Stunner for UT - cut gun from Unreal

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Stunner for UT - cut gun from Unreal

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

PSXStunnerUT.rar - release

psxStunnerUTSource.rar - source code

Summon psxstunner.stunner

Uses the stinger ammo, weapon slot is 9 like the original gun. This makes it unique to share it with the unreal rifle or ut rocketlauncher.
One of the ones in the series of cut Unreal weapon reworks that I am converting/finishing up. I don't have psxflamet for ut ready yet though and asked someone else to try it, because I had real troubles getting it to work in UT properly with decals/tournamentweapon.

I will post however the peacemaker for ut here also.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: Stunner for UT - cut gun from Unreal

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I wanted to note that with this weapon in particular it's not recommended to use it in tournamentdeathmatch simply because of the use of stinger ammo and tournamentdeahtmatch repalces stingerammo with pammo making the conflict.

However I made now a variant for UT DM specifically:
psxStunnerUTDM.rar
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Would the problem still be there if you are using Oldskool AMPd ?
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Dr.Flay wrote:Would the problem still be there if you are using Oldskool AMPd ?
No I don't think so actually. I've received a message from someone about the problem in DM almost immediately after release. That's why I was so quick to release this alt. version.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Shot0002.jpg
Shot0001.jpg
Screenshots here as requested.
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

This applies to all the weapons you posted recently: It's certainly interesting to see which weapons were planned for the original release but were cut during the production. I'm excited about using them in your PSX conversion. I have tested them all and I must say, I enjoyed the Stunner the most. The PeaceMaker has a charme of its own and reminds me of Feralidragon's Nali Weapons, but it is no weapon to use permanently. The flamethrower, while I'm always up to burning things down, lacks the visual satisfaction due to the engine's limitations.
This leaves the Stunner: A well-working competitor for the Stinger with a nice effect! It would've been cool if the fire modes were switched, though, since that way it would resemble more the way how the Unreal guns usually work.
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

There's still one weapon that's close to finishing, I released a test version years ago, but im waitin now on someone who wanated to clean up the code etc before I release then new version and also its ut version like with the stunner here.

This waas the original description of stunner in unreal design document:
(6) Stunner
Damage: Depends on charge. 1-20
Fire 1 : Holding down button 1 will chage the weapon and releasing it will launch a charge of energy out from the weapon. This charge acts as a repulsor and will push the creature away with great force.
Fire 2 : This works similar to fire button 1, but reverses the charge of the weapon to make it act as an attractor. It will pull creatures toward the player.
Ammo : Tarydium
Description: Not a heavily damaging weapon itself, but can be used knock creatures of platforms or mash them against a wall for much greater damage.
The direction that the target is thrown in depends on the angle of the Stunner and the velocity of the player. The power level of the weapon will be visually shown by an energy buildup at the tip of the weapon. If the energy is left at maximum buildup for 2 seconds, it autofires.
This weapon is a Skaarj design.
editor Dave
Inhuman

Post by editor Dave »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:T
Fire 2 : This works similar to fire button 1, but reverses the charge of the weapon to make it act as an attractor. It will pull creatures toward the player.
Oh, wow, I haven't noticed the "catch" function before, then this makes sense!

The thing is, you can shoot small projectiles as fast as you can click the right mouse button, while that doesn't work with a left mouse click. Thus I assumed that one fire mode was for charging and the other for shooting small beams [resulting in my wish to revert and adjust the order to the other weapons]. Do you think you can add the little animation after the primary mode (that prevents you from shooting continuously) to the secondary mode as well, so they act alike?
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

editor Dave wrote:
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:T
Oh, wow, I haven't noticed the "catch" function before, then this makes sense!

The thing is, you can shoot small projectiles as fast as you can click the right mouse button, while that doesn't work with a left mouse click. Thus I assumed that one fire mode was for charging and the other for shooting small beams [resulting in my wish to revert and adjust the order to the other weapons]. Do you think you can add the little animation after the primary mode (that prevents you from shooting continuously) to the secondary mode as well, so they act alike?
I'm sorry but I changed that on purpose. Alcapowned's version in Resurgence will have it different, so you can wait for that or make a custom version.
The thing is, the primary fire anim is new and was added by alcapowned but in practice it slows the gun down. I wanted to keep the fast fire option just in case for the secondary fire and to differentiate them a little more. The now secondary fire anim was always called "stab" for obvious reason.

I hope you understand my reasons for doing that.
editor Dave
Inhuman

Post by editor Dave »

Actually, I too prefer that there's also this faster option available. I thought I better pointed it out, in case you didn't know about the difference. But you sure did, sorry! :lol2: