Map Vote Ultimate 2.1

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Map Vote Ultimate 2.1

Post by Deepu »

Last edited by Deepu on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Re: Map Vote Ultimate 2.1

Post by UTPe »

thanks for this update, I'm always interested in using evoluted mapvote systems ! :tu:
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Deepu
Adept

Post by Deepu »

Last edited by Deepu on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

hi,
now it's possible to change background color with SAY>!mvc command, nice but would it be possible to customize also the color of mapvote title (actually yellow) and list title (actually orange/red) ? and even the background (tile/color) used in a list ? :o
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I am requesting source-code of this map-vote because I like idea.

Q:Why I want source-code ?
A:Because I want to reconstruct a few things unchanged just moved.

History (Wiki based) problems to solve:
- Function into a script can get called from other script - IS NOT the same for an Event as used there > Super.Timer() and Super.Tick() In an old version I got rid of them and I did not see MapVote crashing just a smoother playground;
- Association of bIsPlayer with PlayerReplicationInfo is still amazing me in 2015 - ALL kind of games with monsters has chances to develop Errors. bIsPlayer && PlayerPawn(P) are pointless. PlayerPawn is always player;
- Epic recommended to not call Actor's PrebeginPlay it is EVENT anyway so I removed that in a prior version and it works fine.
- I have seen a code unwrapped "== BestP" but nobody checked "if (BestP != None)".

I'll be extremely grateful to except me from working in reconstructing source-code by linking to it, but if will be necessary I'll do that in my free time, because I have seen certain coding rules described at Wiki and issues toward ScriptedPawn so I wanna cleaned one available for all community because a few things aren't fixed.

Edit:
Interesting to look at MVCmds.uc

Code: Select all

if(P.IsA('Bot'))
	{
		Bot(P).ConsoleCommand("taunt wave");
	}
I did not know that you are so funny. Even Bot has Console? That's new to me.
Deepu
Adept

Post by Deepu »

Thanks for this suggestions. Do next version of Map Vote Ultimate!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Deepak O V wrote:Thanks for this suggestions. Do next version of Map Vote Ultimate!
And a tiny detail
code
class MapVoteHistory4 extends MapVoteHistory_INI Config(MapVoteHistory5);
/code
Maybe you want to put source-code into a private link and let me look over stuff.

Another request: Please put configurable TIPS address, probably people wants their own which can be updated later. By example LA13 has a hard-coded address which is no longer available and client deals only with errors. Will be necessary another value declared in replication, else you can quit using that because after a few years nobody will look there.
Deepu
Adept

Post by Deepu »

i am already added mapvote tips html file
Lemon
Novice

Post by Lemon »

Hi,
Thanks for your efforts, i appreciate your version since it provides more list and also because there's more space to show map names.

But i would like to point something, it seems the following settings are only valid for clients :

Code: Select all

backgroundColor=(R=0,G=0,B=100,A=0)
AS_BT_TextColor=(R=0,G=0,B=128,A=0)
DM_TDM_TextColor=(R=0,G=64,B=0,A=0)
DOM_iAS_TextColor=(R=64,G=0,B=64,A=0)
RA_CTF_TextColor=(R=0,G=64,B=64,A=0)
IDM_ICTF_TextColor=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
RCTF_RX_TextColor=(R=128,G=0,B=0,A=0)
LMS_SCR_TextColor=(R=88,G=38,B=217,A=0)
MM_SG_TextColor=(R=114,G=9,B=40,A=0)
if i change them on server it won't do any changes on clients (and thats the behavior i expected, to change default background color), they will get default color settings instead.
Is there a way to change the text color for CTF games (server side and for all clients) ?

edit: How-to add your own logo ? (should i do a texture package and add it to ServerPackage= ?)

Regards,
:o "One of the 600 admins for 200 players around" & "My server better no shit" movies are intellectual property of ©Terrible Sexual Life Productions
Think about it, game industry doesn't want you to buy one time and play for decades, they want you to buy a new game as soon as possible. Thats why UT99 still the best UT. :o
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Lemon wrote:Hi,
Thanks for your efforts, i appreciate your version since it provides more list and also because there's more space to show map names.
This is good, but I'll be glad to reconstruct this server-heart thing because I want smoother functionality not only VISUALS. Replication... eheh.
Deepu
Adept

Post by Deepu »

Thanks. But show me the errors!
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Deepak O V wrote:Thanks. But show me the errors!
He did?
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Lemon
Novice

Post by Lemon »

And whats that strange green thing that popup to the right after map switch ? (hoped for the logo but it seems not)
Show me some answers, thanks ! (thinking to move back to la13 as it looks obscure...)
:o "One of the 600 admins for 200 players around" & "My server better no shit" movies are intellectual property of ©Terrible Sexual Life Productions
Think about it, game industry doesn't want you to buy one time and play for decades, they want you to buy a new game as soon as possible. Thats why UT99 still the best UT. :o
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Chamberly wrote:He did?
This is tester's job.
So this source-code seems very secret. I have simply requested it trying to develop an option for custom DM related to a TIE game and to clean it a bit... but it looks like I have to work in decompiling it and later I'll drop source-code public as for MAPVOTELA13 because UT = SHARING it was not encrypted by Sweney and even UE4 is free - LOL. As long as MAPVOTELA13 has been released in public and used as base, then I simply don't understand why this selfish attitude since LA13 is basement.

And my conclusions about UL2.1:
- it does query for tips in India - it was not customizable as admin wants (probably will have the same faith as LA13 after years -- 404 error);
- it has useless codes like Super calls to events not functions;
- it has bIsPlayer calls with chances to see errors in games with Skaarjs and I know errors from old mapvote so I don't need them again; :loool:
- it saves a history in other file because of typo errors "4 vs 5";
- if Lemon said something about colors from client (I did not checked this) which means replication doesn't work properly;
- awaiting "news"..........

Also has an internal mod probably from proasm in order to enhance options - I did not checked that in detail. You see ? Not all game-types need that...
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Lemon wrote:And whats that strange green thing that popup to the right after map switch ? (hoped for the logo but it seems not)
Show me some answers, thanks ! (thinking to move back to la13 as it looks obscure...)
Logo :wink:
Just added to show that Mapvote is added and in working state.
Spoiler