NW3 Ultra Gore SSE

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: NW3 Ultra Gore SSE

Post by JackGriffin »

Ballistics blood isn't a good way to test "is it ready" since that mod itself has issues and isn't finished.

I'll tell you what, Smirf and the guys who are still creating content for Unreal 227 are running rings around the things available for UT. The argument that 227 is superior to UT in nearly every way can easily be made and it shows in the toolbox that's ready to be used. I was shocked at how much I was able to simply delete from my coop controller by moving to that base. Problems disappear that have been consistent issues, both in the mod itself and in the playable maps. I was able to remove EVERY single weapon replacement I had been using and about 95% of the non-teleporter map "repairs". My controller fell from 30+ classes to 2. Yeah, two.

Someone would be very wise to consider jumping over and bringing some of the great mods with them like Monsterhunt, etc and redoing them there. The Ultragore mod I'm using is only an example of what's possible in that framework.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Hehe, yeah true enough, Ballistics already has problems.
Indeed the ease of replacing items in UEd2.1 is such a blissful relief if you change your mind half way through a map.
The Firetrucks mod also looks very inspiring for those wanting to add more feedback and story aspects.
The potential for rich and dynamic Unreal SP games has gone through the roof.
UEd2 was always a nice tool, but 2.1 is real a pleasure to use. Going back to v2 feels like someone cut my fingers off.
Even the pathing is easier due to extra feedback in the views, so less broken pathing before you even test.

I even play UT in Unreal now most of the time, as my new PC has the power to use the shadows on everything.
Maps with lots of decos (especially trees), look fantastic.
It feels a little different to play, but it also feels better all-round.
A finalised, and rock-solid Botpack would allow us to completely jump ship, ironically backwards and forwards at the same time.
For the mean-time linking both installs and adding the ported missing parts is the best option.
Feralis last map looks and sounds amazing in Unreal227. Very shiny indeed.
brandandon

Post by brandandon »

papercoffee wrote:
SC]-[LONG_{HoF} wrote:I've noticed that even if I turn off the skeleton its still gets rendered in the game.
yup ...here the same.
I tried the SSEa version again and everything works fine ...the SSEb version ignores the ini.
I am sure this is way late but if you load the mod locally then configure it through the menu it creates a NWconfig.ini and that is what it uses instead of the other i then loaded that file to the server.. I have another noob question about this mut. Is there a way to set it to spawn chunks for fall damage and regular shot damage (i.e. getting shot but not killed with sniper rifle)

Thanks
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Post by Torax »

Dr.Flay wrote:I even play UT in Unreal now most of the time
Erm... i missed something?
How the hell you play UT in Unreal?
Sory for off-topic but it seems i'm really behind the times
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

brandandon wrote:
papercoffee wrote:
SC]-[LONG_{HoF} wrote:I've noticed that even if I turn off the skeleton its still gets rendered in the game.
yup ...here the same.
I tried the SSEa version again and everything works fine ...the SSEb version ignores the ini.
I am sure this is way late but if you load the mod locally then configure it through the menu it creates a NWconfig.ini and that is what it uses instead of the other i then loaded that file to the server.. I have another noob question about this mut. Is there a way to set it to spawn chunks for fall damage and regular shot damage (i.e. getting shot but not killed with sniper rifle)

Thanks
As far as I know ...no there is no way. without coding something new.
But maybe it's better to ask Feralidragon directly.
He is a little bit active on Moddb.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Dr. Flay, when NW3 first came out, showed screenshots that he's either got a mod that let's him NW3 in Unreal1 or something that makes ut99 look like Unreal1.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

He can play UT stuff in Unreal... damn ...can't find the thread where he explained it.
Dr. Walter
Novice
Personal rank: living failure

Post by Dr. Walter »

Last edited by Dr. Walter on Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
* ... get dunked on
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:He can play UT stuff in Unreal... damn ...can't find the thread where he explained it.
Figured it might be in the Screenshots for Fun thread, so I skimmed it.

Here · viewtopic.php?p=44716#p44716
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Emperor
Average
Personal rank: Rtma Eros Paragon

Post by Emperor »

Love the mod, gives better, more satisfying kills/deaths compared to the exploding into several checks then evaporating, I have a problem tho, for some reason certain maps crash, like DM-Pressure, can I get some help with this please?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Emperor wrote:I have a problem tho, for some reason certain maps crash, like DM-Pressure, can I get some help with this please?
The mod may crash maps but due to a reason which is beyond my control: this mod spawns a lot of decals (for the blood on the walls), and the engine sometimes just randomly crashes when decals are created, and a higher number of decals increases the likelihood for this to happen, although I may spam the map with decals for the entire match and it never crashing, it's really random, and it is map-dependent (some maps are more susceptible than others, generally outdoor maps are more likely to crash).

Having that said however, I have played DM-Pressure quite a lot with this mod (namely NW3 as a whole, there was populated a server running NW3 DM), and I don't remember it ever crashing there.

So I wonder: could you post here a screenshot of the crash message that appears to you to confirm if it's this kind of crash is decal-related or not?
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

Feralidragon wrote:may crash maps
Better sit this one out. He wants to talk to someone who knows the mod.
(/s)

Is that the CanSeeMe thing Ferali?

BTW, I've used this and the Unreal version over hundreds of maps and I've never seen it crash. I've got some insane maps on my MH server too so it should have reared it's crashy head if there was a substantial problem. Can you post your log Emp? There might be something else going on.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I bet it's the pressure chamber trap.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I've had quite a few crashes over the years (playing offline and using NW3UltraGoreSSEb) of the same type as this one 120#p66064 - to do with BloodTrails and CleanupDestroyed. I switched to Q3Gore for that reason but, reading through this thread, it seems that NW3UltraGoreSSEa may give rise to fewer problems and so I'm now running that - without any crashes thus far.
JackGriffin
Godlike

Post by JackGriffin »

I wonder if this is a result of running the gore mod at too high a setting? I went a bit conservative because it's immediately obvious that the effects are increased and improved, so there's no great benefit in trying to push it way over to crazy.