Hello from Italy .o.

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Hello from Italy .o.

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Heyyy :D Hi!
My real name is Francesco :D and... ...I've some questions and some answers XD
I'm mostly a mapper .o. I started 10 years ago as a crappy player :D then I decided to mapping, but I didn't know anything about "english"... and so I took 5 years to acquire mapping experiences without look for tutorials(even cause I didn't even know what "tutorial" mean :( ).
I made some BT maps but I've 4GB of maps in my Maps folder €:
Last year I played a BT map online and we were 5 mappers into it at the same time .o. and one of them talked about mapping for Unreal 1, so, I decided to check the Unreal Editor 1.0 to see how it worked and :D it worked the same -.- I tried making a crappy map and I tested it, then I was like "is there still someone playing online?", I played a map online, found my "now-ex", had great times and some of the worse times of my life too :D but I started to code for my now-ex using Unreal Script and now i'm rly good with it and I still like to code on it but I've no much time anymore cause of University... (that I was continuing for my now-ex :/). I fell a bit in love for Unreal Engine 4 anyway, and so I started making maps on there, but now my laptop is getting too old and so I decided to buy another one, so now I just came back on UT99 for a while :)
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Hello from Italy .o.

Post by EvilGrins »

Hi!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

EvilGrins wrote:Hi!
Ty :D
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Welcome back ... I think.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

papercoffee wrote:Welcome back ... I think.
Yeah .o. Thank you :D
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Welcome to the forums... Enjoy your stay here! :thuup:
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

Hello,
from an italian player to another italian player: ciao !

cheers,
Pietro

PS: se giochi anche sniper, scrivimi in privato ! :mrgreen:
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

welcome!! i love BT!
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

UnrealGecko wrote:Welcome to the forums... Enjoy your stay here! :thuup:
Thank you u.u
UTPe wrote:Hello,
from an italian player to another italian player: ciao !

cheers,
Pietro

PS: se giochi anche sniper, scrivimi in privato ! :mrgreen:
Ciao e grazie :3

P.S. Amo fare lo sniper ma lo facevo principalmente 10 anni fa ed ora ho decisamente perso la mira, in più c'ho l'uni che mi manda il tempo libero in decomposizione XD.
Qwerty wrote:welcome!! i love BT!
Well, I said BTs but, I don't make just BTs :D
And ty anyway €:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Welcome Francesco
You should get plenty of feedback here with mapping and scripting.
There are plenty of mapping resources here so make good use of the search box, as we may have it already.

I am puzzled why you would use UEd1 for Unreal when it has UEd2.1, which is newer than the UT editor and more powerful.
Use UEd2.1 to easily create mipmapped S3TC textures, and import a wider variety of meshes for use as brushes and decos.

My own collection of resources is here https://yourunreal.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... resources/
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Francesco!

Good to have you here. About your map pack idea...go for it! :tu:
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Dr.Flay wrote:Welcome Francesco
You should get plenty of feedback here with mapping and scripting.
There are plenty of mapping resources here so make good use of the search box, as we may have it already.

I am puzzled why you would use UEd1 for Unreal when it has UEd2.1, which is newer than the UT editor and more powerful.
Use UEd2.1 to easily create mipmapped S3TC textures, and import a wider variety of meshes for use as brushes and decos.

My own collection of resources is here https://yourunreal.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... resources/
Thank you, I used UnrealEd 2.1 already for Unreal 1, and I saw it had some useful tools and I made an "HD" map with it, it was the first HUB for Unreal 1, I wanted give it to my ex replacing her intro, it was rly a nice HUB... I published a vid about that map on youtube cause some people from... a server that I don't want to mention, thought I wasn't good at mapping :( and so I showed them my work .o.
Only two persons played that HUB map, Strategy(from DOG clan, rly one of the best persons I ever met in my life :D) and my ex. Strategy wanted it to be a public HUB online, but I was too depressed to publish it :/

p.s. I didn't want to mention that server, cause the admin of it and his friends tried to ruin my life inducing me to suicide, but I didn't fall completly and... ...luckily...
Instead, I decided to take a little revenge :3 and so I ran 6 servers called "F**k (Server I don't want to mention XD)" and putting maps with names against the admin of that server. Oh and, plus, I created a script that showed a random number(chosen in a specified range) of players inside the match on the browser, and that number changed every five minutes :D
After a week all the community of Unreal 1 knew about these servers .o. and so Strategy asked me to not to take a revenge and I followed his words :D And I put only one server called "DO NOT LET ADMINS ABUSE YOU! GET HERE TO..." using only one map called "...LEARN_THE_TRUTH" and it was a map where you where sit on a chair and you were into the red/blue pill scene of Matrix, and if you chose the blue pill, it asked you if you where sure about it .o. and if you accepted, it brought you to a webpage, Idk it still exist o.o but I don't want write too much, I just did XD

EDIT:
Carbon wrote:Francesco!

Good to have you here. About your map pack idea...go for it! :tu:
Thank you :D I don't have much time to complete a map pack, so I think I will ask to you all, if you would like to make this map pack with me :)