Unreal Tournament from China!

Discussions about everything else
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Unreal Tournament from China!

Post by Carbon »

Neat! Still sealed...the plastic wrap is pretty rough but the game box underneath looks perfect. Anyhow, a cool edition.

papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Unreal Tournament from China!

Post by papercoffee »

:???: Why is the Brandenburg Gate on the cover there?
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

papercoffee wrote::???: Why is the Brandenburg Gate on the cover there?
What the fuck?

Yeah, nice find

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I cannot see the pictures (no idea why). But I wouldn't be surprised at all if 0% of what you paid went to Epic. Assuming they still have copies available and it wasn't a second-hand store like ebay. I'm just pointing this out, I know you are a collector which makes it a must-have item
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Welcome to China. I have no idea why the Brandenburg gate is there....not my circus, not my monkeys. :P I'm just glad to have the game. I have the whole UT series now from China thanks to a student of mine who shares my affinity for old PC games. In China - like Japan - games cannot be legally exported making it tough to get them.

Much of my physical collection is documented over at BUF: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=202542 A few new additions are not yet posted there.

I could have posted them here, but a little too off-topic from most of the content; not UT99-specific (and you folks are surely tired of seeing them!).

As for who got what, Epic got their money when these games were first ordered by whatever store was selling them back in '99. How long they linger in that store, when they are sold, how and to whom they are sold is of no consequence to Epic anymore; they got paid a long time ago.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

papercoffee wrote::???: Why is the Brandenburg Gate on the cover there?
Because why not! Do you think the Chinese know what it is? :P
You must construct additional pylons.