Which anti-cheat is up to date ?

Discussions about UT99
aZ.Boy
Novice

Re: Which anti-cheat is up to date ?

Post by aZ.Boy »

Exactly as wises says that server uses NewNet and it improves both shoots and movement.

I remember a similar discussion regarding the anticheats: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5452

Is there any news from Anth Regarding ACE development since then?
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

TruthAlwaysEmerges wrote:Who don't believe may visit Mokum Classic and Fun server - which is without admin - even given e-mail address is invalid. It is practically flood by cheaters. Playing normal game there is now almost impossible.
Considering ZP - that's just an attempt to achieve impossible. Especially when player's lag (ping - what is not exactly the same) varies a lot during play.
I had funny case with so called "UT India server" - guy from India had ping of 250, me 50 . Then he said that server is in Germany :D It seems that my geographic knowledge is 0 . After that he slammed me. I asked ZP ? He said yes :D After 2 minutes more of nonsense he said that it is his server - so admin. I left immediately - had enough of moronic/cheating admins.
Haha. The server name does not say anything about the country, you could call it American Yankees but it is in china.
The guys there seem to be quite good, but they don´t use zeroping but Newnet, wich is a lot better than zeroping (my opinion). It makes games with people with high ping possible, without it, well, try it on Japan servers without nn or zp.

Why do you think that mokum server is without admins? I also don´t have valid email adresses on some of my servers. Some don´t have anticheat, because i don´t think that the people that regularly play there, are cheating. If they did, they would be catched on other servers and i would know that, or they have non detected stuff which makes Anticheat just useless.

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

It is like that, but certain things in Siege and NewNet things force players to be replicated at all times for correct functioning.
One of my goals, is to add a netcode hack so that you can see players camping up high positions (no need for HideNPeek) and stuff behind translucent surfaces.

This way at least Siege won't need to set bAlwaysRelevant = True on all players.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

@Higor

Is this post here ;
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5624&p=72795&hilit=Wises#p72795

Related to this thread by chance?

Soz I've been away for a Lil while...

Cheers.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

not a fan of newnet.. we run zp103. with your pc specs and bad internet connection yeah your gonna have a bad time playing. most ut servers and I know the =(V)= servers are configured for decent pc's and a decent connection. if your still playing on a P4 with just hyperthreading everyone is going to seem faster. I cant even imagine what video card you are running. I bet you warp all over the place.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Qwerty wrote: if your still playing on a P4 with just hyperthreading everyone is going to seem faster. I cant even imagine what video card you are running. I bet you warp all over the place.
:shock: Totaly wrong. UT'99 is able to run on Modems (DIAL-UP connections). Now days more admins runs servers in over-speed in a total rush (I find this pretty dumb - is only a game). I'm playing only for relaxing especially after a hard day at job. Such rushing servers don't awake my interest. Yes, I'm playing on P4 and game runs awesome ( no, I lie - is a CHARM ) in professional servers :tongue: . I can see here "issues" posted. Let me see: I don't have any sound issue with default setup, I don't see troubles at D3D9 (not in my machine) no stupid coronas, no fog, and HIGH detail everything, I don't have empty menus, I don't have 1000 skins installed, I'm not using Player-Tools except XConsole. Any questions ?
Since I can see even here "admins" unable to find logs then I'm not interested about their sort of "servers". Also I was playing once in a good one without very experimented players. When I started to kill them, they left game in 5 minutes... Eh "players"...
Else spoken I run myself servers and I don't have any trouble mentioned above - and I'm using custom stuff rewritten. I was playing also on some New-Net servers and I did not warped (In fact I was an easy target for advanced players from top-player shown). If you think that suddenly UT cannot run without I7 you are totally wrong. :lol2: Warping occurs because of player load with all sort of dumb applications bugging connection ( 3 chat apps, p2p, updates, toolbars, viruses - yes some people are loving them ), also if these are combined with a HUD with Accessed Nones, player might develop lags. YES, New-Net is still bulshitting in 2015 at simple codes, 500 kb log in a few minutes doesn't make me a fan of it. And we can speak more but I will trigger Evil Spirits if I'll start to put up valid examples of severs sending a lot of useless packages and dumb codes - each time I'm removing INI-s created in my client (I'm not hosting INI-s and neither to allow screwing my INI-s :lol2:).

SO... I won't drop my P4 because I don't like new plastics and I'm OK with my PC for this UT'99.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

no I'm not wrong. like I said before which I guess you couldn't understand is "MOST SERVERS" are configured for "higher netspeed and Tic rates". yes ut can run on dial up modems and Pentium 4 but WILL NOT RUN well on your 20 year old system unlnes you join 20 tic 6000 netspeed servers which no one runs. as I said OUR SERVERS are set for higher tic rates and higher netspeeds so if you joined my server you wouldn't even be able to play like the rest of us who use modern systems

edit: play ut with a modern system and I bet you wouldn't ever want to go back to your Pentium 4. i'm sorry you are still on that ancient platform
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Mainly actors from UT have some... timers having even fixed values which were in purpose to have a timing with a normal "Level. TimeDilation" (if you know that), so to speak, over-loading Level won't match the rest of actors with their states and warping, skating moves are going to be a natural phenomenon and... I'm so sorry but I won't run servers in that way... and not to buy a new system for a 15 years old game - I LIKE HOW works my system ON-Line.

