Unfortunately despite bot color settings, they still join teams randomly, which is really sad. So im looking for any possible solution to push them join certain teams.
Thanks.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Bot Championship

Post by papercoffee »

Do you have the bots set to random order in the bot-menu?
Degrees9871
Novice

Post by Degrees9871 »

I've tried both options and they have same result
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

On the game's menu tab where you setup your bots, before going into the individual settings, there's an area that says, more or less "choose bots randomly". If you click this choice it will select randomly from whatever bots you have setup; going along with whatever number of bots you've selected for your game.

However, if you don't select that option, it selects bots in order by their numbers.

For example: Play a game with bots only, no human players. The 1st bot will go on red team, 2nd blue team, 3rd red... etc. If you want to play with them then the same thing occurs except you're considered the first player at that point. If you're on red, bot 1 will go on blue... and basically the same thing.

More confusing for me, as I use the xbots mutator which gives me access to 6 full lists of 32 bots each to randomly choose from. All bets are off with that.

Also have, though I seldom use it, the BotsVsHumans mutator. In team games it puts all bots onto 1 team, all human players are forced onto the other team. Fun time!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

You need better bot management.

Marginally Enhanced UT
Increases the limit on the number of models available to be much larger than you probably want (up to 1000 models, 1000 voicepacks and 10 000 skins)
Lets you increase those limits if necessary (up to a theoretical maximum of more than 2100 000 000, although you'll run out of memory long before that happens)
Fixes models which don't have a proper Player Setup animation (notably Bonus Pack 4's 'Warboss' and 'Xan Mk.II')
Enables the Robot voice (so custom models work) and the Boss model, even if you haven't completed UT (this can be switched off if you prefer)
Fixes models getting the wrong skeletal animations, even for models which don't use Advanced Model Support
http://www.pseudorandom.co.uk/2002/paradox/ut/marginal/
LoathsomesBotPack Mutators
Includes XBots9b with support for up to 320 bot configurations and a stand-alone
version of the AdjustoBots mutator.

AdjustoBots enables you to set a Maximum bot skill level and will autoadjust the
bots skill in-game from Novice thru the Max you have specified.

Too many features to list here. More info in the readme.
http://www.ecoop.tk/load/loathsomesbotp ... s/1-1-0-13
JaFO's Bot Manager - Easy way to create collections of customised teams.
This is an external management tool, to create your teams with presets and saved favorites.
http://members.chello.nl/~r.dautzenberg/news.html
Degrees9871
Novice

Post by Degrees9871 »

Alright guys, i dont know maybe im cursed cuz nothing is working for me:
1) Random bot order still works for me in random. So bots not joining teams like 1st blue, 2nd red, 3rd blue,etc. They are ignoring every order rule.{Update ( the order works with xbots disabled)}
2) Somehow Xbots doesn't work for properly me. For examle: i checked only 1 list and bots connecting from ut main list whick is unchecked.
3) Bot manager won't setup at all. I downloaded bot editor but im no sure its gonna help me.
So is there something im doing wrong please mention this, because im already feel myself foolish
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Did you select xbots in your mutator list? You have to actually select it for a game or it won't run by itself.
Degrees9871
Novice

Post by Degrees9871 »

Sure thing i selected it in mutator list. Those damn bots ignores everything
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Ok ...we need more information.
What version is your UT?
Is it on Steam?
Or did you buy it from GOG?
Is your User.ini set to read-only?
Go to the User.ini open it with Notepad and search (ctrl+f) for bRandomOrder.
Is it set to true or fals?
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

He just needs to send his ini files to someone or this is going to take forever :sleep:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:haha no I think it's a genuine problem in XBots, haven't used it in a while but aren't there four lists and you define one you want to use. Then there's the default list which can be a 5th list or disabled in the ini as suggested. Or is this a bug where you cannot disable the default list?

I don't think XBots is going to help you though, those team colors are for deathmatch games. I don't think the game was ever able to do what you are asking with the exception of the single player campaign. You want them to never leave the stated team and I think someone would have to know the exact context of how you want to use it in order to make something that does this for you. It's easy to say all bots have a defined team, but then you would have to add the bots to the game a certain way as well so you don't get five on red and one on blue. That said, it can't be very hard, there are several ways to add bots which the the XBots mod doesn't do, you can add them by the whatever name is by console command 'addbotnamed Loque' for example, wouldn't be hard to have a mod then set them to the desired team
Degrees9871
Novice

Post by Degrees9871 »

Ok ...we need more information.
1)What version is your UT?
2)Is it on Steam?
3)Or did you buy it from GOG?
4)Is your User.ini set to read-only?
5)Go to the User.ini open it with Notepad and search (ctrl+f) for bRandomOrder.
Is it set to true or fals?
1) 436
2) no
3) yep
4) no
5) false
haha no I think it's a genuine problem in XBots, haven't used it in a while but aren't there four lists and you define one you want to use. Then there's the default list which can be a 5th list or disabled in the ini as suggested. Or is this a bug where you cannot disable the default list?

I don't think XBots is going to help you though, those team colors are for deathmatch games. I don't think the game was ever able to do what you are asking with the exception of the single player campaign. You want them to never leave the stated team and I think someone would have to know the exact context of how you want to use it in order to make something that does this for you. It's easy to say all bots have a defined team, but then you would have to add the bots to the game a certain way as well so you don't get five on red and one on blue. That said, it can't be very hard, there are several ways to add bots which the the XBots mod doesn't do, you can add them by the whatever name is by console command 'addbotnamed Loque' for example, wouldn't be hard to have a mod then set them to the desired team
I already understood what should i do to make my idea working, now all i have to do is make xbots work properly.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

1) I feel I kind of dragged Xbots into this discussion, as Degrees9871 didn't bring it up and might not even have it.

2) Bots set to random are just that for any game. While assigning a bot a color will not guarantee it appears on that team, I've found more often than not it does...

...although I play most games with 4 teams; I've got CTF4.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

JaFos bot editor is a tool for making teams and allocating colours, faces and statistics.

Xbots allows 10 banks of 32 bots.
I don't have it setup yet on this install so it is not fresh in my head, but I setup my team-pools in the different sections then enabled/disabled the bot-rosters as needed.
I had all zombie models and skins in 1, and super-heroes in another, and villains in another etc.
Rather than use random, I made a lot of teams in various colours.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Why do we even discuss some external bot tools/mutator?
Set random order false should work normally ...something is causing this error.

Ok Degrees9871, please post the content of your User.ini ...use for this the

Code: Select all

tag please.
Maybe that way can someone help to solve this problem.