Compiler Problems.... Assistance please?

Discussions about everything else
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Compiler Problems.... Assistance please?

Post by SilverSound »

Ok I'll make this short and sweet.

I'm trying to compile a Mutator I modified for UT2004. It's a modified UT2K4RPG that adds a new interface and weapons. The interface is a menu that is brought up when you press a button.

I'm getting a compiler error with something that I can't find the solution to anywhere on the internet.

Here's the Umake Scream log:

Code: Select all

Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_BaseTab
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_CharacterTab 
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributeDisplays.AttributeDisplays: unresolved reference to 'moEditBox'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.RecklessnessSelect''
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributeDisplays.AttributeDisplays: unresolved reference to 'moEditBox'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.VitalitySelect''
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributeDisplays.AttributeDisplays: unresolved reference to 'moEditBox'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.EnduranceSelect''
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributeDisplays.AttributeDisplays: unresolved reference to 'moEditBox'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.EnergySelect''
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributeButtons.AttributeButtons: unresolved reference to 'GUIButton'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.RecklessnessButton''
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributeButtons.AttributeButtons: unresolved reference to 'GUIButton'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.VitalityButton''
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributeButtons.AttributeButtons: unresolved reference to 'GUIButton'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.EnduranceButton''
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributeButtons.AttributeButtons: unresolved reference to 'GUIButton'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.EnergyButton''
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributeStatusDisplays.AttributeStatusDisplays: unresolved reference to 'moEditBox'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.WSDisplayComp''
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributeStatusDisplays.AttributeStatusDisplays: unresolved reference to 'moEditBox'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.HealthDisplayComp''
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributeStatusDisplays.AttributeStatusDisplays: unresolved reference to 'moEditBox'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.ShieldDisplayComp''
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributeStatusDisplays.AttributeStatusDisplays: unresolved reference to 'moEditBox'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AdrenalineDisplayComp''
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributesAvailableDisplay: unresolved reference to 'moEditBox'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AttributePointsSelect''
XInterface.GUIListBox: Delegate assignment failed:          OnClick=RPGGUI_CharacterTab.UpdateAbilityButtons
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AbilityList: unresolved reference to 'GUIListBox'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AbilityListComp''
XInterface.GUIButton: Delegate assignment failed:          OnClick=RPGGUI_CharacterTab.ShowAbilityDesc
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AbilityInfoButton: unresolved reference to 'GUIButton'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AbilityDescButton''
XInterface.GUIButton: Delegate assignment failed:          OnClick=RPGGUI_CharacterTab.BuyAbility
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AbilityBuyButton: unresolved reference to 'GUIButton'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AbilityBuyButtonComp''
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AbilityAvailableDisplay: unresolved reference to 'moEditBox'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.AbilityPointsSelect''
XInterface.GUIButton: Delegate assignment failed:          OnClick=RPGGUI_CharacterTab.ResetPointsClick
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.ResetButton: unresolved reference to 'GUIButton'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.ResetPointsButton''
XInterface.moEditBox: Delegate assignment failed:          OnCreateComponent=EnergySelect.InternalOnCreateComponent
ObjectProperty SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.ResetsAvailableDisplay: unresolved reference to 'moEditBox'SilverVCTF.RPGGUI_CharacterTab.ResetsAvailableSelect''
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_CreditsTab
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_LevelsTab
... deferring
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_NewsTab
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_SettingsTab
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_AbilityDescMenu
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_LevelsPage
... deferring
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_NewsMenu
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_KeybindPage
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_StatsMenu
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_ResetConfirmPage
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_Leaderboards_ListBox
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_TopTen_ListBox
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_Leaderboards_List
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_TopTen_List
Importing Defaults for STY_ResetButton
Importing Defaults for STY_AbilityList
Importing Defaults for Ability
Importing Defaults for Ability_AdrenalDrip
Importing Defaults for Ability_AdrenalRage
Importing Defaults for Ability_AdrenalSurge
Importing Defaults for Ability_AirMaster
Importing Defaults for Ability_Awareness
Importing Defaults for Ability_Cautiousness
Importing Defaults for Ability_CompleteDenial
Importing Defaults for Ability_EnergyLeech
Importing Defaults for Ability_EnhancedWeapons
Importing Defaults for Ability_HardenedShields
Importing Defaults for Ability_IllegalWeapons
Importing Defaults for Ability_IllegalWings
Importing Defaults for Ability_IronLegs
Importing Defaults for Ability_LoadedArtifacts
Importing Defaults for Ability_LoadedWeapons
Importing Defaults for Ability_MayhemWeapons
Importing Defaults for Ability_MiniUltima
Importing Defaults for Ability_MiscellaneousWeapons
Importing Defaults for Ability_PowerJump
Importing Defaults for Ability_Quickfoot
Importing Defaults for Ability_RBShieldGun
Importing Defaults for Ability_Regeneration
Importing Defaults for Ability_Resupply
Importing Defaults for Ability_Retaliation
Importing Defaults for Ability_ShieldGeneration
Importing Defaults for Ability_SmartHealing
Importing Defaults for Ability_SpeedSwitcher
Importing Defaults for Ability_Translocator
Importing Defaults for Ability_Ultima
Importing Defaults for Ability_Vampirism
Importing Defaults for Ability_VehicleMastery
Importing Defaults for MayhemDataObject
Importing Defaults for RPGGameplayStatics
Importing Defaults for RPGPlayerDataObject
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_LevelsTab
Importing Defaults for RPGGUI_LevelsPage
Compile aborted due to errors.
Loading SilverRules...
Failure - 24 error(s), 0 warning(s)
I couldn't find any resources that could tell me what exactly it's yelling at me for. It's talking about Xinterface.moEditBox and other Xinterface related things but I have the source for all of UT2k4 in the right place. So I'm stumped.