Edit: You did not read what I have posted above. I HAVE PLAYED in servers with high netspeed and high tickrates without any trouble and P4 is more than enough for a 32 Bit Engine + 15 Years old. You cannot code mods anyway so it's useless to start a debate about this chapter and not comparing with servers done by Coders. Also related to anti-cheat chapter some server might kick people based on time-outs having bad configured ports which has nothing to do with machine used.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Yeah..... Nelsona.... Don't waste your time with Qwerty. Qwerty thinks he knows everything about running UT99 game servers(true Qwerty knows nothing about coding so yes pointless to debate for sure). I've been running UT servers longer than Qwerty and I'm still learning new things regarding UT99.

Anyways not to go to far off topic.....I just hope Anth gets back into action with developing ACE.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay, anti-cheat up-to date is probably hard to say when will be one - is like an antivirus , news occurs all the time.
Else because I was curious I captured small fragments:
Server_1.jpg
And a home one:
Home_one.jpg
And explanations according to Wiki.
Case 1)
- Tickrate 25 - not bigger;
- Time to process actor aprox 0.6;
- Network processing aprox. 0.4.
Case 2)
- Tickrate 63 deviated a bit;
- Time for Actor 0.2;
- Network Processing aprox. 0.1.

For case 1 I won't show how was evolution when other player has joined...
For case 2 I'm sorry for unstable tick-rate but wife was looking at a movie on that machine too...
In case 1 things seems very loaded. That's why player need the Last PC technology ? It looks like even server has a lot of work... and IT is guilty for lagging not the poor player.
For case 2 game is hosted by a Pentium D brand HP running a relaxed UT server + a movie. :|

It's all about what runs there. If I load an anti-cheat into my machine probably won't slow down things very ugly. There is running a web-server too, hosting my "News + Favorites" section + IpToCountry (for fun purpose). Redirect is no longer used.
I don't know machine specifications for Case 1 but for sure is high loaded and seems to not act as supposed. My "ancient" looks different and stable and that's all as long as is more closer to UT's age and runs stuff sorted.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

What machine specifications does your UT server run on Nelsona?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Case 2) Is my case
Pentium D 2.8 GHz 3 GB Ram - original machine bought + license and 2 additional GB RAM have been added - so it's not NASA's server but is enough helpful for me.
There I have Custom DM + Custom Monster + Custom Bot + a few server-tools + XC_Engine + XC_Core. I think ACE will slide like a butterfly but I'm not sure if I need it. Map running during capture was DM-Loathing (a good one with paths optimized perfectly and simple designed geometry).
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Is that page where you really went into tickrate still around Schlong? IIRC that was about the best single spot explanation on the subject I'd read.

BTW, fun fact to put things into perspective: Glide gives the best video performance per processor cycle even though render engines like openGL are a decade newer. The engine was written to run on Glide and it's optimized that way. Newer almost always means "faster and better" but UEngine is very much an exception to that rule. I don't know firsthand but I wouldn't be at all surprised if a single core P3 wouldn't outperform a multiple core chip if you narrowed the test bed down to purely UEngine performance. I've had older boxes I ran servers out of and those were VERY fast across the board as long as I kept it to just running the server. In fact the more I consider this the more I think that they were noticeably faster than my current boxes when starting a listen server. Dammit, now I'll have to test this to see how fast my current rig can fire up and look to see if I have my old logs to compare it with.

You should get Herm to speak on this. He knows a lot about Glide.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

sektor2111 wrote:Case 2) Is my case
Pentium D 2.8 GHz 3 GB Ram - original machine bought + license and 2 additional GB RAM have been added - so it's not NASA's server but is enough helpful for me.
There I have Custom DM + Custom Monster + Custom Bot + a few server-tools + XC_Engine + XC_Core. I think ACE will slide like a butterfly but I'm not sure if I need it. Map running during capture was DM-Loathing (a good one with paths optimized perfectly and simple designed geometry).
Ahhh.............. I recall making machines like that when I worked at the local PC shop. I've been running game servers on my Static IP from my Business class line for 3yrs now on a Windows 2008R2 Enterprise with an Intel Core i7 with 16GB Ram which has been performing quite well. My only draw back is bandwidth but I'm soon to negotiate for more here very soon. I would be interested to see if you could performed some of those tests you posted on one of my UT99 servers. Be curious to see the results. PM me know if you'd need any admin access to do so.