Test my MH map, DONE, made for bots.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Test my MH map, done. made for bots.

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote:he grab has nothing to do with me, but I just checked the movers in question and those are the waypoints so when the bot hits it, it causes the mover to work (the buttons) That must be the way the guy (Shrimp ?) wrote the code to work.
This is MH 5.04 with logs - IT has to do with mapping not with Shrimp. Shrimp did not touch movers, he could fix issues but it was in purpose to let maps alone as done in original. It says: RTFM for movers.
Next console:

Code: Select all

DevPath: 1000 navigation nodes searched from LiftExit17!
DevPath: 1000 navigation nodes searched from PathNode71!
DevPath: 1000 navigation nodes searched from PathNode254!
ScriptLog: no path to alarm
Also this has direct link with stuck because is already Out of Engine.
To Factory subject - using trigger to start Factory.

ScriptWarning: Counter MH-Electrolyte.Counter8 (Function Engine.Counter.Trigger:018E) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: Counter MH-Electrolyte.Counter8 (Function Engine.Counter.Trigger:018E) Accessed None
Bot works but... sometimes not based on a spamy load:

DevPath: 1000 navigation nodes searched from AlarmPoint13!
ScriptLog: MH-Electrolyte.TMale2Bot0 health 0 had no weapon
ScriptWarning: TMale2Bot MH-Electrolyte.TMale2Bot0 (Function Botpack.Bot.TacticalMove.Timer:0074) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TMale2Bot MH-Electrolyte.TMale2Bot0 (State Botpack.Bot.RangedAttack:0125) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TMale2Bot MH-Electrolyte.TMale2Bot0 (Function Botpack.Bot.TacticalMove.PickRegDestination:00F0) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TMale2Bot MH-Electrolyte.TMale2Bot0 (Function Botpack.Bot.TacticalMove.Timer:0074) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TMale2Bot MH-Electrolyte.TMale2Bot0 (Function Botpack.Bot.Roaming.PickDestination:01CA) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TMale2Bot MH-Electrolyte.TMale2Bot0 (Function Botpack.Bot.Roaming.PickDestination:0625) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TMale2Bot MH-Electrolyte.TMale2Bot0 (Function Botpack.Bot.Roaming.PickDestination:08C6) Accessed None
You simply went over engine and Bot started to get messy.
EvilGrins wrote:Screenshots in the "for Fun" thread probably tomorrow, gotta wait so it's not a double post.
And logs for Screenshots, please if you don't mind.

Solutions proposals:
- reduce the number of paths by using some triggers to launch Bot into a Nearest Visible Node if has nothing closer and wanders at walls;
- Ask Higor if using bOneWayPath helps in reducing navigation problems;
- try to respect at least 500 600 UU between nodes;
- use less ammo spots and increase SpawnTime at 2-3 seconds, do not add Pathnodes near Ammo or other Inventories;
- PlayerStart - Useless more than 16 pieces, they just generate paths bugging things - I think 10 pieces higher placed might be more helpful;
- a fat a$$ like Brutes aren't pawns friendly with navigating to alarms, you can slow down this chapter for Big guys.

Edit>
Higor wrote:- Locate player start, query collision hash for visible players.
- If occupied, spawn player right next to the occupant.
I think UT doesn't allow player on Player spawn-telefrag (because I did no see it) but for sure Bot kills everything which breaths.
Higor wrote:Otherwise, you can ALWAYS alter the Spawn routine in GameInfo @sektor2111.
Into some MH2 I have support for 32 Hunters (Goty's Usual Limit ?)
Last edited by sektor2111 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

The best way to do player starts clumped together in the same spot... is to locate them in a separate zone where they generate no connections.
Then move them post-pathing (mid air so they don't become 'home' eligible).

Otherwise, you can ALWAYS alter the Spawn routine in GameInfo @sektor2111.
This is an idea I had in mind to solve obvious issues with maps with less than 8 player starts, etc.
- Locate player start, query collision hash for visible players.
- If occupied, spawn player right next to the occupant.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Red_Fist wrote:.... OH do both UTX files work ?
Well I just used the normal big one and everythings fine...

@eg - what's your framerate like in the ramp room? reason i ask is it's not too obvious why it's gone bad there, I should be getting around 50-60 fps for the brush & lighting detail i'm seeing - i'll bet some tweaks to the lighting might fix it since the Framerate gets better the higher up the ramps I go...

Some won't care about this, but we don't want any lagging if we can help it - especially if there's BOT/NPC snipers around and lots of rocket fire !!!! I've seen more detail than this running at almost 60 FPS with waves of spammy craziness so there's got to be something going on --- i could go digging around in the editor, but maybe Red_Fist wants to check it out first instead... ?

imo, worth a try to fix it if another build is going to follow...

****EDIT ****
Holy crap is this thread full of info!!!

"1000 pathnodes reached" messages -- i think this is a really bad sign for a path-network -- I know this error message can fill up the log file in-game and can even cause slow-downs (i've done this many times in big CTF and Assault maps, lol).. have to simplify the nodes ... noobish question - will monsters (placed or factory) affect the network in any way? or just BOTs?
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

see. can't even get rid of that first upload, aaarg, @evilgrins, re download, that one is messed up HOM and that lift is.
deleted.

No it's not typos, I mean "Lever" as in button-switch, the other one was but that is the bad map.

As for too many botpaths most of it is that last room I only did what I could do with the least amount of paths and have it work like I wanted.

The last room does lag, it's mainly because of the size and I used some high radius lights, and a bunch of other lights, so it will probably lag.

There is only one spot the bots or pawns run into a wall and it's because of the teleporter on the pillar. They walk into the base of that pillar that is why you see the healthvials.
My very first map I ever made, AND even in UT2004, bots on high pillars will just jump off and there was plenty of space on the tops of the pillars !!. Not one person ever helped or tried to explain why that happens. Yep first map waaaay back that also had teleporters on it, the damn bots would just jump off, with purpose, and no paths at all, other than blocking there is not one thing that would stop them.

I redone the same map in UT2004, and to my surprise they did the same damn thing.

As for the log info, I would not read too much into that since I am doing a few unconventional things, so it might not be the traditional info for other maps. Pretty sure this is MH version 5.3 the same ol same ol one, that's what the credits say anyway.

I guess I suppose I should fix that last ramp issue, the best thing would be to just remake that ramp brush and it would work right away.

I will checkout that counter 8 and that alarm point, thanks.

Counter8 is set to 65, but with 64 gasbags, however the first event comes from a dispatcher and is working like it should.

alarm 13 does show paths. I could check that whole section tags-events thing maybe.
Binary Space Partitioning
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Strategically, I was a bit bugged there was no shock rifle available early on. Most maps with flies or mantas on them have that just before running into them as its the ideal weapon for fighting them.

You've got lots of monsters I've not heard of before, but as your upload doesn't have a .u anywhere in it I'm assuming they're monsters you customized specifically for the map; nice job on that!
sektor2111 wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:Screenshots in the "for Fun" thread probably tomorrow, gotta wait so it's not a double post.
And logs for Screenshots, please if you don't mind.
I don't mind, but I already got them uploaded and hadn't thought of anything to go with... just need to wait to post them.
sektor2111 wrote:I think UT doesn't allow player on Player spawn-telefrag (because I did no see it)
Oh, it does. I've seen it plenty on lots of maps.
FraGnBraG wrote:@eg - what's your framerate like in the ramp room?
Not sure, but I never looked all the way up when I was playing. Mostly at a slight angle as I was dodging the SniperTroopers, to snipe them back after I worked out where the sniper rifle was.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
FraGnBraG
Inhuman

Post by FraGnBraG »

you have high-shadow detail on every surface in that ramp room... That's killing your framerate, plain and simple. Use normal (unchecked) setting. If you must have it then put it on the floor only - and thinking of that, imo it isn't really worth the perfo hit it causes. You could experiment with low-shadow detail if you want some really black shadows, but again nobody's gonna stand around looking at the floor shadows when there's little annoying mini skaarj pestering you, lol :P

That's all there is to it...
mh_electrolyte_Image4.jpg
This is the zip i downloaded... is there a newer one?

I just rechecked t hat link and the file is the same one as i have...

Now I'm off to hunt with some of my BOT-buddies ;D
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I tend to keep my detail high, when I'm playing in practice sessions with bots. Only ever lowered it for LAN games, and sometimes online...
...but I didn't have any real slow down details or lighting issues.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

FraGnBraG wrote:you have high-shadow detail on every surface in that ramp room... That's killing your framerate, plain and simple. Use normal (unchecked) setting. If you must have it then put it on the floor only - and thinking of that, imo it isn't really worth the perfo hit it causes. You could experiment with low-shadow detail if you want some really black shadows, but again nobody's gonna stand around looking at the floor shadows when there's little annoying mini skaarj pestering you, lol :P

That's all there is to it...
mh_electrolyte_Image4.jpg
This is the zip i downloaded... is there a newer one?

I just rechecked t hat link and the file is the same one as i have...

Now I'm off to hunt with some of my BOT-buddies ;D
The one without that HOM, is the one now with the current link. delete that other thing.

It looks like Evilgrins also has that HOM bad map.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman

Post by FraGnBraG »

Red_Fist wrote:If there is any problems post away, I am calling it done, unless it needs a crucial fix. like a missing file etc etc. let me know, and-or let me know if running on a server it crashes or not, it should be ok though, thanks.

check it out !!!
If it works I would appreciate the map being uploaded on other sites, thanks.

Make sure you copy over any existing file other than UTtech4 texture file.

I did not try a test map yet, but another awesome use for the propertychanger would be you could dynamically change the MaxDesireability property on the fly. Meaning you could make the bots want to go to a section of the map and then change their motivation once the previous goal was met.

Now I can check out the 512 maps. :thuup:
I just got this one (again) and it has the hom...

Is there another link somewhere else?

Maybe you could put the link in your signature so that would be the one location to get the latest map?

**** EDIT *****
Removed live link cause Red_Fist posted a new link..
Last edited by FraGnBraG on Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I got the latest download, although I kept my UTtech4 rather than replaced it because mine's bigger and applies to a bunch of different maps.

The HOM remains, in that little control room that the map never allows us to access.

I don't mind, it's kinda pretty.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

loL slime ball I mean right at the beginning it's soooo bad, lolzzzzzzz, well WTF killin me. anyway that lift in the last room is what is causing the HOM at the start area..
I will recheck the zip.

and could someone give me a place to download the other UTtech4 ? thanks in advance.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, screenshots are up · viewtopic.php?p=71870#p71870 · with just a smidge more map-review just under them.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

FraGnBraG wrote:****EDIT ****
Holy crap is this thread full of info!!!
Log speaks a lot and console is the best debugger friend.
Let's see other nasty-load related things.

Ramps.
There are located some LiftExit-LiftCenter-LiftExit combos which indeed helps in small nasty places but this time they are loading paths useless. I found pathing bugs from ramps and they might work without to ruin alarms. Try to avoid BlockPath to next WayPoint if there is no alternate route available because Bot will stop attacking - else will scan aggressive all Path-Network wandering. If is killed in Pupae zone Bot has no reason to turn in area only if is curious about some item.

Teleporters
Works without to add PathNodes into teleporters - will cause another load with paths.

Will be OK to see Editor.log after exiting from a session - Save As MyDebug.log and open it. Open editor and rework the zone with paths said "Warning,.... might be too close". I'm speaking about a separate log because usually is handy to work like that when more things were wrong first time.

This map can be fully operational with a couple of fixes.

Factory - any type - can be placed to replace trigger which initially fires it up. Pawn simply touch factory without to bug Counter with trigger - Allow only player to touch it bOnlyPlayerTouched = True.
EvilGrins wrote:
sektor2111 wrote:I think UT doesn't allow player on Player spawn-telefrag (because I did no see it)
Oh, it does. I've seen it plenty on lots of maps.
Example, please, I said PLAYER VS PLAYER and I'm curious in which map happens this because 3 years ago an admin removed a MH Map when all time players were spawned into a cylinder where anyone got stucked into each-other - NO TELEFRAG, :P. Later server crashed successfully based on collision problems - it was simply retarded mapping in there done in purpose to crash servers :loool: .
FraGnBraG
Inhuman

Post by FraGnBraG »

sektor2111 wrote: ...
Factory - any type - can be placed to replace trigger which initially fires it up. Pawn simply touch factory without to bug Counter with trigger - Allow only player to touch it bOnlyPlayerTouched = True.
hmm, so in this case the thing/creatue factory _is_ the trigger...
sektor2111 wrote: ...it was simply retarded mapping in there done in purpose to crash servers :loool: ....
man, what kind of *shithead* would do that !? is there a list of these known "bad" maps anywhere?

@Red_Fist -- here you go...
UTtech4.zip
(10.93 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Thanks FnB got it.

I am going to do one more fix, only for the ramps and carve out space on the side pillars, that's all that is wrong.
I will see about that HOM business too weird.
So one more version coming, then I am done.

Also I have no worry about the botpathing amount, they tell you to add a pathnode in the center of a teleporter for some reason, I read years ago, from EPIC.