I'm almost tempted to ditch the menu redux and stick with the old but It would be hard, because I added a few things that the old menu doesn't account for. I don't think. Hopefully, some talented people can give me some clues or a solution. Thanks in advance!
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Re: Compiler Problems.... Assistance please?

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Look for "unresolved reference" here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=it
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

I'm not sure why, but when ever I google search things it never picks up the important stuff.

This is an error I'm not familiar with. The wiki explanation was good but I still don't know how to fix the problem.

I'll take the info you gave me and try to look but ultimately I don't think I'll be able to fix it.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I will also make this short and sweet :wink:
ut99.png
MOVED
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

Dr.Flay wrote:I will also make this short and sweet :wink:
ut99.png
MOVED

Well I actually didn't think posting it in scripting and codeing was wrong. It didn't say "UT Scripting and coding" Just..."scripting and coding".

Sorry for the assumption. I think it could be made a little bit more clear though. I didn't think the name of the site meant this game was all about UT99.
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

I am sorry, and under different circumstances it would obviously be correct. Even the threads about UT4 are in the off-topic section.
We would however have dedicated sections for each game if we supported more.

The site name is :noidea fairly specific (could not be more specific), and saying it out loud should reinforce the name of the game this site is for.
Feel free to post about any game but unless it is a resource that can be used in UT99, it will be off-topic.
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

Dr.Flay wrote:I am sorry, and under different circumstances it would obviously be correct. Even the threads about UT4 are in the off-topic section.
We would however have dedicated sections for each game if we supported more.

The site name is :noidea fairly specific (could not be more specific), and saying it out loud should reinforce the name of the game this site is for.
Feel free to post about any game but unless it is a resource that can be used in UT99, it will be off-topic.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention though. This is the first time I've ever met such nice staff anywhere. (besides Walt Disney World....They are super nice!)

I fixed my Mutator problem, But Haven't solved this issue. I would love to know how to fix this in the future and why it happens. The wiki doesn't specify enough for me to understand really.
Wormbo
Adept

Post by Wormbo »

To be honest, it's next to impossible for us to help you solve that problem if you keep all your code to yourself. ;)
SilverSound
Adept

Post by SilverSound »

If you want me to be Brutaly honest.... The code I was trying to compile was a mutator that is hosted on a DEAD server. Like superdead. Dead for 5 years dead. I was basically trying to take decompiled files and trying to recompile them.(found out how to generate INI and INT files with UCC off of .U files. From there I added what I wanted to with no problems)

This topic is just for my own curiosity now. What would you like me to post wrombo? I'm not sure what I'd need to post to help you deduce the cause.That would be why I didn't post any code. I didn't want to annoy anyone with code that had nothing to do with anything.(that was if I posted code that was non-helpfull)
Wormbo
Adept

Post by Wormbo »

Ah, I see. Exported classes for GUI stuff usually doesn't correspond exactly to the code originally used to compile. The defaultproperties block is stripped on import and regenerated on export, but that step is severely limited when it comes to subobjects and delegates. It's not entirely impossible to export the missing subobjects separately and integrate them into the exported sources, but it's a lot of work and you have to know what you're doing.

If you want to try anyway, the command for exporting all kinds of objects is "ucc batchexport <file to export from> object t3d <folder to export to>". This will create an huge number of t3d files, which are text files containing the property values for each object in the package. You will have to find the ones missing from your scripts' exported defaultproperties and add them somewhere before the failing reference. For the delegate problems you'll have to experiment a bit, if just adding the subobjects doesn't fix it yet.
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Thank you for understanding our position, and thank you for your kind words.
We do try to recruit a very high standard of moderator here, and I happen to be a mellow kind of dude.
In several ways we are more strict than other sites (check our house rules), but by being "fussy" this site is more accurate, useful and easy to search.
As this is not a clan/server site so we do not get as much troll activity or arguments.

Most of us here obviously play or edit with the other UT games (in fact I prefer UT2004), so here is still a good place to find help.
Wormbo is another good example of a seasoned veteran that spends more time with the new engines, but likes to help out with the old stuff.
We are indebted to him for continuing to support the wider UT community.

https://forums.beyondunreal.com is often a better place to post for the other games. You will find most of us also there (beware of trolls).
Many people forget http://www.oldunreal.com includes UE2 games, and so is also a very good place to find coding and technical help (no trolls).
SilverSound
Adept

Re: Compiler Problems.... Assistance please?[Solved]

Post by SilverSound »

Wormbo wrote:Ah, I see. Exported classes for GUI stuff usually doesn't correspond exactly to the code originally used to compile. The defaultproperties block is stripped on import and regenerated on export, but that step is severely limited when it comes to subobjects and delegates. It's not entirely impossible to export the missing subobjects separately and integrate them into the exported sources, but it's a lot of work and you have to know what you're doing.

If you want to try anyway, the command for exporting all kinds of objects is "ucc batchexport <file to export from> object t3d <folder to export to>". This will create an huge number of t3d files, which are text files containing the property values for each object in the package. You will have to find the ones missing from your scripts' exported defaultproperties and add them somewhere before the failing reference. For the delegate problems you'll have to experiment a bit, if just adding the subobjects doesn't fix it yet.
Oh wow! Sounds really in-depth! Thank you for posting this. It helps me to understand problems that I don't understand.

I was hoping to register on BeyondUnreal sometime. Old Unreal was hard to navigate for me so I kinda didn't stay on there too long.