Problem with Bot. A.I. Scripting

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Gadavre
Skilled

Problem with Bot. A.I. Scripting

Post by Gadavre »

In my Mutator Bot can't play with me normally duel..At first he behaves normally, but if I don't kill him, he through some time stops shooting at me. How it can be fixed? What code can i add ?
Last edited by Gadavre on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Problem with Bot

Post by papercoffee »

We are bad at guessing games ...we need more information.
What mutator?
Which map?
What UT version?
And please try to refine your English a little bit ... I have problems to understand your post.
See, English is also not my native tongue.
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

I created the sniper mutator. My mutator deletes from maps all but sniper rifles and Bulletboxes. The Mutator was tested on the DM-Agony map (1 on 1). Version of game 436.
At first the bot behaves normally. It selects ammunition and continues to shoot at me. I don't shoot at it, I wait for full defeat. At some point the Bot ceases to shoot at me. He jumps nearby,he want to kill me, but can't make a shot.
If I kill the Bot, he after the Respawn again continues to shoot at me. How to fix this A.I bug? Or its bug of the game? Or its idea of Developers?

p.s Thanks for your attention to my problem. I very much want to make the interesting serious mutator!
Last edited by Gadavre on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Gadavre wrote:I created the sniper mutator. My mutator deletes from maps all but sniper rifles and Bulletboxes. The Mutator was tested on the DM-Agony map (1 on 1). Version of game 436.
At first the bot behaves normally. It selects ammunition and continues to shoot at me. I don't shoot at it, I wait for full defeat. At some point the Bot ceases to shoot at me. He jumps nearby, but can't make a shot.
If I kill the Bot, he after the Respawn again continues to shoot at me. How to fix this A.I bug? Or its bug of the game?

p.s Thanks for your attention to my problem. I very much want to make the interesting serious mutator!
It sounds more like a bug in your mutator.
Maybe should you upload your code here so our coder guys can look into it and find the error.

Btw. Wormbo's mutator Arena Match does exactly what you try to achieve.
http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/d ... tch122.zip
You can select in the mutator menu any weapon you have installed and make infinity ammo or ammo pick-up around the map.
It's pretty fun to play around with.
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

papercoffee wrote:
Gadavre wrote: Btw. Wormbo's mutator Arena Match does exactly what you try to achieve.
http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/d ... tch122.zip
You can select in the mutator menu any weapon you have installed and make infinity ammo or ammo pick-up around the map.
It's pretty fun to play around with.
Thank you! I test it right now.

Edit------------------------by papercoffee

Please avoid double posts next time.
Last edited by Gadavre on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
UT99.org

Re: Problem with Bot. A.I. Scripting

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I can probably give you a snippet to help you. Do you know how to compile with Umake?

Let me get this straight though, bot gives up on living target? I didn't know they did this, have you tried setting their accuracy AI higher?

And second thing you wanted to change is when bot respawns it should not go after revenge and should instead wander like it's first spawn in map? Am I reading you right?
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

billybill wrote:Do you know how to compile with Umake?
Yes i do
billybill wrote: I didn't know they did this, have you tried setting their accuracy AI higher?
Why?The difficulties Godlike Bots play almost perfectly. We can also change their settings in the game. about another A.I Features I know nothing
billybill wrote: And second thing you wanted to change is when bot respawns it should not go after revenge and should instead wander like it's first spawn in map? Am I reading you right?
I would like only that Bot in my mutator ALWAYS shoot, always...He suddenly stops shooting at me.You can check it.
p.s For instance in mutator WORM theres no such problem But there we can't define Damage, quantity of Bullets in a rifle and Ammo and time of their respaun.And it is very sad that there is no universal mutator of a sniper arena. You see?
Last edited by Gadavre on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Wow... a triple-post!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Hey why don't you take the good code from WORM then? I've never used WORM or know anything about it. So *all* you want is the part that makes the bot AI not switch between attacking state and freelance state for no reason? Well the reason would be a timer wouldn't it? Two things come to mind, an actor, which I was going to make you, it would check to see what each bot is doing and record the info and make sure it stays on it. Or second extend (subclass) the BOT AI class and make any changes. You'd then have to make sure that class was used for their AI instead of the old one. I can't say I've done this but from sound of it WORM does it, Higor's BotZ probably does it. The fear I have in doing this is you would have to subclass whatever is using the bot AI class (the bot class itself), which would be time consuming and you might have to subclass even the game type in order to use the custom subclassed bots. Hope I didn't lose ya there
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

From your description, it sorta sounds like the bot is running out of ammo.

Have you seen it pickup ammo? Perhaps there needs to be more of it around.....
blarg
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

billybill wrote: The fear I have in doing this is you would have to subclass whatever is using the bot AI class (the bot class itself), which would be time consuming and you might have to subclass even the game type in order to use the custom subclassed bots. Hope I didn't lose ya there
I very badly understand Unreal Script. Therefore I also created this Topic. If you can help, please write a code.

EDIT----------------- by papercoffee
MrLoathsome wrote:From your description, it sorta sounds like the bot is running out of ammo.

Have you seen it pickup ammo? Perhaps there needs to be more of it around.....
I have seen it pickup ammo. After a series of inexact shots it stops to shoot suddenly. I press F5.The Bot can have 10,11 or 12 bullets (14 maximum ammo).I won't understand that the Bot wants. It has everything for Shooting
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

@ Gadavre
Please refrain from double posting to answer to individual people. Use the Edit button instead.
Gadavre
Skilled

Post by Gadavre »

How to remove all ammo from Maps?