Just bought..........

Discussions about everything else
Red_Fist
Godlike

Just bought..........

Post by Red_Fist »

2008 Frontlines Fuel of War. I must say some of the peoples opinion reviews are so wrong.
It has good graphics WTF are they talking about.
It has no story ? what the hell do they want. The story is the intro, it has things to do. do they want MYST lol, or the enemy to walk up after you die and say "I shot you" I mean just how much "story" is there on a War "Frontline" ?
It lags, no it don't everything maxed out.
It has too many drones, ya well so what.

I think the people who complained about the game are either board by default and don't have any patience to play through, too hard, too short, too something.

The music is fine, ok by me
Uses Unreal engine (can't find the editor but that's ok)

I paid $1 at the dollar store sealed NEW, 15 gigabytes of game !!

I installed each patch, and you need that legacy NVidia PhysX install, game runs perfectly.

can't find any good games these days anyway, all this Xbox and PS2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 ruined things, too many crappy games, I hate consoles, the PC rulez.

Now everybody thinks a computer is to play SimCity

All that work, all those meshes and everything degraded down to sell for $1 :cry:
Binary Space Partitioning
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Just bought..........

Post by papercoffee »

Well, all of the PC games are later (or at the same time) exported to consoles ...PCs have still the biggest selection of games but to be honest, I can understand the majority, who only wants to play and not to mod for a game. Open the console, put game in it and play... on the other side PCs have many different OS, a bazillion of components and parts (all manufactured from different companies). All this must be considered if you want to play a game. With a great high-end machine can you play games for a long time ...but the next game will push your rig to the limits and the game experience will suffer.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

well you could join the "steam community", or other communities like "ea origin" etc... I have to say it's been a long time now since I bought a pc game retail. I buy from steam mostly (they often offer good deals), and now origin as well (cause some titles are not available through steam) bought plenty of retail games xbox/360/One (well, major titles)... methinks PC still alive and kicking in the "online store world"...
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

FraGnBraG wrote:well you could join the "steam community", or other communities like "ea origin" etc... I have to say it's been a long time now since I bought a pc game retail. I buy from steam mostly (they often offer good deals), and now origin as well (cause some titles are not available through steam) bought plenty of retail games xbox/360/One (well, major titles)... methinks PC still alive and kicking in the "online store world"...
Steam made an own controller ...and the plans for a linux based steam console sounds also pretty interesting.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I am one who wants to "own" the disks and case, type thing. But if anyone wanted to hack this game there is a ton of resources in it. not sure what version Unreal engine or editor, it has those UPK packages and the ,burnt, cooked, fried PC directory that don't let anyone edit maps, crap in it.

I am on a vehicle map now, each map has spots you see to goto and flip a switch or do some thing. all in all it's an amazing thing while paying $1.00

Oh another complaint was, how stupid the AI is, but all they are doing is repeating things as like map help, like "this area is clear". but the bots do exactly what they are supposed to do be it dumb or not. They tag along and follow through every possible structure, they don't do much killing since the game is supposed to have the player do all the killing and shots and goals. Pretty sure I can turn off the map hints and them saying things like that.

Maybe I just appreciate how unreal works and mapping and AI, more than the typical, buy game, play for a second, buy another game etc, gamers.

I do have one complaint, is when you go outside of a play area they start making you die like someone is shooting at you. but they call it open world. I just wish you could hang out in those places or walk around and see stuff without being hurt forcing me and warning me to stay in the areas they allow.
Binary Space Partitioning