Twitter Unreal

Discussions about everything else
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Twitter Unreal

Post by EvilGrins »

I got bored with Twitter when I first got an account there but then I discovered there's a large roleplay community on the site, people interacting with character accounts. Lots of superhero and villains stuff, monsters, pokemon, etc. That's when the site kinda took off for me.

For a 1 week, about a year or so back, I did an RPG with some guys using Predator/Yautja accounts, I turned the tables on them and hunted them with @theSkaarj & @KrallWarriors... which turned out to be a lot of fun. Haven't done much with those since but I'm looking into it.

Mainly, as I run a few news accounts on twitter, I've been critiquing some other twits (all Twitter users are Twits) with @NewsOfTheSkaarj.

Does anyone else do anything fun with Unreal/UT in the Twitterverse?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Re: Twitter Unreal

Post by Hellkeeper »

That sounds fund, but I can't help but think there's some fun RPGing to do with actual maps in the game. Except instead of writing a scenario, the DM makes a basic map and then spawn stuff with admin commands on the server...
You must construct additional pylons.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Twitter Unreal

Post by EvilGrins »

Hellkeeper wrote:Except instead of writing a scenario, the DM makes a basic map and then spawn stuff with admin commands on the server...
I ran an RPG called @AssaultOnGotham on twitter, not at all UT/Unreal based, in 2012. A main account for scenarios, a few active characters to move the story along, and I opened it up to RPers I knew pretty well to play in. All told, I was informed it was one of the best RPGs on Twitter any of them had been in, as much for the storyline as the structure.

So, it'd be possible to setup a scenario for an Unreal RPG. Main account, probably some map overlays of an area, a few "mod" accounts to get the story going and introduce plot elements, and then it would just be about finding good players for it.

Tricky but not impossible.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758