[SOLVED]I'm not good to export sounds for Unreal...

Search and find cool Voicepacks, Sounds and Music or show us your own ones!
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

[SOLVED]I'm not good to export sounds for Unreal...

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

It happened when I made a map on Unreal, and now it happened for the first time making a map for UT99, I put a sound and boom, I go near that sound and the game started loosing chunks and the sounds became rly... rly weird o.o
Now I finally understood that's cause I export the sounds the wrong way, I guess.
I made a looping sound using a software called "Audacity" I exported it as a WAV PCM (16bits) and I just imported it into Unreal Editor and all works fine except if I walk fast to go near the sound.
Does someone of you know why?

p.s. I remember it was rly scary when I played the Unreal 1 map several times, I got use to that bug and so I started going into a small room(elevator) and looking only toward a side of it cause many other chunks would of be corrupted if I would of went out from the elevator lol... :(
Last edited by PrinceOfFunky on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
heliumcat
Skilled

Re: I'm not good to export sounds for Unreal...

Post by heliumcat »

I'm wondering if this is because of the fact that most modern audio editors and DAWs read and export hidden metadata into it's wave files?

I always had to double check it and remove it when I exported wavs in Audacity.

Also I'd personally make sure they're no higher than 22khz 8bit mono and are free of any DC offset if I'd import them into UT.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Something I ran into that is germane here...I use Cool Edit Pro to import my sounds. In working on Food Fight I found that certain adjustments to the sounds in Cool created wav files that were corrupted in UT play. For example I could run hiss reduction once on a file and it was fine, but if I ran it twice then even if I conditioned the sound file within proper parameters for import, it still was messed up. I isolated it too, testing the same sound with one and then two hiss reduction passes. That tells me that certain sound conditioning screws up the UEngine sound playback. I have no idea why, that's a question for a sound engineer, but I can confirm it exists as an issue.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Problem is that it screws up even the graphic side :( How do I set 22Hz on Audacity? :/
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

I don't know what you really did but, truly, I can say you I never had audio problems when using wav pcm 11khz 8bit mono :highfive:
Audacity is a basic (freeware) software but if you search for a better tool, try Cool Edit Pro (now Adobe Audition) or Sony Sound Forge

cheers,
Pietro
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

UTPe wrote:I don't know what you really did but, truly, I can say you I never had audio problems when using wav pcm 11khz 8bit mono :highfive:
Audacity is a basic (freeware) software but if you search for a better tool, try Cool Edit Pro (now Adobe Audition) or Sony Sound Forge

cheers,
Pietro
Grazie :D
But I actually forgot to tell who tried helping me on this thread, that I was able to do it with audacity rly easy and fast, I would like to make a tutorial on youtube, but my account got "suspended" some months ago, and I guess it's forever :(
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: [SOLVED]I'm not good to export sounds for Unreal...

Post by Dr.Flay »

The tutorial I did for the old way of making fake UMX files will show you the things you need to know with Audacity
https://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4472
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Dr.Flay wrote:The tutorial I did for the old way of making fake UMX files will show you the things you need to know with Audacity
https://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4472
Well I said I solved it already, but Ty 8)
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Yes but this is a public forum, not a private conversation.
Other people will find this thread and bump it year after year by asking "so how did you solve it ?"
Now they will not.

These posts will be here for many years, so we like them to be closed with a visible solution.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Dr.Flay wrote:Yes but this is a public forum, not a private conversation.
Other people will find this thread and bump it year after year by asking "so how did you solve it ?"
Now they will not.

These posts will be here for many years, so we like them to be closed with a visible solution.
Oh well that's true :what: