www.unrealtournament.info down... Planned or hacked?

Discussions about everything else
DLD-RABBIT
Average
Personal rank: *...*

Re: www.unrealtournament.info down... Planned or hacked?

Post by DLD-RABBIT »

Hook's forums and it's troll founder and members can burn in hell for all I care
:tu:
@ RABBIT
that's not really helpful right now.
@ RABBIT
@ RABBIT
@ RABBIT

No rebuke?
Well we are waiting :P
It's going to be hot for alot of people who visit Hook's forum :mad2:
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

Also crossposted the relevant quote from http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/post ... tml#p21109
Darkelarious wrote:
Nelsona wrote:
Mike wrote:I do not know why they think we are all unethical here - where did they get that from? and WHY?
I don't know but I might suspect a few points - are just my thoughts: (...)
Hook wanted to provide a platform where people can discuss their stuff, regardless of the prejudices of others. Such is his good right and so he did. If we as members trash the place, then don't look at the host who opened the door for us.
TheDane wrote:
Mike wrote:billybill and TheDane keep flaming and slandering our good safe forums here!
Indirectly they are also including UT99.org, and other good forums and sites too, since we do share many good, ethical members and good, ethical staff members.
Almost every post they make has some flaming and/or slander about Hook or Hook's (OUR) forum.
I do not know why they think we are all unethical here - where did they get that from? and WHY?
There is absolutely NO reason for their flaming and lies.
They even question Dr.Flay's ethics!!! :o
It has got to STOP!
The only thing that needs to stop is you speaking about stuff you know nothing about. I will not take any drama here, what I post on other forums you can reply to at the proper place. If you won't reply to anything I said at the proper forums it will only show that you come short. Again, I won't debate it here, if you found something I wrote somewhere that offended you or anyone else, then speak there, not here, I won't comment any further on this matter.
Mike's post is emotional and so is yours, which --for the record-- I can perfectly imagine.

The posts, also at ut99.org, can be viewed from two perspectives; "Dr.Flay is mod at Hook's, therefore he is a pooptard like the rest of them" and "Dr.Flay is a mod at Hook's, which makes him part of one community which might cause him to be biased towards non-hook users". Both you and I know that you are trying to point out that Flay is already involved in other forums and may therefore not be your #1 choice to run your former forum too. A perfectly normal response.

However, I do not understand why you allow yourself (and: many others on various forums!) to be instigated by an incorrect interpretation of somebody else's words. If you know that their interpretation is not, then why bother responding to it? Why do people value bullshit-talk so much these days, while genuine intentions are left cold? If it's only a few people going all flame-war after misinterpreted words, why make such a fuzz out of it? Do you have any idea how much garbage people said about me and 333networks? It wasn't until the point where there are technical misunderstandings before I took the time to explain the necessary parts. Everything else, I just ignore. There is no point in talking back to a bunch of trolls. It only feeds them (yes, yes, sure there are people going nuts over whom I might have called trolls at this point).
For those who can't or won't read: I can understand TheDane's motivation not to pick Dr.Flay, but please quit with the flamewar/drama because one person says something mean.

Is there still a topic to get back on? Or do we dress up in black for unrealtournament.info's funeral? I'm with billybill on this one, just let it get archived (hopefully for a longer period than until August) and then we will see whether somebody else starts a forum to continue developing.
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

billybill wrote:And Hook's forums and it's troll founder and members can burn in hell for all I care
Rabbit is right ...please refrain from bashing other forums and their members here on UT99.org
If you have a bone to pick with the guys from Hook then go there and tell them directly.
Same goes for everyone who has an axe to grind with us ...we have the Suggestion, Criticism, Questions sub-forum. Tell us what you don't like.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Dr.Flay wrote:This thread will go nowhere fast, as you will not make The Dane change his mind.
What if I bribed him with a cookie?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

hmm .. Being a Member of Pretty much all the boards across UT I keep coming back here ... why?

because here is where the action is ;) , at least for UT/99

this game is in all of our veins and believe it or not ... most of us will never truely leave.. (hotel california) - therefore we may
Checkout from time to time at best.

now, .info is only going to grow and expand if you Dane and you Jack "kiss and make up" (reading between the lines here)

BB needs to be reprimanded for Trolling and Shit-Stirring (normal behaviour) and all will be right with the world :D

for without Dane & Jack , UT.info is pretty much dead.. why? because they are pretty much the last 2 senior developers for the engine WILLING
to help others realize their own personal projects.. hence UT.info..

This whole - Smearing Shit all over our screens in 99 different communities with a huge ass Cloak is NOT the way to resolve anything IMHO.

@evil...
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Just to close up my participation in this I am going to stop hosting the Sync folder of the source codes. It went out to about a dozen people and there's been no activity for a couple of days. If you didn't get a copy and you want it just email me (don't use the board PM, I don't get the notification). If you want to make a new Sync and continue sharing it then by all means please do.

The people who wanted the admin/security stuff have gotten it too so I'll be closing that Sync also. Please don't share that forward but I'm reasonably sure you already know that.

If I have time I'll answer email questions concerning code but I won't be doing any further work. Please consult Nelsona with any MH related questions, he's obviously the go-to guy on this. I hope someone gives him a home he can use and that the community supports his incredible efforts.

It's been a tremendous amount of fun raging back and forth with all of you guys over the years. I very honestly have no real anger towards anyone, it was all just the 'game within the game' and it was a *blast* to play. There's a common denominator in the long-time UT people: a streak of social deviance. This isn't a bad thing, in fact it lends itself to creating some massively entertaining exchanges, but try not to take it too literally. We all "hate" on each other like a bunch of brothers. Yeah, you get genuinely angry from time to time but you know in your heart that it only goes so far. We all poke and prod each other's cuts and bruises just to see the person wince but it's done while laughing with and not at.

Fuck you Dane!
No, fuck you Kelly!
I hate you D.
No, I hate you more.
Hold on, I'm getting banged hard by some Chinese IP's trying to get into my server admin.
Unblock me from email, I'm sending you my HOSTS file. When you get it, I'll walk you through updating yours to prevent this.

And so it goes, and I loved every minute of it. Peace brothers and Happy New Year.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I'll email you at some point since I could probably benefit somewhat from the files. I hold everyone with respect except for those who never showed up here but were willing to start all of this or throw stones. Days passed and still nothing? Shows who the little girls of the community are. I can fully see what you are saying though, and someone who faced death in the eye would say something like that. @Wises keep chasing that cheese

nelsona's work definitely should have more attention, may I suggest a MH 504 thread on these forums
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

k.
Last edited by Wises on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Wrong thread Wises.
Syntax-Error
Novice
Personal rank: Admin & Player

Post by Syntax-Error »

Hey guys...

Since I started this thread with the question:
Syntax-Error wrote:Did anyone hear if this was planned, or was meant as a joke or that they perhaps were hacked?
and that question was answered, I guess it is time to lock this thread.

The answer to this question was quite clear: TheDane closed down unrealtournament.info, as he announce quite recently on his board.
The initial idea from TheDane was to keep the forum up and running (in locked mode) until the domain would expire in august, but unfortunatly, he chose to close it down just the other day again.

I respect his decision, but I think it's a damn shame for losing such a great resource.

Can someone please close the door on the way out (thread lock?).
Thanks!

Syntax-Error
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Syntax-Error wrote: Can someone please close the door on the way out (thread lock?).
Thanks!
As you wish.

If you want to have the thread opened again, drop me a PM.

Closed.