ini files on ut and unloading contents

Get some cool tips about how to tweak your UT graphic, gameplay, and much more!
darksonny
Adept

ini files on ut and unloading contents

Post by darksonny »

Hi all:
As the title says (admins I dont know if this is the correct section to post, anyway if isn't correct please move it to the appropiate section in this forum), If you have got for example 1000 maps in ut folder or 300 muts or 300 skins is there any way to "unload" some muts for example via ini file? I dont want to delete all the contents only unload...Its this possible? If so How could I unload specified content

Thanks!
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Re: ini files on ut and unloading contents

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

If you dont want the maps to be loaded, you need to put them in a different directory. Mutators are loaded via their corresponding .int files; find the files for the mutators you want to unload, and either move them to a different directory aswell, or open the with a text editor of your choice and uncomment the lines you don't want by adding a ";" in front of them. Note that an .int file may contain several mutators, like the default UT .int files (Botpack.int for example if I'm not mistaking).
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Hi SpongeBob
I understand what you are saying ...mmm as for the maps it could be a good idea if I rename the unr extension maps to for example "dm-Liandri.xxx" to be not loaded in the game?
As for the muts I got that idea but the skins is also included in botpack.int? or it they can have their self int file for x skin?
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

UT scans your specified Map folder for all files with the .unr extension (though a few of the "non-playable" ones like the intro map do not show up later). Renaming the unwanted maps with a different extension will therefore skip them from being identified as a map file, so they will not be loaded by the game.
Everything custom made except maps are loaded up via .int files (this includes Mutators, Gametypes, Mod-Menu-Entries, Skins, Voicepacks and more). Therefore deleting compelte .int files, where you don't exactly know what they are packed with, is kind of a risk. That's why I recommended to uncomment lines inside the files instead of deleting/renaming them completely. Regarding your question: Yes, the default skins are all stored inside Botpack.int. You might want to open it up quickly and have a look inside it; each line adds a specific feature to the game.
Sorry for not being clear in the post before: You should only rename/delete .int files, when you are sure they only contain the mutator you want to unload. This should only be the case for custom mods. Otherwise, open the file and uncomment the lines you want to unload.
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Thanks for the explanation dude, you did all very clear and cristaline lol
thanks again
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I just noticed that we don't really have a valid answer here because probably this is basic PC operating which might be even Off-Topic at a moment :loool: . It's strange to see people joined in 2008 and having operating issues in 2015, I was wondering what they did all this time, in 2009 probably many forums were still active having a lot of information.
Back to subject... anyway. Using cristaline explanations and attempting to be so clear like a cristaline crystal. For some admins this is a "Server How To" for others are "Tricks and Tips" and it's nothing so tricky in MOVING files away, LOL. The only tricky thing is to deny attention from any last good trick listed.

Go to UT Folder using a browser. Browser means an application able to handle files (file = that chain of bytes having a name).
Using a non magic based command you can create another folder named... let's say "Reserved" (no quotes). Files/mods unwanted at a moment can be MOVED in this new folder which means the mostly INT and U if exists same named files. Skins probably won't bug anyone if their INT is moved in new folder. Now... using a text editing tool you might edit UT.INI or whatever main file INI by adding ";" in front of lines describing them as packages. Also MapVote any ini will load mutators so must be checked if some mods aren't loaded there. If ActorClp is used, check it in Main server INI too. If mutators are loaded using RUN-LINE they should be removed from there - yes, it's not always about INI files for unloading content. Some content is loaded VIA their INT and/or Run-Line or some "tool". First thing is moving them in other folder and then checking LOG files if something is bitching when game will be started/crashed later due to content removed.

This is amazing indeed :ironic:
Sp0ngeb0b wrote:Otherwise, open the file and uncomment the lines you want to unload.
Uncomment for unload...

PS:
I did not see anyone getting hurt using G00gle for UT'99 server related things,
http://www.oldunreal.com/wiki/index.php ... rver_Guide
http://mistrealm.com/ut/UTServerBuild.html
and more spam is not necessary. Understanding how works a server heads in understanding of handling it.